PDA

View Full Version : 10 day old TST loc'er needs some loc buddy luv:)

ebone33
12-19-2010, 05:07 AM
So, I've been natural since 1994 and on my second try at locs. The first just didn't feel right because the loctician I chose used hair products that weren't natural. I tried it, but my scalp itched sooo bad I had to change. There is a woman who did my hair and seemed to know just what would work when I was TSTing on a regular basis. When the idea to loc it up first hit me, I thought of her but she was out of town. I should have waited.

Anyway, she restarted my locs 10 days ago. She makes her own spritz and shampoo which work wonderful. I did wash them today. And of course, the top started unraveling which is to expected, even more so because that portion of my hair is a straighter texture.

I just got lots of questions ya'll. And can be a bit obsessive about my interests which is locs right now!!! I plan to interlock but have decided to wait 2 months. (!!!!!) Now that I've washed my hair, I don't know folks. But I'm gonna try. My loctician said I should too.

I need all the help I can get...

chachadiva
12-19-2010, 04:28 PM
You have a site of lock buddies.

If you have significant unraveling, you make want to get those locks reestablished before you go on your 2 month break.

ebone33
12-19-2010, 06:44 PM
You have a site of lock buddies.

If you have significant unraveling, you make want to get those locks reestablished before you go on your 2 month break.

Thank you for that :) I do feel that. I don't know what took me so long to join.

For real? I don't have a problem doing that, but if they are starting to mat at the ends, would it be like starting over? What can I do to avoid this or to make them stay longer? I tie my hair up in a satin bonnet and spritz daily. I don't use any other product though and they weren't created with product.

Any suggestions?

Sisterlock QUTIE
12-21-2010, 06:55 PM
What about trying sisterlocks?

So, I've been natural since 1994 and on my second try at locs. The first just didn't feel right because the loctician I chose used hair products that weren't natural. I tried it, but my scalp itched sooo bad I had to change. There is a woman who did my hair and seemed to know just what would work when I was TSTing on a regular basis. When the idea to loc it up first hit me, I thought of her but she was out of town. I should have waited.

Anyway, she restarted my locs 10 days ago. She makes her own spritz and shampoo which work wonderful. I did wash them today. And of course, the top started unraveling which is to expected, even more so because that portion of my hair is a straighter texture.

I just got lots of questions ya'll. And can be a bit obsessive about my interests which is locs right now!!! I plan to interlock but have decided to wait 2 months. (!!!!!) Now that I've washed my hair, I don't know folks. But I'm gonna try. My loctician said I should too.

I need all the help I can get...