PDA

View Full Version : hairdressers and 'texturizer'

vincybushbaby
05-27-2010, 12:07 AM
my ex's mother is a hairdresser. she was forever saying "let me just put a mild texturizer in your hair, it will be easier to manage"
:(o)

i came to realise that while she may be a good hairdresser with relaxed hair, she sure as heck didn't know what to do with mine, so when it came time to chop the colour that she put in out of it...ya'll know i went to where i know they can deal with my head.

no amount of free service can make up for someone who can't manage your head. *shudders*:o

sorry just had a little venting left in me8)

browncoco
05-27-2010, 10:23 PM
My mom uses that same line all the time .I just ignore it it's funny because she's newly natural with a twa .But doesnt treat her hair right

MissQueenie
05-27-2010, 10:57 PM
I've heard that from my own mother since I did the chop. "It will still be curly just more managable so lets put the texturizer on you this afternoon"

Ugh!

bettycakes
05-27-2010, 11:08 PM
oooh i have a lady i work with who is always arguing with me to put on a texurizer swearing its not damaging like a perm (yea right). I just firmly say no and move on.

m3shagurl
05-27-2010, 11:34 PM
oooh i have a lady i work with who is always arguing with me to put on a texurizer swearing its not damaging like a perm (yea right). I just firmly say no and move on.

I don't understand how people can argue with you about your hair. my grandma does the same thing, although she's slowed down with it lately. She convinced my mom to get a perm after a year and a half of her being natural. Her relaxed hair is back to being unhealthy like it was before8)