PDA

View Full Version : Help =(

Timberly
05-22-2010, 06:25 PM
Do any of you guys wear eyeshadow? I just bought a eyeshadow palette & well I just don't know how to use it :( any tips or advice?

nickib
05-22-2010, 06:44 PM
:D The first time I bought eyeshadow I was going to my senior prom... good time man.

What kind did you by? And what tools do you have? Each person is diff but I can give you a quick list of thinks i like to do...

I use the lil sponge applicator (the one that comes with it) when i want ot do full lid coverage. I use an eye showdow brush (like a powder brush but much much smaller) when i just want a lgiht dusting. I use an angle brush when i want to use my eyeshadow as eyeliner.

Most eyeshadows can be used wet and dry. Wet creates a bold brighter look (for me at least) and it stands out against my complexion. To do the eyeliner thing I mentioned above I wet my angle brush (its a powder brush cut at an angle) squeeze off the excess with my two fingers to make the tip really thin and precise and apply the eyeshadow as if it were liquid liner.

Really you jsut have to play around with it adn see what works for you. You may find someitnhg fun and creative that no one has every considered!

Have fun!

Timberly
05-22-2010, 07:09 PM
I bought a 54 color palette from claire's just to start playing around with it. I have the little sponge tip applicators. i think i'm gonna get some eye shadow brushes within the next couple of weeks. but thanks! i'll be experimenting a lot this summer.

KB
07-06-2010, 05:41 AM
check the rest of us in this thread ;) (http://www.nappturality.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120083)

you can get good inexpensive brushes from Target by Sonia (can't remember her last name)

youtube has a heap of videos on tutorials for simple shadows. my favorite is Queen of Blending (http://www.youtube.com/user/queenofblendingmua?blend=1&ob=4). i enjoy her color combos, cleanliness of application, and application techniques.

hope that helps! :D

danny so natural
07-06-2010, 02:03 PM
when i use my eye shadows i actually use my finger prefferably the ring finger on my right hand when i firt started using makeup,it gives me more control..but heres a couple tips on getting started

youtube-youtube is so great because you can see it being done and actually do it with them as they go.

family-ask a mom or female relative i got the hang of makeup by observing what my youger cousin did with her makeup

go to a beauty store at the mall like the body shop or victorias secret, and make sure you ask if they do face overs face overs are where they do your makeup for free(make sure you take note of what they do so you can later on do it for yourself) and ask puestions like ''how did you do that'' or "what colors suit my complexion" ect.

i hope tht helped have fun!

msteencuriousity
07-06-2010, 05:01 PM
i like to use both fingers and the sponge.
my advice would be to play around with the different colors and dont be afraid to use more than 1 color on your eyelid. I've been doing this for a year and receive massive compliments. The most reaction i get is from combining green yellow and red to match my bob marley shirt. its fun and it could be really cute if done right. Youtube was a HUGE help for me

Timberly
07-07-2010, 03:23 AM
yeah so I hardly use it. =/ I feel like I don't dress the part to wear it. I guess I'll use it for special occasions instead.

danny so natural
07-07-2010, 11:58 PM
you can also wear makeup casually but make it more natural like for the eyeshadows just use more nutural earthy tone like the browns,golds and warm pinks