PDA

View Full Version : How often can you wash sisterlocks?

TougherThanNigerianHair
12-04-2010, 09:58 PM
So my graduation present is going to be sisterlocks, and I was wondering how often can you wash your hair with them in. Like could you wash your locs every day?

Thanks!

chachadiva
12-04-2010, 10:12 PM
Depends on your hair type. I would say to let your locks settle for a couple of months until you are past the possibility of slippage. Once you're past that stage, wash all you want. In the beginning, you probably want to wash weekly.

Kathleen1
12-04-2010, 11:16 PM
i thought sisterlocks involved the latching method on really tiny sections of hair. so wouldn't that mean that you could start washing literally the next day? i thought that that was what all latching was meant for, big or small, to give you more washing freedom, like braids.

chachadiva
12-04-2010, 11:20 PM
i thought sisterlocks involved the latching method on really tiny sections of hair. so wouldn't that mean that you could start washing literally the next day? i thought that that was what all latching was meant for, big or small, to give you more washing freedom, like braids.

Yes, I washed within 24 hours. But I didn't wash everyday. I washed weekly.

Some people's texture is real loose and can come out of new SLs/interlocks. That's why it's best to make sure one is past having slippage issues. If you don't have any issues, then wash all you want.

Kathleen1
12-04-2010, 11:30 PM
ooohhhhhhhhh

cool ;)

netta1
12-05-2010, 05:48 AM
When I first loced I washed once every 2 weeks, now I was when I feel like it.

I always band when I wash...as my locs are still quite young.

Denny
12-05-2010, 10:20 AM
In the early stages I washed every two weeks,whenever i did weekly sessions I had a lot of slippage. After five years I can wash daily if I wanted to.

TougherThanNigerianHair
12-10-2010, 03:45 AM
Thanks everyone!