PDA

View Full Version : Heat Damage

prettykinks
05-27-2004, 08:07 PM
[SIZE=7]I recently went to a beauty shop to have my hair straightened and to have my ends clipped. Everything was "all good" until I washed my hair and saw about five straight pieces hanging from my fro!!!!
What do I do to fix this problem? I want my curls back!!!!!!! :oops:

Glanza_Gurl
05-27-2004, 08:20 PM
I don't understand.....you went to have it straightened?? How and why?

Gloria
05-27-2004, 08:24 PM
Read this...

Important: On Heat and Straightening
The real deal

kinkykhick
05-27-2004, 08:35 PM
check out this thread will my curl pattern return? (http://www.nappturality.com/modules/ipboard/index.php?showtopic=27601&st=0)

Afrodesiac
05-27-2004, 08:37 PM
prettykinks,
I can't answer your question as to whether your curls will come back from your specific experience because I've never had that happen to me. I can, however, attest to having brushed/picked my curls out and having to wait a couple of days for the curls to come back, though. I didn't apply any heat in my case, so I don't want to give you false hope, but I would like to offer some support to another sistah who's having an experience of feeling like she may have lost her curls.

I hope some other sistahs on the board will be able to give you more specific help or at least give you more advice on your next course of action.

Dolliesdaughter
05-27-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by prettykinks@May 27 2004, 03:07 PM
I recently went to a beauty shop to have my hair straightened and to have my ends clipped. Everything was "all good" until I washed my hair and saw about five straight pieces hanging from my fro!!!!
Cut them off.

sweetield
05-27-2004, 09:39 PM
Man, this has been a big topic today. Well, i don't have much advice for you. Wash it a few times, and deep condition it for a few days. If that doesn't work, you may have to cut it off.

Sorry this happened to you. Going to salons to get your hair pressed seems to be a big no no, from what i've seen on these boards.

prettykinks
05-28-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Glanza_Gurl@May 27 2004, 10:20 PM
I don't understand.....you went to have it straightened?? How and why?
I was going to a ball and I didn't know how to do my hair. So I went to get it straightened with a barrel iron. First it was blown dried then he iron was used on it. The style was nice but I'm regretting it now. >:(

Glanza_Gurl
05-28-2004, 12:16 PM
shoot! definitely sounds like way too much heat was applied.....
we live and we learn ....just don't do it any more......when i don't know what to do with my hair I get a nice braided hair style.

prettykinks
05-28-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Glanza_Gurl@May 28 2004, 02:16 PM
shoot! definitely sounds like way too much heat was applied.....
we live and we learn ....just don't do it any more......when i don't know what to do with my hair I get a nice braided hair style.
Thanks for the advice. I'll know better nex time. No more heat for me. This was a first and a last time. :blab

realbme
05-28-2004, 02:57 PM
Heat no more in 2004!!! Yessss!!

AFashionSlave
05-28-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Alken41100+May 27 2004, 03:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Alken41100 @ May 27 2004, 03:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-prettykinks@May 27 2004, 03:07 PM
I recently went to a beauty shop to have my hair straightened and to have my ends clipped. Everything was "all good" until I washed my hair and saw about five straight pieces hanging from my fro!!!!
Cut them off. [/b][/quote]
I agree with this.

You can continue to wash your hair in an effort to see your napps again, but if your hair is still straight after one washing then chances are that your napps will never fully return.

I got the urge to press my hair over a year ago. I washed my hair every day for a week hoping to see my napps again, but the damage was done and my napps NEVER came back. I had to cut off chunks of my hair. After I cut off the damaged ends I decided to do big chop #2. I cut my hair into a very cute short style.

Cutting your hair is not the end of the world. Shorter hair maybe a nice change for the summer.

:) I hope that everything turns out well with your hair.