PDA

View Full Version : Alright, need some advice

JaeFuma
08-21-2010, 05:37 PM
This is going into the pile of stupid crap threads, but it's been bugging me for awhile, so I'm just getting it over with.

Are my edges "bad?" For awhile, they were thinning, so I stopped perming, blah, blah, blah, but now I'm not sure what's going on with them. I know you're probably thinking, "well, do they look bad?" but I've been looking at them for almost a month now and I'm not sure if it's headbands, or if my hair line just looks naturally busted. To be honest, I've never even noticed hair being that far on my head in the first place. I've never had pimples close to my hair line before so either the pimples are migrating, hair line is moving (is the possible?) or I'm just oblivious and I'm losing my hair.

Pictures of the right and left:

http://i38.tinypic.com/nz2dxe.jpg
http://i36.tinypic.com/5ze6u8.jpg

Help is cherished. <3

chachadiva
08-21-2010, 06:02 PM
They don't look bad. I don't have anything to compare them to to see if your hairline is moving. Some people just have irregular hairlines. Plus, you've lost a lot of weight. Your body could be adjusting to its new composition. Do a search on weight loss, hormones, and the effects on hair.

I think if you give them some TLC for a while, you'll be okay.

NiceNapLady
08-21-2010, 06:16 PM
FYI...If you wear headbands alot..make sure that they are not too tight on your head...the tightness from wearing a headband, (by pulling the hair back) can lead to breakage and thinning around the edges of your hairline.

I know my hair & edges are doing much better since I limited the usage of hairbands.

Intellexual
08-21-2010, 06:20 PM
Those are great pictures. Baby your hairline and update those angled photos every three months. As noted, we have nothing to compare these to. The areas look fully populated with follicles, from what I can see. Until we see how that goes and what you do for about three-six months, I'd say you're still winning and should maintain toward continued growth of those strands. Don't stress them, literally and/or figuratively. Your nails look great too, btw.

NiceNapLady
08-21-2010, 06:22 PM
Oh I forgot to say...I take pre-natal vitamins (not for pregnancy) but to assist with my Natural Deficiencies and my hair seems to be benefiting from this as well.

KellyVonn
08-21-2010, 06:47 PM
They don't look bad at all sis. I don't see any spots or anything. Keep them oiled with whatever oils you use.

JaeFuma
08-21-2010, 06:48 PM
Thanks for all the advice (sorry for lack of comparison pictures). Just needed some outsiders' opinion. :) Will go about the babying of edges and just see how it goes. (And researching hormones. :0 )

c2shair
08-21-2010, 06:53 PM
It may be that hair is growing back to where it was Lost from chemicals or braids. So baby your hair line but it might not be all bad. I thought I was losing hair and it ended up being new growth.

chocolynne
08-21-2010, 07:58 PM
If you're noticing some changes and know that you've been doing something different like wearing a lot of headbands, then it might be a good idea to give up the headbands for a while. Sometimes the simplest things can make such a difference...

Muzikal203
08-21-2010, 09:45 PM
I was having that problem, lately I've been twisting or braiding the front to keep me from pushing it back with a headband. I also hear Castor Oil is good for fixing edges.

GalaxyGirl2012
08-21-2010, 09:45 PM
i agree with chacha about the weight loss (congrats on that by the way :D ) give it time and your body will acclimate.

it might also be the headbands. i'd say try not using the headbands for a month and see how it looks.

straightnochaser
08-23-2010, 02:24 PM
Castor Oil is good for fixing edges.

KnottyAuthor
08-23-2010, 02:35 PM
B/f I decided to lock, mine were doing this. I did the mother of all protective styles and locked it down. It's really important to implement styles that do NOT stress and pull on the edges. Let them be, spritz with aloevera juice spiked with rosemary and sage to stimulate follicular regeneration. It works wonders.

knt1229
08-24-2010, 06:05 AM
To me it looks like your edges are growing back after having been broken off. Your edges don't look bad. They looked filled in and look like they are growing back nicely.