PDA

View Full Version : Tendrils

mslady
04-22-2003, 03:58 PM
Has anyone ever gone to Tendrils in Brooklyn to get their hair done. I went there some time ago to have my daughter hair twisted. While I was there I watched other people getting their kinky twists (extensions) done. They really were doing a good job. One girl that worked there had hers done too, her hair was soooo nice!!! I inquired about the prices because I wanted them to twist my hair. Are you all sitting down? Why did she tell me that the price range was from $561.00 to $998.00. I wanted to fall out. I asked her for what. "We wash your hair, give a steam treatment, the price also includes the hair and the time for us to do your har." Needless to say, I did not make an appointment. Tendrils.

blumoonbabe
04-23-2003, 09:39 AM
Girl! They tried to run that same mess on me! I can't remember they quoted me ( I've sucessfully blocked that traumatic experience out! LOL) But my jaw was on the FLOOR! :o :shock: I was like iz ya crazy?

I marched my butt right on to Harlem at the spot by the subway on 125 and they quoted me $160 and theirs looked better than the ones at Tendrils.

I eventually just got them done in Jersey where I was living, so I didn't have to take the train ride during the evening rush, and I paid the same price, and got to miss the psycho NYC rush hour :D

mslady
04-23-2003, 05:04 PM
Yeah, I think Tendrils bumped their head. I ended up at another salon in Brooklyn and paid only 150.00. They looked really nice and they stayed in for a good while.