PDA

View Full Version : TOTALLY...annoying

CeeCee23
07-08-2010, 02:45 AM
so0.. i decided 2 go natural.. nd my mom just kinda "jumped on the bandwagon " because she didnt get a perm inawhile... so i was doin it for a purpose.. idk what her's was. i feel like she copied me... THAT wasnt the problem.. im estatic for n.e1 who decides to go natural.... so.. i did my BC....she followed. then they styling came in2 play.... she always talks about how her hair is better than mine because hers is softer... i mean. mine feels like wool/cotton.. hers is diff. looser curls i guess. nd she always rubs it in my face like i giva crap.. likkeee... ok..

and sometimes it hurs cuz my mom makes her comments. idk what to say. like. ummm... if my hair didnt look good. whytf did u copy me.

then she goes.. 'Oh, i remmber why i gotta perm, cuz my hair is just so soft nd bouncy, ugh dosent hold a curl for too long" ( my mom flat ironed her hair, and to me it looks tragic) ROTFL. I DONT GET IT!.. i go. mom ur hair was stiff.. lolo0lz. like thats what u like ?

she also said.... i dont like the fro look... thats why she flat irned her hair in the 1st place.... like... she makes me so upset cuz she says so much dum stuff.....

what should i do ?

DeeLite
07-08-2010, 07:15 PM
Imitation is the greatest form of flattery. Don't worry about the little comments and be happy your non flat ironed hair is healthy and kinky.

Kathleen1
07-09-2010, 06:14 AM
lol i cant stop laughin at your mom....she reminds me of highschool (reminisces)

JaeFuma
07-09-2010, 10:45 AM
what should i do ?

Let her do her thing while you do yours?

CeeCee23
07-11-2010, 11:59 PM
thanks..

.. any whitty comment idea's??

Frosephone
09-01-2010, 11:00 PM
Girl, I understand, my mom does the SAME THING! She always talks about how "cute" her afro was in the 70s (she is now relaxed) and she's always making rude comments about my afro. She's always saying how much better her afro was. The funny thing is, I look JUST like her when she was in her 20s, so I dont know what is with her! I rack it up to jealously and drinkin' some haterade.

As for comebacks, I say sometimes "Mom, stop being a hater!" Or, if she makes a comment like "Your hair is awful/not as good/etc" I would say back "Well, I got 50% of my DNA from you, so it's your fault if anything!"

I love my mom, but sometimes she's rude. I respond to her rude comments just like rude comments from strangers... only no cursing ;)

Hadasah
09-02-2010, 12:27 AM
My mom made rude comments about my fro, too, and gave it this stare that made me feel like isht. Luckily, I don't live with her now. :p

Off topic: Frosephone, that Pikachu is sooo cute!

Frosephone
09-02-2010, 03:47 AM
I'm almost don't live with her, except on holidays when my lease ends on campus :P

(and thank you- Afro Pikachu ain't nuthin' to mess with!)

angel_sista
09-02-2010, 08:20 PM
To the OP, I feel you on this one *starts a slow drum beat as she raps out the universal natural teen sorrows*

My mum is doing the same and it's winding me up. And you've gotta be careful with the witty comments, because she's yo mama and we can't take any responsibility if you're too witty and she smacks you up one :-))

But in all honesty, I know it's hard, but you'll going to have to ignore it and just look at the good in your hair.
My mum's going natural as well (though for how long, who knows?) and she does the same thing to me. I just }) at her and keep it moving.