PDA

View Full Version : Is My Hair Breaking Off????

Lyrical Lady
03-15-2010, 04:18 AM
I wear my hair in an Afro puff most of the time. As I stated in another thread, my hair is shorter in the crown of my head. I am now really taking notice and it seems that part of my hair is broken off...NOT just shorter!!! I have stretched and pulled, and it won't pull out any longer!! Is it possible that wearing my hair in the puff broke it off?? I thought an Afro puff was a protective style!!!

I know my hair has been traumatized due to the year of extreme stress I underwent; it seems to have stopped growing. I have now gotten back to tending to it, but no luck with that short part. I am really upset and was wondering if any of you think I should cut all of my hair to match that short part???

mymy
03-15-2010, 04:34 AM
I don't really consider a puff to be a protective style because your ends are exposed. You can cut your hair to even if up if that is what you want to do, but I don't think its necessary. The manipulation of doing your puffs and wearing it out may be catching up with you and caused the breakage. Try making puffs an occasional style and do some more twists, braids, cornrows, buns, etc.

Lyrical Lady
03-15-2010, 07:22 PM
I don't really consider a puff to be a protective style because your ends are exposed. You can cut your hair to even if up if that is what you want to do, but I don't think its necessary. The manipulation of doing your puffs and wearing it out may be catching up with you and caused the breakage. Try making puffs an occasional style and do some more twists, braids, cornrows, buns, etc.
Yea, I'd rather do that than to cut it off. I'll pay special attention to the crown using my favorite oil for growing hair in weak spots...Castor Oil.
Thanks mymy

meraki
03-15-2010, 07:59 PM
I could understand it clearly if you said your hairline was breaking. But I don't know why the crown would be breaking off more than the rest. Is the hair finer there?

Lyrical Lady
03-15-2010, 08:24 PM
Nope...that part is like a sheep's butt!!! lol The texture is very different, it shrinks tight to my head!!