PDA

View Full Version : Sage Oil?

KinkyCoils
04-24-2003, 07:53 PM
Does anyone know how to make this from scratch? I'm not sure if I'd be doing it right. Can I just take some olive oil and mix it with the sage leaves (that I cook with) in my cabinet? If this is the right way to do it, how long should I let it sit? And finally, should I drain the leaves out of it?

I'm sorry if this has been asked b4, but I went through the pages and didn't see it. Thanks!

aquababie19
04-24-2003, 08:19 PM
here's something i found while looking online. it doesn't say an particular herb, but it could work. i am doing an infused vanilla bean oil at the moment.

Cold Infused oil

Pack a large jar tightly with the herb (aerial parts and flowers fresh or dried) Cover completely with oil ( a carrier oil such as safflower, sunflower,walnut or sweet almond)

Put the lid on and leave on a sunny windowsill or in a greenhouse for 2-3 weeks. Then pour the mixture into a jelly bag fitted with string or an elastic band to the rim of a jug. Squeeze the oil through the bag. Repeat steps one and two with new herb and the once-infused oil. After a few weeks, strain once more and pour into storage bottles.

hope this helps

marissasensei
04-25-2003, 03:19 AM
The infused oil recipe looks good. I'm gonna have to try that one.

If you're looking to make sage essential oil . . . well, for all the sage you'd have to press to get any signficant amount of oil, you'd probably be better off buying it, lol.