PDA

View Full Version : Why do you have to clarify before getting locs?

Butterfly Rose
08-10-2010, 07:30 PM
bump (O_O)

Himmy
08-10-2010, 07:34 PM
You don't. I didn't. However, you should probably wash your hair, so that your hair can start off clean. Some say clarifying helps remove all the oils and build up that may be adhering to your hair, which allows for better locking. *shrugging shoulders* I think what you do to your hair during the process is just as important, if not more important. Just make sure your hair is clean and you should be fine.

Claire76
08-10-2010, 07:38 PM
Yet another nappy memo that I missed.

I didn't clarify my hair before I started my locs. I can't even recall if I washed it that day. I just remember taking a paperclip and getting busy.

dayna
08-10-2010, 07:39 PM
I've never heard of this before. You don't have to clarify, but like Himmy said (hair's looking good, girl) it's never bad to start with clean hair. Regular shampoo is fine, but if you want to clarify, as long as you don't have dryness issues, that should be fine, too. *shrugs*

dayna
08-10-2010, 07:40 PM
Yet another nappy memo that I missed.

I didn't clarify my hair before I started my locs. I can't even recall if I washed it that day. I just remember taking a paperclip and getting busy.
Lol! See, there are no hard and fast rules! LOL.

Himmy
08-10-2010, 07:43 PM
I've never heard of this before. You don't have to clarify, but like Himmy said (hair's looking good, girl) it's never bad to start with clean hair. Regular shampoo is fine, but if you want to clarify, as long as you don't have dryness issues, that should be fine, too. *shrugs*

*Blushing* Thank you. It still seems strange to hear that. :D

Butterfly Rose
08-10-2010, 08:00 PM
Thanks you all