PDA

View Full Version : Hair Styles/ Tree Braids/ HELP THE 4C OUT!

Valentina94
07-05-2010, 07:39 AM
Hello!

I am currently transitioning with french braids, but I would like to try tree braids since they last longer (and I can have hair to play with until mine grows out :) ♥

Is this a good decision?

I ask this because I heard that if you leave hair alone (styling wise, such as combing, blow drying, straightening, etc.) it will grow.

Can I expect lots of new growth, or should prepare for the worse? Should I BC first?

I'm so confused LOL...I just want my hair to crank its jets towards my back. If you have any other styles in mind, please let me know.

My new growth is about 3-4 inches without being stretched. My relaxed hair is about 5 inches.

Lady.Capri
07-05-2010, 02:27 PM
Well you do have some growth going on right now! 3-4 inches unstretched is pretty good! Anyways braids won't make your hair grow, your hair will grow anyway, protective styles like braids help retain growth so the hair you do grow will stay on your head and not in the bathroom sink lol. Tree braids, micro braids, and kinky twists are a good choice. I prefer kinky twists though b/c when I took micro braids out I feel like I lost more hair in the process but that's just me. Good luck whatever you choose; I hope I helped a little :D

Valentina94
07-05-2010, 04:50 PM
You helped out a lot! Thank you!!!!!

cocoacurly
07-05-2010, 06:40 PM
i'd suggest kinky twists
or crochet braids for less tension on the scalp.