PDA

View Full Version : Prblem with flyaways

MissNuNatural
09-13-2010, 01:40 AM
The more my hair i grows I can notice that it's going through some changes. I've started having serious problem with flyways, looks like straight ends. Why is this how can I fix. I appreciate any comments.

DeeLite
09-13-2010, 11:59 AM
Are you currently transitioning? Sounds like relaxed ends. Incorporate them into your styles - twist outs, bantu knot outs, etc. - with some gel (if your hair tolerates gels).

MissNuNatural
09-13-2010, 12:30 PM
not I'm completey natural since June now. And I've had trims since then So I hope the relaxer is gone, maybe not though.

Bohemiannappster2010
09-13-2010, 03:05 PM
my sister did her BC in april and she still has to go the barber occasionally to have him trim off some relaxed ends that become more visible as her hir grows out...so maybe thats it.

NiceNapLady
09-13-2010, 03:33 PM
Since the flyaway hairs are straight, it sounds like leftover relaxed ends to me as well. If it were me, I would have them clipped off. Many Blessings

maybejd
09-13-2010, 04:07 PM
Although the flyaways could very likely be relaxed strands, if you're absolutely sure that you've gotten them all, you just may have some straightish strands here and there. I'm 5 years natural and although most of my hair makes very tight coils, here and there I find wavy strands. A lot of them are much shorter than the coily hair, which makes me think they're particularly fragile and have been breaking all these years. So be gentle!

LBellatrix
09-13-2010, 09:34 PM
Not only do I still have some straight strands, some of them have decided to group together and form this weird little cowlick thing on the left side of my head. Considering that I have a TWA that, when shrunken, forms lots of small tight coils, you can see how this might look a little odd. :huh:

Welcome to la vida naturale...

Claire76
09-13-2010, 09:40 PM
Although the flyaways could very likely be relaxed strands, if you're absolutely sure that you've gotten them all, you just may have some straightish strands here and there. I'm 5 years natural and although most of my hair makes very tight coils, here and there I find wavy strands. A lot of them are much shorter than the coily hair, which makes me think they're particularly fragile and have been breaking all these years. So be gentle!

Exactly. It can be perfectly normal to have different textures of hair on your head.

MissNuNatural
09-14-2010, 12:31 AM
Thanks for the comments everyone I'll keep getting trims and see what happens. If that doesn't work I guess I just have to deal with the fact that i have straight ends.

BLUELOCS
09-14-2010, 05:58 AM
What are you doing to your hair on a regular basis? Are you banding it or putting any heat on it? Sometimes alot of tension in the same areas will cause this.

eesha
09-14-2010, 06:05 AM
I have exactly the same problem. I have my hair in a shrunken fro and was just thinking about what to do with all these flyaways just this morning. I did a bc last october and I'm actually thinking that I'll give myself a little trim this october and cut them off.

MissNuNatural
09-14-2010, 12:25 PM
@ I love. I don't use any heat on my hair or band. I normally just where a fro. I was pickin my hair everyday which I just stopped because I it was pulling and breaking my hair.

MissNuNatural
09-14-2010, 12:28 PM
@ Eesha. I had the same problem after I did my big chop, when I got home the same day I had my boyfriend cutting of stray hairs. And the Longer my hair gets the crazier it starts looking. Funny thing is it seems no one thinks its as big of a deal as i do.