PDA

View Full Version : Friday Nights

Savvyone
10-29-2010, 07:35 PM
In my 20s and occasionally in my 30s it used to be, go home hit the shower, pretty it up and hit the town and be lucky if I get home before sunrise!:-))

Now all I wanna do is take a hot bath, put on some snuggly pajamas (it's a freeze warning tonite) and sip some hot peppermint tea and watch a couple Hitchcock flicks....what a difference a couple decades make!:-))

swingbolder
10-30-2010, 04:15 PM
Yup, me and my friends, we didn't even leave the house until around 11pm or so. . . then we'd be out all thru the wee hours, and finish up the evening by getting breakfast at some all-night spot around 5am, then make it home with the sunrise.

I had a blast in those days, but you couldn't pay me to keep those hours now (which is one reason I got out of the music biz, actually).

Free2b
10-30-2010, 04:21 PM
Now all I wanna do is take a hot bath, put on some snuggly pajamas (it's a freeze warning tonite) and sip some hot peppermint tea and watch a couple Hitchcock flicks....what a difference a couple decades make!

Sounds like a perfect Friday!

Occasionally, if something really HOT is going on... I'm down to hang for a couple hours... but I'm home by midnight (and probably in bed :-))). What's messed up is I'm good on Saturday nights, but unless I have a date :huh:, there doesn't seem to be as much going on as on Friday nights?

lin19lyn
10-30-2010, 04:25 PM
In my 30's, I was newly divorced and living with my bf and Wed. nite was the shizit on the Westside of Chgo. Routine: get kids settled after school, get dolled up with new outfit, do hair, drive from 'burbs to city, drink and dance all night, sometimes! have a designated driver and get home, then maybe get 2 hrs sleep before work the next day! We were tired but yeah it was fun!!!

twix36
10-30-2010, 04:43 PM
My Friday nights have pretty much always been stay at home. )8-|

GalaxyGirl2012
10-30-2010, 05:06 PM
i'll be 40 in a few months. my fridays will almost always be about going out after work either to a friends house for a mini party, happy hour, dates, dancing, etc
playtime is always going to be a part of existence even when i'm 8o. especially since i can't do much of goofing off mon-thurs since i have to be up the next day for work.

Taqwa
10-31-2010, 02:45 AM
I am with you on that!

Blackbreezey
10-31-2010, 03:09 AM
Amen @savvyone!!

Peaches
10-31-2010, 04:25 AM
Friday nights are usually martini, sandwich, and movie night with the girls. I still do this with my friends because we all need to get together and vent. We do limit it to maybe once or twice a month though. On the off Fridays, I'm at home in my PJs.

Vabap6
10-31-2010, 11:44 PM
My Friday nights have pretty much always been stay at home. )8-|

Staying at home has been my Friday nights routine too. I had my first son pretty young. Once I became a mother, all I wanted to do was be home with him...

clover
11-01-2010, 07:57 PM
Back in the day my Friday nights consisted of hanging out after work at a hot spot in NYC's village. We'd have a few drinks and dance till around 4 am, then head home on the subway. We lived for Friday's and Saturday nights we'd continue the madness. Funny thing is my younger cousin dj's at a club and he keeps inviting me & the hubster to come out on Thurs & Friday's when he's playing. I really want to show my support but I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I went out to a club now.:o I'd surely feel out of place.

Naturally70s
11-06-2010, 12:50 AM
drink and dance all night, and get home, then maybe get 2 hrs sleep before work the next day! We were tired but yeah it was fun!!!

This was me and my girls back in the day. But today is a different story:-)). It Friday night and only 9pm, I'm already in my pj's, sipping tea and lurking around NP(:-). Got to love it.

Khalliqa
11-06-2010, 01:09 AM
In my 20s up until my very early thirties.. Friday nights meant taking care of the children.. and an outing was going to the movies by myself....or the rare outing with my ex... In my late early 30's Friday nights meant going to the Mosque.. I was there almost every Friday.. and when I wasn't there.. I was courting.. In my mid thirties Friday nights meant sleeping before the mad weekend hit for the children's activites.. In my late thirties.. as of one month ago..Friday nights mean that I'm on NP at 9PM and getting very sleepy before my eldest calls to pick him up from the game..

night.. night.. lol

I've never been into drinking and clubbing/partying.. I did that for one week as a freshman and just wasn't feeling it.. It never made sense to me.. but all of my friends loved it.. I was just never into that lifestyle... I guess I was destined to be a homebody..

