PDA

View Full Version : Dye for grey hair

nueniebugs
07-20-2010, 05:05 PM
I've been trying to find products that will dye my grey, but haven't found anything natural that will do it. I've used Henna, but it doesn't cover the grey. I used Wella demi-permanent haircolor and mix it with the activating lotion. It colors my grey, but I was looking for something natural. Can anyone help. Thanks

ccpalm
07-21-2010, 06:24 PM
Hi OP and welcome to NP. Henna is one of the only natural hair coloring for greys that I'm familiar. What brand of henna do you use? The brand may have a lot to do with the whether or not your greys are getting colored. Also how long do you let the henna sit? I get my best results when I let the henna sit for 8 to 12 hours. Good luck.

curlz4me
07-21-2010, 10:00 PM
OP, what kind of henna did you use? I bought pure henna and it covered my greys. However, henna alone turns grey hair orangey. To get black, I had to do a two-step process, first henna and then indigo. That's the only natural thing I've found so far to cover grey. Oh and I'm told that indigo alone turns grey hair blue. So you have to use them both to get black.