PDA

View Full Version : Weight-lifting

Honeycomb
01-26-2003, 02:30 AM
Just wanted to see if there is anyone that lifts weights here. I do it 3x a week for about 40-45 mins. It's really good when you want to tone quickly. Lifting weights gives you immediate results for those of you that impatient.

elleebeme5
01-26-2003, 03:28 AM
I do strength training 3x a week. If I didn't eat so much, I'd be in great shape.

marissasensei
01-26-2003, 03:34 AM
I do strength training 3x a week. If I didn't eat so much, I'd be in great shape.

LOL. Same here!

I try to get in 3-4 workouts a week. I pretty much have to force myself to do cardio, since I love weights so much more.

elleebeme5
01-26-2003, 03:43 AM
.[/quote]
. I pretty much have to force myself to do cardio, since I love weights so much more.[/quote]

Same here! I just started doing cardio during the week. I used to just do it on the weekend - when I went!

elleebeme5
01-26-2003, 03:45 AM
[/quote] I pretty much have to force myself to do cardio, since I love weights so much more.[/quote]

Same here! I just started doing cardio during the week. I used to just do it on the weekend - when I went!

okay...quotes aren't working again!

Kkeete
01-27-2003, 03:35 AM
I lift weights five days per week....trying to get toned and pick up about 15 pounds of body mass

ChocolatChaud
01-27-2003, 04:12 AM

LOL. Same here!

I try to get in 3-4 workouts a week. I pretty much have to force myself to do cardio, since I love weights so much more.

I have to force myself to do cardio too. I love lifting though, I lifted 5 times a week this summer and I felt so good about my body. Once school started I just did cardio and I could feel my muscle shrinking up. Once classes start again, I am going to starting lifting 5 times a week again, alternating between upper body and lower body.

skchocolate
02-24-2003, 05:29 AM
i just started back lifting but i only do it once a week after tae kwon doe and i love it so much!!

thinking about trying protein shakes to help with muscle building and definition any thoughts on that? :?:

NaturalTrini
02-25-2003, 10:05 PM

LOL. Same here!

ditto... plus weight training burns and tones in one!

lilkinkyc
02-25-2003, 10:26 PM
Could some of you ladies post what you are lifting? I want to tone up and would really love to get some ideas from some of you?

skchocolate
02-26-2003, 03:40 AM
i dont have any set lifting program i just work my way around the machines. i do reps concentrating on my arms mostly becuase my legs get such a good work out in tae kwon doe. but working in reps i believe is the best thing to tone. reps i believe is lifting the largest weight you can safely lift do it about ten times then go to the next lowest wieght and then do ten of those continiung to you get to the lightest weight.

Pumpkin43
02-26-2003, 07:29 PM
I love weight lifting and I just started weight lifting everyday as opposed to 3x a week.

Can anybody recommend good exercises to build up the thighs and calfs if you can't get to the gym? I have dumbells at home so I'm okay for the upper body but I need something for the lower body. Especially, if getting to the gym consistently is a problem.

Thanks!!!

GalaxyGirl2010
02-26-2003, 07:47 PM
I love weight lifting and I just started weight lifting everyday as opposed to 3x a week.

Can anybody recommend good exercises to build up the thighs and calfs if you can't get to the gym? I have dumbells at home so I'm okay for the upper body but I need something for the lower body. Especially, if getting to the gym consistently is a problem.

Thanks!!!Regular squats, plies, front lunges,back lunges and side lunges work well. For your calves you could try balancing facing a wall and raising yourself up on your tippy toes either using 1 leg or both legs.

Good luck :)

SusieMae
02-27-2003, 10:55 PM
Here's a site with pictures and lots of exercises using several different methods and machines: http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html

SusieMae

marissasensei
02-28-2003, 12:53 AM
Could some of you ladies post what you are lifting?

I don't usually have time to go to the gym, so I rely on video workouts. I have a barbell and plates that go up to 50 pounds, and I have a set of dumbbells ranging from 3-20 lbs. That's pretty much all I need to life weights. Cathe Friedrich (www.cathe.com) makes EXCELLENT gym-style workouts. You get all the benefits of weight training, plus you don't have to count reps. Her videos aren't too hard to find on ebay or half.com. Also, check out the reviews on videofitness.com.

NaturalLove
02-28-2003, 01:25 PM
With my new regimen, I'm doing strength training 4 times a week. I've learned theat decreasing my weights and increasing my reps will give me a more toned look instead of a bulky muscular look that I had going last year. Also, I try to incorporate cardio 3-4 times a week.

krazeenapps
03-03-2003, 09:26 PM
My lifting tends to range anywhere from 30-50 lbs., and that's on my arms. My legs can be a little bit more. I usually lift weights with the machines. When I use actual dumbbells, my weights range from 5 to 10lbs. Does anyone else have this? I feel weak if I try any heavier weights with dumbbells. I'm actually happy with both.

I do some form of cardio everytime I lift weights, mostly to limber myself and prepare myself for the weights.

keima
03-04-2003, 06:38 AM
I lift three time a week. Mondays I do chest and triceps. Wednesdays I do legs. Fridays I do back and biceps. Tuesdays and Thurdays I run a mile and jog flights of stairs for my cardio. Oxygen and FitnessRX are women's fitness magazines. They usually have good information and sometimes they even have example workout routines.

Get your workout on ladies! :wink: