PDA

View Full Version : Heat or no heat?

GoinNatty2ndGoRound
08-04-2010, 01:17 PM
Hello ladies! I have a question that has so many answers and I'd love to see every one's opinions:

Heat or no heat? I gently blow dry my hair every 2-3 weeks to lengthen it prior to styling. I haven't had any problems pertaining to hair damage or change in hair texture but what do you think?

Also, I'm thinking about using the "instyler" heat product which is a combo of a flat iron that spins and a brush instead of blow drying. Ideas? Opinions?

Cutie McPretty
08-04-2010, 01:25 PM
Hey there }). Discussions on using flat irons and hot combs are not encouraged on the forum.

http://www.nappturality.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53

nickib
08-04-2010, 01:29 PM
You will msot likely not find anyone posting about the positives of heat styling because of thier experiences with it and because of this part of NP's policy:

Post which discuss how to change your hair's texture or straighten it will be deleted

If the only reason you use heat is to legnthen before styling, consider alternative stretching styles. THese include braiding or twisting your hair overnight ot stretch it or Banding it. Look up these techniques on youtube for tutorials.

Hope that helps!

cocoacurly
08-04-2010, 01:40 PM
I'd suggest twisting to stretch..
*southern accent*
I reckon Fire Irons are frowned upon around these parts
*spits out chewing gum* ;)

GoinNatty2ndGoRound
08-04-2010, 01:45 PM
Thank you every one! Very much appreciated!

deecoily
08-04-2010, 01:49 PM
Yes, if you want to keep your natural texture, avoid heat. Warm is OK. My rule of thumb is if it is hot on your skin it is too hot for a hair appliance.

There are better ways to stretch out your hair without heat, and you will still be able to rock the fro when you're done 8)

Oh, and the Instyler is the debbil.