PDA

View Full Version : Regular Conditioner

exiecrispwater
09-07-2010, 09:24 PM
So I am using a regular conditioner as a leave-in. I wash it out every night then reapply it in the shower. Is this bad?

SweetAmbrosia
09-07-2010, 10:23 PM
If it's working for you and your hair then it's not bad. If anytime you notice that your hair is reacting differently in a not so good way you can stop using it as a leave-in.

Fronomenal
09-07-2010, 10:46 PM
No. I really don't believe there is much of a difference between regular conditioners and leave-in conditioner. I think it's a conspiracy to get us to buy more products. Haha
I used Suave Almond and Shea Butter Conditioner as a leave in with olive oil and it worked quite nicely. My braid out was fluffy and well-defined. Do what works for you.

Krystle~Hime
09-07-2010, 11:35 PM
There is only ONE difference between a rinse out condish and leave in condish : the rinse out contains chloride. but not the leavein one.
I do care, but it seems and I know lots of people don't.
for me chloride can dry out hair if it's not rinse out. but as Fronomenal & SweetAmbrosia has said : do what works for you.

coilycurly
09-08-2010, 11:55 AM
As long as you are up on your ingredients and pick your rinse out conditioner sensibly, you should be okay.

I avoid:
salt (sodium chloride - a cheap thickener, but will dry out your hair)
conditioners with strong fragrances (I'm sensitive and walking around all day with strong perfume is a no)
conditioners with certain preservatives that irritate my scalp

DeeLite
09-08-2010, 03:43 PM
I do this on a regular basis. My conditioner (that I co-wash with) is my favorite leave-in. It leaves my hair soft and smelling extra nice. I also use the conditioner in my spritz. Note: I wash with a sulfate shampoo on occasion to help rid my hair of any resulting build up.

dessertfirst
09-08-2010, 04:23 PM
I won't leave a conditioner with cones and parabens in my hair. I don't like the build up and false feeling of moisture. However my natural conditioners definitely double as a styling product.

exiecrispwater
09-08-2010, 06:06 PM
Thank You Ladies. I will be shampooing every weekend.