PDA

View Full Version : Stick to Your Regimen Challenge!!! 2010...Part 2

Triplel
02-22-2010, 08:33 PM
Carry on:D

mymy
02-22-2010, 10:11 PM
Here is Part 1 (http://www.nappturality.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117932) so that we know what's going on.

LadyBug13
02-23-2010, 02:08 AM
Here's a brief update to my regimen (updates in BOLD):

Clarify: Qhemet Biologics Egyptian Wheatgrass Cleansing Tea or Giovanni Golden Wheat shampoo (once a month)
Shampoo: Giovanni Smooth As Silk (weekly)
Condition: Giovanni Smooth As Silk (weekly)
Deep Condition: Honey and olive oil (twice a month)
Detangle: V-05 or Suave or some cheapie conditioner (twice a month)
Daily Spritz: Water
Leave-In: Giovanni Direct (weekly)
Styling: Qhemet Biologics, Lily of the Desert aloe very gel
Sealing: castor oil
Styles: tuck and go, buns, and twist updos mostly until warm weather rolls around.

Have I been following my regimen? Well, I need to get better at it, lol. I'm only using the products listed above, but I need to be more consistent with my washings.

afroknots11412
02-23-2010, 04:52 AM
wow! part 2 already. glad to see this thread is a success.

still holding on with my braids.

I'm definitely keeping up with the health externally and internally. I have been drinking my water, taking my vitamins and eating my veggies. if I don't see some significant changes, my hair just is done.

Seductive Arts
02-23-2010, 01:49 PM
how long are you suppose to stay on the challenge?

Seductive Arts
02-23-2010, 03:43 PM
Okay, I am in but this is my March Challenge only, because some of the the products I will be listing should be used up by then. Basically, the Ojon Tawaka products, Suave Tropical Coconut and the Jason Thin to Thick products should be used up by April.

Week 1 & 3... Monday, Wednesday, Friday (Protein Treatment weeks)

+ pre-poo treatment (Monday only)
---scalp: Jason Thin to Thick revitalizing scalp elixer (for ezcema/dermatitis)
---hair: Tigi Catwalk Oatmeal & Honey conditioner (a protein conditioner)
+ shampoo: Ojon Tawaka cleanser
+ conditioner: Ojon Tawaka conditioner

Week 2 & 4... Monday, Wednesday, Friday (Clarifying Weeks)

+ pre-poo treatment (Monday only)
---scalp: Jason Thin to Thick Revitalizing Scalp Elixir
---hair: Suave Tropical Coconut conditioner mixed with neem powder, milk powder
+shampoo (Monday only): V05 Herbal Escape Kiwi Lime Squeeze (to clarify)
+conditioner (Monday only): Suave Tropical Coconut conditioner mixed (to clarify)
+ shampoo and conditioner (Wednesday and Friday): Tawaka Ojon

Week 1, 2, 3, 4...Daily

+ water rinse: on days I am not shampoo and conditioning my hair. (Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday)
+ Esencia by Samy Vanilla Macadamia & Saflower Natural styling creme mixed with olive and sesame oil, honey and glycerin (to get extra moisture and lubrication for the cold and dry Winter/Spring)

I wrote this down on a piece of paper and I will tape it on my bathroom wall so i can remember what to do on what day and week.

LadyBug13
02-27-2010, 10:42 PM
Another update: I was about to do a deep conditioning today with the honey and olive oil, but I realized that I ran out of olive oil. Good news though: I was able to use Qhemet Biologics Castor and Moringa Softening Oil as a DC. I'm going to keep it in for a hour before rinsing out. I haven't DC'ed in a minute, so I really want to adhere to my proposed bi-weekly DC treatments.

afroknots11412
02-28-2010, 04:59 AM
been keeping up with the health part. drinking green smoothies and water.

I may have to tweak my regimen a bit due to limited funds. I love karens products but I ain't got the dough right now for that. also as my hair gets longer I need more conditioner to get the job done. at $16 per 8 oz thats just not working for me. still love karens but I need something cheaper. haven't bought it yet, I'm trying to use up my stash until its finito. I'm looking into natures gate.

