PDA

View Full Version : Dying Aloe Plant

Inspired
04-28-2003, 02:52 PM
I have a dying aloe plant in my house. I was wondering if I could use the aloe as a moisturizer for my hair or skin. Has anyone experimented with aloe and what did you make and how did you make it? I would hate to just throw the aloe away?

AKAHLF
04-28-2003, 10:59 PM
Don't throw it away...Try scooping out the aloe and using it on your face as a moisturizer and to smooth your hairline. I've used it for twists, but it did nothing for me. I like it better as a facial moisturizer. Or you could give a stem or two away to friends if it's on its last legs.

HTH

candigirl
05-01-2003, 11:24 PM
I was just thinking of getting an aloe plant,
Inspired, did you purchase the plant or did you grow it from seeds? I don't have much of a green thumb, but I really like aloe, and thought it would be best to have a plant.

Nubiyan
05-02-2003, 12:19 AM
Just a tip:

If you have a green thumb, you can 'root' the plant-- essentially replant a
stem of the plant and it will take root.

Remember, aloe plants don't like a lot of water. Their roots will get water logged. So, if you've been watering it a lot, cut back and let it dry out some. That may help it.

AKAHLF
05-03-2003, 02:52 PM
Remember, aloe plants don't like a lot of water. Their roots will get water logged. So, if you've been watering it a lot, cut back and let it dry out some. That may help it.

Thanks for the tip!!!!