PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Area Salons

ya1980
04-03-2010, 03:08 PM
I did the BC for the second time back in August and my hair has grown out considerably. It's to a point now where it's too long to do a quick wash and go with a little gel to define the curl, but too short to do much else....also, I like how it looks when blown out, but I don't want to continue torturing my hair with the excessive heat. Feeling a little helpless now...

The hubby and I just relocated (he is in the military) to the North Chicago burbs and I'm interviewing for jobs and my hair, when it should not be, is becoming an issue. Thought I had the strength and motivation to dawn it in all it's natural glory, but I'm starting to have those "esteem" issues because I can't do anything with it without blowing it. I don't want to back slide again...........where are the Chicago area salons?? Any suggestions?

!Beatnut!
04-03-2010, 07:10 PM
Heeeeyy! I see your in Glenview, I travel to and from Palatine! Anyway, I have locs, but when I was a loose nap I used to hit up these spots in Schaumburg & Rogers Park ....May I PM you with the info?

jorjeni
04-03-2010, 07:17 PM
Maybe try braids ? I am in Batavia. We need to have an Illinois get together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

!Beatnut!
04-03-2010, 10:28 PM
@jorjeni: true, true! I go to school in central IL, but I frequently return north.

ebbydyme76
04-05-2010, 08:03 PM
I'm in Chicago as well and I am having such a hard time finding an affordable natural stylist.

BProvidence
04-10-2010, 02:32 AM
@norussel pls send me the info to the shop in rogers park

BeautifulFlow
04-12-2010, 01:41 PM
I'm not from there, but I know that I went to the Soul Salon Spa, but it's a ways from you I think! They are a bit pricey though!

demi goddess
04-12-2010, 02:12 PM
hey norussell, could you PM me w/ the info about the place in Roger's Park too please? it's tough finding a natural hair salon in Chicago that isn't way down on the south side (too far for me!)

Divine1908
04-15-2010, 10:21 PM
Christian Fields Style Bar is a great place in chicago too. I feel like the pay is worth it. And I've been recommended by 4 different people. The whole place is an experience tho. they have a juice bar, a small boutique in there too along with locticians and other stylists.

Here's the link to the website http://christianfields.net/main.html

!Beatnut!
04-18-2010, 01:30 AM
I'm not from there, but I know that I went to the Soul Salon Spa, but it's a ways from you I think! They are a bit pricey though!

I've heard about them too! Hella expensive, tho