Triplel
03-01-2010, 06:08 AM
nothing's changed for me..did the weekly wash and a quick lil style

mymy
03-01-2010, 06:26 AM
I'll be keeping my regimen just as it is. I finished my co-washing and bantu knot experiment on my twists and... um... NO.

an_dri_uh
03-01-2010, 10:16 AM
my no regimen regimen has changed.

Wash at least once a week. Since having box braids this isn't an issue.

Products I use

Organic Amla oil - once to twice a week, usually followed with a rinse the following morning.

Main Spray bottle mix = organic coconut oil and purified water (hair seems to love)

JBCO- sparingly, on parched ends, once twice a week.

oyin whipped pudding- hair seems to love (daily)

I also usually end up baggying with some combination of one, or all of the above products.

Triplel
03-01-2010, 01:47 PM
I'll be keeping my regimen just as it is. I finished my co-washing and bantu knot experiment on my twists and... um... NO.

a curious mind wants to know,what happened? why didnt it work?

mymy
03-01-2010, 04:35 PM
a curious mind wants to know,what happened? why didnt it work?
On week old twists I would co-wash them, set them in bantu knots while wet, leave them in overnight and take them down the next day. Then I would repeat 2-3 days later. I did this twice in an attempt to stretch my twists to 2 weeks.
Yeah, that didn't work out. My twists looked a mess (to me) by the 2nd co-wash and my hair tangled more too. One thing about my hair hasn't changed, I can't co-wash more than once on a set of twists and the bantu knots didn't change that. If I need to make my twists last longer than a week, I'll either just co-wash them once and bantu knot them or I'll moisturize them really well and set them on bantu knots that way.

The extra tangling and fuzzy twists weren't worth it to me.

mymy
03-01-2010, 05:31 PM
^^I forgot to add that I had more breakage, and to me it was a lot. I'm not used to seeing little broken off coils all over me when I'm doing my hair.

Krystle~Hime
03-01-2010, 05:32 PM
my regimen for March(if i stick it for march without changing anything it will be a miracle ! )

Weekly
prepoo by DCin for at least 3hours
shampoo with moroccan black soap
Condition with Garnier Ultra Doux avocado/shea condiioner
Rinse with cold water, then seal with cocoavanilla butter
Rebraids my hair

Every day
Spritz my hair with water

i try to keep it simple for avoid over manipulation & breakage
i hope to see great results and retain more length

Triplel
03-03-2010, 03:42 PM
On week old twists I would co-wash them, set them in bantu knots while wet, leave them in overnight and take them down the next day. Then I would repeat 2-3 days later. I did this twice in an attempt to stretch my twists to 2 weeks.
Yeah, that didn't work out. My twists looked a mess (to me) by the 2nd co-wash and my hair tangled more too. One thing about my hair hasn't changed, I can't co-wash more than once on a set of twists and the bantu knots didn't change that. If I need to make my twists last longer than a week, I'll either just co-wash them once and bantu knot them or I'll moisturize them really well and set them on bantu knots that way.

The extra tangling and fuzzy twists weren't worth it to me.

^^I forgot to add that I had more breakage, and to me it was a lot. I'm not used to seeing little broken off coils all over me when I'm doing my hair.

do you wear big or small twists? i have a feeling that if i were to try something like this i would have the same result{o

mymy
03-03-2010, 06:15 PM
do you wear big or small twists? i have a feeling that if i were to try something like this i would have the same result{o
They're large, I have 20 or 21 in my hair.

afroknots11412
03-04-2010, 09:35 AM
I needed some conditioner in the worst way. bought some natures gate and giovanni's direct leave in. I love my karens but I'm strapped for cash. needed a cheaper alternative. hope it goes well.

Debonaire
03-04-2010, 06:48 PM
I needed some conditioner in the worst way. bought some natures gate and giovanni's direct leave in. I love my karens but I'm strapped for cash. needed a cheaper alternative. hope it goes well.

You better bust out that mayonnaise and quit stalling. I'm trying to will on tomorrow so I can get my hair tlc on.

