View Full Version : Usher Crossing Over?

Beawollyful
06-14-2004, 05:54 PM
Is it just me or have you all noticed that Usher has a girl in in video of a different decent other than himself. I use to love Usher way back in the day when no one really knew who he was and his first CD came out. Well at least mainstream America didn't. Now he has left the sistas' out of his video. I know he might not have total control of who is in his video but this is going way too far. I believe the woman is Hispanic. I'm not knocking Hispanic woman because they have their struggles too, I just wanted to see at least one sista in his video since he is black himself. BAD EXAMPLE....... :fight and a SLAP IN THE FACE TO ALL BEAUTIFUL BLACK WOMAN.

morena23
06-28-2004, 07:41 PM
I'm just glad it was a woman, and not a man........
Also, why does it matter what color the woman was? It's his video, any way it goes, HE'S the one that's going to get all the money.

neveah
06-28-2004, 09:16 PM
I really don't care because I'm not very fond of Usher anyway. He's mediocre. The white/hispanic women can have his ugly, cheating behind.

morena23
06-28-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by neveah@Jun 28 2004, 01:16 PM
I really don't care because I'm not very fond of Usher anyway. He's mediocre. The white/hispanic women can have his ugly, cheating behind.
LOL............... :app

MsShel330
07-18-2004, 10:35 PM
I thought that the woman in his video was a light skinned Black woman.

Whatever, it's a video not a documentary. Why be angry over the choices of someone you don't know and probably never will?

NLight1
07-19-2004, 11:01 PM
What does who Usher chooses to have in his video have to do with spirituality?????

Topic probably better suited for the other life topics in the music room

Niya
07-19-2004, 11:09 PM
i don't care if he marries a man white woman, let alone puts them in his videos. If that's his preference, who am i to tell him differently? As long as he isn't limiting himself to one race based on a silly stereotype.

SavageGurl
07-20-2004, 07:37 PM
Its his decision to do whatever he wants. He has represented every shade and race in all his videos, almost like he makes an effort to do so.

Hes had Asian, white, hispanic and MOSTLY DARK-SKINNED BLACK women in his videos.

Being that your a longtime fan, you must have noticed that. You also must have noticed that his real-life choices have also predominantly been dark-skinned black women.

BTW, are you sure of his ethnicity? He could and most likely does have various bloodties. So who is truly of a different decent? Aren't we all from the same original parents?

Nattalyie
07-21-2004, 10:43 AM
l don't think it matters at all.