PDA

View Full Version : Rinsing locs in the morning or night

Locks$Naps26!
12-23-2010, 06:30 PM
Greetings!

I'm curious whether or not anyone prefers to rinse their locs in the morning vs at night? I've noticed that if I rinse at night and tie my hair up by the time I wake up my hair is matted to my head. So It seems my locs like to be rinsed in the morning.

delleaux
12-23-2010, 07:36 PM
It is not a good idea to go to bed with damp hair at night. I am assuming that is what you have done. Actually I work night shift and it is nothing washing my hair before I go to work because my hair is dry by the time I am off in the AM. I do not normally wash my hair during the day unless I am off that night. Just a preference really.

rushjackson
12-23-2010, 08:05 PM
Hey there,

I actually wash my hair at night and in the morning. If I wash my hair in the morning there's no issue. If I wash at night, I make sure I am not going to bed for 4 hours after I wash. It takes my hair 4 hours to completely dry and then I go to bed after it is dry. I've gone to bed with my head damp a few times. Not a good move, because one time when I woke up it had this smell to it that wasn't cool at all. I got rid of the smell with shampoo 2X, ACV rinse and conditioning. You won't catch me going to bed with damp hair anymore. :-))

chocodoll
12-23-2010, 09:29 PM
Morning. I've washed at night, but do not like going to bed with my hair wet. It didn't cause any problems for me though.

CinnamonBiscuit
12-24-2010, 12:28 AM
I prefer to rinse early in the day. Rinsing at night means either going to sleep with damp hair, staying up later than I planned so I can air dry, or using the hood dryer.

Vavoon
12-24-2010, 12:59 AM
if you wash in the morning, you could go about your business and iair dry. at night, you go to sleep with could wet hair. i heard this can cause mildew. but two each their own

Locks$Naps26!
12-24-2010, 01:34 AM
Yea i'm going to stop rinsing before bed because I would put my bonnet on which I'm sure can cause mildew

skittles04
12-24-2010, 02:17 AM
I rinse in the afternoons when I get home from work then let it air dry until bedtime. Since I don't put a whole lot of products on it now, it's usually about 80-90% dry by then. Sometimes I'll just go to bed like that, other times I'll break out the blow dryer and use it on a low setting for a few minutes before going to bed.

KellyVonn
12-24-2010, 02:21 AM
I usually rinse in the morning and just moisturize, put on a hat. When I get to work, I remove the hat shake my hair and let dry.

Kathleen1
12-24-2010, 03:01 AM
i rinse in the morning.....i barely put anything in my hair anymore since my dreads are still tiny lil fat babies :). just rinse daily in the morning and go...

Nigerian-Queen
12-30-2010, 05:33 AM
I do both, I'm a night owl so my locs dry before I hit the hay :)

Jess82
02-13-2012, 03:21 AM
I prefer in the morning to give my hair the time to air dry.

Natural Stylist
02-13-2012, 05:02 PM
Morning for me as well. I hate sleeping on wet hair.