PDA

View Full Version : DON"T kill the messenger. I need help w/ my Aunts hair

Shan
04-24-2003, 11:31 PM
Yes she has a texturizer and color. I haven't been able to convince her to let it go. I have 10 long days w/ her coming up in May so maybe she'll let me play w/ it. ANYWAY. Here is her dilemma.

She is looking for a moisturizer that won't weigh her hair down and will give her curls a boost. I'm not sure what hair type she is. She says it is nappy and not like mine or my mothers My hair is about a 3b. I think my Moms is too, but our textures are different. If she is having a good hair day, I'll post a pic tonite.

I know this is vague, but any suggestions, besides getting rid of the texturizer? I'm trying y'all I really am. It took me YEARS to finally get my mom to go natural. :lol: She LOVES it by the way. She has NO plans on going back to any chemicals (well she colors too).

NappilyEverAfter
04-25-2003, 04:10 AM
Try Shea Butter, Castor Oil or Soft and Beautiful Botanical's Lite Cream Mosturizer.

Shan
04-25-2003, 05:30 PM
thank you.

asj5870
04-26-2003, 12:50 AM
STA-SOF-FRO
S CURL
CARE FREE CURLS

jmnappy
04-29-2003, 06:37 PM
Carol's Daughter healthy hair butter

www.carolsdaughter.com

sillygirl
04-29-2003, 06:41 PM
STA-SOF-FRO
S CURL
CARE FREE CURLS

Somebody here is a mind reader :D

interplanetjanet
04-29-2003, 07:48 PM
I don't have any suggestions for products but I ask that why can't you just accept that your aunt likes to have the texurizer in her hair. Nothing is wrong with it. If it is not damaging her hair then it works for her, let her be.

You wear your hair natural because it works for you. Others will relax their hair cause it works for them. I just don't get people on this board sometimes. :roll:

asj5870
04-30-2003, 12:42 AM
I don't have any suggestions for products but I ask that why can't you just accept that your aunt likes to have the texurizer in her hair. Nothing is wrong with it. If it is not damaging her hair then it works for her, let her be.

You wear your hair natural because it works for you. Others will relax their hair cause it works for them. I just don't get people on this board sometimes. :roll:

There is nothing wrong with her or anybody else telling others in a nice loving way about what chemicals do. I wish someone had talked to me about it years ago to help me go natural. Once you tell someone and they are not down then leave it be but its nothing wrong to spread the Good News about becoming NApptural or talking to someone about it. The lady who started this thread talked to her aunt about it and she didn't jump on her...she is even asking help for her aunt problem..so once she get the info about combating dryness and the aunt sees her new growth and sees what the moisturizers can do maybe then her aunt will then change her mind due to her niece's good advice. I think her approach was a good loving one...even though the lady has a texturizer her niece is still helping her...GOOD DEED..... INDEED :pumpheart:

~Napptural~