Wait.. during my early to mid thirties.. I was heavily into bellydancing.. and was invited to a troupe.. but had to stop when I had knee surgery.. which landed me on the net..:-/

Veviticus
11-06-2010, 01:13 AM
Friday nights I'm usually on NP...Hey yaaa'lll!!!!

Msretta
11-06-2010, 02:12 AM
@Vevictus....thats an older photo yes? please say yes...

20's and 30's used to go to clubs, then started having a family/friends party every weekend...then just stopped..Now? dont understand clubs anymore, they seem to have changed..now it's the net or watching movies when the grands come over. Although an occasional movie or concert is nice...sigh..homebody huh?

sissimpson
11-06-2010, 02:58 AM
Friday night????CHURCH NIGHT!

Peaches
11-06-2010, 03:19 AM
We were going to the movies but we both got tired and decided to call it a night. I'll try it again tomorrow..

Veviticus
11-06-2010, 02:49 PM
@Vevictus....thats an older photo yes? please say yes...

20's and 30's used to go to clubs, then started having a family/friends party every weekend...then just stopped..Now? dont understand clubs anymore, they seem to have changed..now it's the net or watching movies when the grands come over. Although an occasional movie or concert is nice...sigh..homebody huh?

HAHAHA!!! Yes it is an older (much older) photo of me when I first started my locks. There is a post asking how long our hair was when we first started our locks, so I put that picture up to give the op an idea of where I started from.

I don't think that I will EVER cut or take down my locks. Thanks Msretta, you made my day. HUGS!!!

Savvyone
11-06-2010, 10:20 PM
Friday night????CHURCH NIGHT!

YES! But it's so hard to find stomp down friday night services anymore, it kept us young folk who would typically be club hopping in the right place, man I miss those days!

The only way I go to a club now is if it's somebody's birthday, :-))the crowds, the smoke and music is just unrelatable to me. Shoot, even if it's an oldies but goodies club with the old women wearing spandex and halter tops and the old men in either sports wear or their Sunday Deacon suit :D it's just uuggggghhh...kinda like the "old train" episode of In Living Color...just STOP!:p

Msretta
11-06-2010, 10:36 PM
@Veviticus...first let me apologize for the misspell! I thought 'oh, no' they got her with all the 'I'm taking my locs out'! glad to hear that isnt so!!!
((hugs)) to you!

@Savvyone..LOL at the description of the oldies but goodies club...!!!

Naturally70s
12-11-2010, 02:01 AM
It's Friday night. Anyone out and about and in the party/socializing mode since it "Tis the season to be jolly"? Christmas eve and New Years eve will be on a Friday. Anyone have special plans? If you do and you live in NYC, hit me up, I want to come!:-))

Soul Rebel
12-11-2010, 04:47 AM
i'll be 40 in a few months. my fridays will almost always be about going out after work either to a friends house for a mini party, happy hour, dates, dancing, etc
playtime is always going to be a part of existence even when i'm 8o. especially since i can't do much of goofing off mon-thurs since i have to be up the next day for work.

It depends on my erratic freelancer work schedule but for the most part - Yep - I'm still a 24-hour Party Person. I've grown up in club culture and I'm still a very active participant. I was out last night, I'll be out again tomorrow night. Didn't go dancing tonight but I did go to dinner... I guess I've slowed down in the sense of back in the day on a Friday night I'd have two Saturday nights them come home and start over again... ;)

sonance
12-15-2010, 07:27 PM
Me and my girlfriends used to love to hit the clubs for happy hour on Friday nights in my 20's and I was married in my 30's so I didn't do that too often. Now, I'm so darned tired by Friday that on Friday night the kids eat whatever, and I find my butt sleep before it's dark out!

Sad, I know. LOL...

Denny
12-16-2010, 12:07 PM
Saturday nights was my going out night back in my 20's and 30's ..I refused to be home early on Saturday nights. I would probably still have that attitude if I still had a car, now I can take it or leave it.... however I still stay up late till morning lol

NaturalDiva03
12-16-2010, 12:20 PM
Well................ I'm still in my 20's married with a child but before all that when I was stationed in Germany Thursday's through Sunday were our party nights. I remember one Thursday night my friends and I went to this club called the Check In we had so much fun but come Friday morning we had to be at PT at 0600 we didn't get in till 0500 so you can imagine how my day went...