Triplel
03-15-2010, 01:54 PM
Ay where is everyone:huh:

@mymy ok gotcha. i may decide to do my hair in twists in the near future. we'll see

well ive been going very well on this. ive been consistent w/ the regular washes and co-washes and my hair is loving it. i was talking to my yesterday about this and i realize the amount of shedding is down considerably from months ago:D im just going to keep doing what im doing until i cant do it anymore

Seductive Arts
03-16-2010, 07:18 AM
I am still in doing my thang. I must say I am bad not putting in my scalp treatment in before shampooing, but that is only minute. I do 99% everything else.

afroknots11412
03-21-2010, 05:22 AM
I love how dee gave a us a challenge forum. makes it way easier to keep track.

yesterday, I set my hair free in a puff. felt so good. the warm weather made me do it. anyways, today it goes back up in a bun. then it goes back into braids.

mymy
03-21-2010, 07:08 AM
^^I love the challenge forum too. It also made me realize how many challenges I'm in, thank goodness they don't need a lot of updates.

creativity
03-21-2010, 02:58 PM
This is really cool about the challenge forum!
I know now I need to add back Castor oil to my regimine--my hair responds very well to the additional moisture.

Richelle_22
03-22-2010, 02:18 AM
I'm 2wks into sticking to a regimine. I can finally band my hair now so this thread is perfect timing for me!

A little hard though, but I want length and healthier hair so I'll suck it up!

Natural Stylist
03-24-2010, 01:44 AM
reggi in my siggi

kmacbaje
03-24-2010, 02:11 AM
eep its been a minute...well I've been sticking to my regimen mostly..I've tweaked it a bit by rinsing weekly either with water only or a herbal rinse. For some reason my hair seems like its not liking the honey hemp anymore so I'm removing it from my regimen.

I've been doing a lot of puffs and buns recently but i will have to twist it up or something soon.

km

afroknots11412
03-24-2010, 06:33 AM
mymy will be happy to know that I'm going back to braids by this weekend. this will be my second to last set I will be doing.

very happy with my natures gate conditioners right about now.

mymy
03-24-2010, 10:16 AM
^^my hair is out right now too. I'll be putting my twists back in today or tomorrow. My bantu knot out turned out cute, but I'm ready to go back to twists.

afroknots11412
03-24-2010, 09:07 PM
yeah I love when my hair is out. when I see someone with a fro I wanna break out mine. however, I just don't like dealing with it on a regular basis. I really enjoy the ease of having box braids, just don't like the take down.

Natural Stylist
03-26-2010, 08:00 PM
i wash everday. i combat dryness by moisture, moisture, moisture. i put oil in everything. just yesterday i bought some castor oil and i put it in my hair washes. i already had olive oil in there. i love washing everday.

Seductive Arts
04-04-2010, 05:58 AM
My regiment has changed because I ran out of the products I was using. I will post soon what my new regimen will be when I go through my closet to figure out what I will use next. Whatever I will be using, I will have enough products to last me through out Spring. So I know that I will keep this regimen for the next 3 months.

thirsty coils
04-04-2010, 05:01 PM
For the next month I will stick with this since it seems to be working:

weekly - Deva Curl no poo
weekly - Hello Hydration conditioner
Daily water spritz
Daily shea butter twists

Oh I guess I need to find a monthly deep conditioner. I'll figure something out.

thirsty coils
04-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Good news though: I was able to use Qhemet Biologics Castor and Moringa Softening Oil as a DC. I'm going to keep it in for a hour before rinsing out. I haven't DC'ed in a minute, so I really want to adhere to my proposed bi-weekly DC treatments.

I have some of this but never used it. Maybe I'll try this as a deep conditioner. I hope I don't need much, the bottle is so small.

LadyBug13
04-04-2010, 06:07 PM
My only update is for my deep conditioning: I want to use EVOO, castor oil, honey, and jojoba oil as options for DC'ing. I also can use Qhemet's Castor and Moringa Oil as a DC. This weekend, I used castor and jojoba oils as a DC, and my hair was very soft and moisturized.

I have some of this but never used it. Maybe I'll try this as a deep conditioner. I hope I don't need much, the bottle is so small.

I put like a small amount (maybe a nickel sized) on each section of hair (I think I had maybe four sections).

afroknots11412
05-03-2010, 06:26 PM
yeah I totally fell off.

