PDA

View Full Version : Protective Styling..

Suzi_Q
08-06-2010, 03:10 PM
I'm starting to get a little lazy with waking up having to spend time fluffing and pulling on my hair for it to only look a mess thanks to the humidity in my area. So I'm about to just twist my hair on up..

How long to you ladies keep your styles in? I planned on just leaving it in for a week or two, doing a good wash and twisting back on up. I'm trying to retain length but not sure if that's long enough time..

Maat
08-06-2010, 03:19 PM
I leave mine in for about 3-5 days, its hard for me to keep them in for a week or more, because my hair loosens up the twists quickly and it gets fuzzy. plus I like wearing my hair out...so it gets tempting to take them down..after a day or so

cocoacurly
08-06-2010, 03:23 PM
A week as the min. Two weeks tops.
I'd like to be able to do a style that would last a little longer

Brownskindiva
08-06-2010, 03:47 PM
I always leave mine in for a week

Suzi_Q
08-06-2010, 04:20 PM
Yea see I heard of ppl keeping theirs in longer, I can if my hair is braided but I kind of fear for my hairline getting jacked up so that's not an option.. A week or two I can do if my hair doesn't unravel or if I get sweaty.. and that's hard..

cocoacurly
08-06-2010, 04:24 PM
Have you ever done box braids?

Suzi_Q
08-06-2010, 04:32 PM
I've had them before with extensions but not on my hair, I have kind of thin hair and I hate that scalpy look. I was going to do some flat twists on the side and throw in some chunky two strands for the half mohawk look.. I like fuller hairstyles cause my head is humongous lol..

Ms-gg
08-07-2010, 12:48 AM
on average, 2-3 weeks

misunderstood
08-07-2010, 01:51 AM
Everyone is different. I leave my braids in for two weeks than take them down wash. My hair and braid them right back up...my hair gets fuzzy really quick also, so I like wearing wigs to cover up the do underneath....I like wearing my braida for a month also, I get a lot of new growth...love it....but now that I'm all natural my braids are lot fuzzier quicker..it also depends on the braids, cornrows-two weeks, microbraids-thirty dayz.

Damica78
08-07-2010, 02:26 PM
I leave my twists in for 3 weeks or so. I no poo while twists are in. When my hair is fuzzy after I wash I roll my hair up in rollers to give it a curler look and it looks fine. I love it. Right now I'm a little lazy with my hair. I have it in Bantu knots until I twist it up again.

GalaxyGirl2012
08-07-2010, 07:09 PM
boxed braids as long as 6 weeks. i dont recommend that 3 weeks is my new max because anything after that my roots start interlace because i cowash daily

reec100
08-11-2010, 02:15 PM
Hey Inked Nerd, I hope you can make it this Friday, I'm doing the dinner only. My experience is 2-3 weeks. I have that fine thin hair as well and it fuzzes after a couple of days but I have learned to style it with the fuzz. I may throw a head band on or pin it up in some sections.
I called myself doing the box braid challenge and it didn't turn out good. I have them in now and I don't like it at all but it took 5 hours to do so they will be in until next weekned. You should be able to leave your twists etc.. in for two weeks and just work with it you can really come up with some cute styles, I can't wait to put my twists back in.

cocoacurly
08-11-2010, 02:23 PM
i put box braids in on the 7th..wanna take em out on the 28th
i do want to co-wash with them, i just need a method that wont make my hair look too crazy >.<

reec100
08-11-2010, 03:35 PM
I do plan to co-wash my box braids tonight, I co-washed for the first time last week with twists, I know if I can do it with twists then I can do it with the box braids. One of the ladies told me to wet the hair and put the conditioner on the hair and just and massage the hair not the scalp. It worked well with the twists so we will see with the box braids.