PDA

View Full Version : Shampoo Suggestions for dyed locs

msyu4reeyah
08-16-2010, 07:59 PM
I just dyed my locs a copper color. Unfortunately, the color didn't take like I expected. Anyway, I know with permanent color you have to be very adamant about keeping the hair moisturized/conditioned.

I put a hot oil treatment in my hair but I also need to know of some good brands to use in order to keep my hair healthy/moisturized.

Any suggestions? I also have the Pantene specifically for our hair. What else should I do/use?

BeautifulFlow
08-16-2010, 11:27 PM
congrats on the dye! lol, I haven't been brave enough yet. I'm not sure, but I know I've seen a post or two on this...I'll search and see. :O)

~GAN~
08-17-2010, 01:28 AM
One that you could try is Yes to Cucumbers (http://www.target.com/Yes-Cucumbers-Daily-Makeover-Shampoo/dp/B0029MRXDO/ref=br_1_10?ie=UTF8&id=Yes%20Cucumbers%20Daily%20Makeover%20Shampoo&node=2056637011&searchSize=30&searchView=grid5&searchPage=1&sr=1-10&qid=1282008464&rh=&searchBinNameList=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_ primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&searchRank=pmrank&frombrowse=1) shampoo and condish (http://www.target.com/Yes-Cucumbers-Daily-Makeover-Conditioner/dp/B0029MMD3Y/ref=br_1_13?ie=UTF8&id=Yes%20Cucumbers%20Daily%20Makeover%20Conditione r&node=2056637011&searchSize=30&searchView=grid5&searchPage=1&sr=1-13&qid=1282008464&rh=&searchBinNameList=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_ primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&searchRank=pmrank&frombrowse=1). It says its for color treated hair. It is also 99.6% natural. So far, I really like it. Its moisturizing and keeps my hair soft. I don't have color treated hair so I'm not sure how it will do in that area. I've also used it on my son's locs and it seems to work well for both of us. Not saying it will work for everyone, but its worth a try. You can find it at Target, CVS, Walgreens, and a bunch of other stores. Hope that helps! :)

toirichardson
08-17-2010, 01:55 AM
I Use redken color extend shampoo and conditioner. Pricey but works great! My color lasts longer and my locs are moisturized. My locs are copper red also.

msyu4reeyah
08-17-2010, 02:05 PM
Thanks ladies! I will look into both of these.
@Toiri: which brand did you use to color your hair? I used Loreal Excellence HiLights with the 20 volume developer. I did not use a dryer but I did let it process for 30 minutes but the color still didn't take. I want to try again in about 6-8 weeks because I want to make sure my hair is in better condition than it is now and don't want to damage my hair. I may take longer.

toirichardson
08-17-2010, 10:37 PM
Thanks ladies! I will look into both of these.
@Toiri: which brand did you use to color your hair? I used Loreal Excellence HiLights with the 20 volume developer. I did not use a dryer but I did let it process for 30 minutes but the color still didn't take. I want to try again in about 6-8 weeks because I want to make sure my hair is in better condition than it is now and don't want to damage my hair. I may take longer.
I Used loreal excellence hi color for dark hair and I used a 30 volume developer. The 30 should lift your hair the way you want it too. If you look at my fotki, you can see how it lifted my locs. HTH!

msyu4reeyah
08-18-2010, 01:50 PM
I Used loreal excellence hi color for dark hair and I used a 30 volume developer. The 30 should lift your hair the way you want it too. If you look at my fotki, you can see how it lifted my locs. HTH!

Thank you! I started to get both of those items but I changed my mind. I will know next time. How often do you have to re-do the color in your hair? I only did the tips of my locs. I plan on waiting about two months before I attempt to try it again. Is that a good timeline?

toirichardson
08-18-2010, 10:30 PM
I Have to color my hair about every 6 weeks. The only pain in it is that red fades fast. When I color, I do my roots with the 30 volume and the rest of my locs with a 10 volume developer. I don't want to over process my locs. 2 months is a good amount of time to wait. Good luck with everything!