I started using natures gate conditioners. I bought some shea moisture curl milk and use it as a leave in. it has silk proteins in it and my hair loves it. went back to my old scalp grease natures blessing. scalp is loving it and I have no problems. also started using ayurvedic herbs again. hair is guess what...loving it.

so basically I am out of this challenge. sucks cause I'm the one that started it. I was gettin bored with the box braid challenge so I changed up the regimen to spice things up.

also I'm not doing anymore challenges related to hair. I just can't stick to them.

mymy
05-03-2010, 07:31 PM
I'm sticking to my regimen. I've been staying on my weekly wash schedule and my scalp is happy.

kismet79
05-03-2010, 09:44 PM

afroknots11412
05-04-2010, 02:45 AM
I'm rooting for you mymy!

Debonaire
05-05-2010, 04:50 AM
I forgot to update for April and May. I am realizing that my regiment is waaaay different than what I follow when my own hair is in twists. When I have extensions my regiment is pretty much non-existent. I'm going to try and mix up a light spray for moisturizing my hair and cutting down on the itchiness on my scalp.

LadyBug13
05-09-2010, 09:36 PM
I've been doing pretty well. Today I DC'ed with EVOO, V05 conditioner and peppermint oil for 2 hours before rinsing and shampooing/conditioning my hair in sections, and then applying a leave-in. Last week (or the week before, can't remember) I washed and detangled in sections.

NappilyT
05-31-2010, 03:34 AM
My regimen: Wear a half-wig as a protective style for 8 weeks at a time. Wear a curly braidout fro for a week after the 8 wks is up. Repeat this until November 2010. I co-wash every other week and shampoo + deep condition every other week.

Now to vent! I really want to do this for my hair because I know it gets hard for me around my 6th month of transitioning. Plus I'm about to have a baby within the next 3 weeks. However, it is SO hard for me to stick to this! I just want to wear my hair out SO badly that it's driving me nuts! I just cut the half wig yesterday for some variety, but I'm only approaching week 3.....8 weeks is so far away. =(

HoneyNut
06-19-2010, 07:52 PM
*nervous laughter

Stick, to regimen huh?! yea. that worked. my post-it is somewhere thereabout. LoL

I wash every two weeks just about. still pre-poo and scalp scrub before each wash. Moisturize when i feel like. And dunno the last time I slept with my scarf. (i have 4 FOUR CUATRO) LoL.

Is my hair growing? meh. it'll survive :D

NappilyT
06-20-2010, 10:02 PM
My regimen: Wear a half-wig as a protective style for 8 weeks at a time. Wear a curly braidout fro for a week after the 8 wks is up. Repeat this until November 2010. I co-wash every other week and shampoo + deep condition every other week.

Definitely not feeling the 8wks routine so I'm loosening up on this. Now my focus is on ensuring I'm wearing some type of protective style, mostly using weaves, and I'll be changing it anywhere from 2-5 weeks dependig on the durability of the style. The rest of my routine remains the same for now though I may start using the baggy method as applicable at night.

creativity
07-13-2010, 02:56 PM
I have been doing so much better about doing protective styles and my hair has been slowly catching up. I have gone back to using rinses as the last step in my wash day ritual--- acv/eo/water blend --sage,peppermint,rosemary,grapefruit oil rinse. I really think its helping my hair. Just trying to keep things as simple as possible. I had alot of breakage when I took my baby locs down.

Fronomenal
07-22-2010, 09:35 PM
Can I join!? How exactly to challenges work? How often do you update? I'm a newbie.

Sticking to my regimen will help me retain moisture, regrow my edges and retain length. I hope to grow three inches of hair by January by sticking to my regimen.

//////////////////////////////////

Daily: Spritz hair with water, aloe vera gel and honey mix.

Nightly: Lightly massage castor oil into edges. Wear satin cap to bed.

Weekly:

Pre-poo w/ olive oil and coconut oil.

Wash with African Black Soap Shampoo.

Condition and detangle with Suave Professionals Almond and Shea Butter Conditioner.

*Deep* condition with an avocado, coconut milk, honey and castor oil.

Apply Kimmaytube leave-in conditioner and/or shea butter mix.

Two-strand twist hair.

Seal ends w/ castor oil.

Wear twists pinned up all week. On weekends, take twists down for a twist-out. Repeat entire process on Sunday.