PDA

View Full Version : Taren916 has heat damage

nickib
12-26-2010, 06:05 AM
I wanted to post this directly in the Heat Use Consequence thread but apparently you can't start threads there.

I like Taren's channel; she's fun and energetic. But she was always one of those people who said using heat was FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE if you use heat protectants. And she just looooooooooooved "mixing it up a little" and wearing her hair "straight for the winter."

Well. Homegirl has heat damage. SIGH. Hope someone learns from this. THIS IS WHY NP DOES NOT ADVOCATE HEAT EVER!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWYotmlBBDY

Ms-gg
12-26-2010, 06:11 AM
I always thought she did have some form of heat damage....but yeah I just saw this video too....

GalaxyGirl2012
12-26-2010, 06:14 AM
wow is this what we've come to? outing other people for heat damage? :huh:

Ms-gg
12-26-2010, 06:20 AM
I agree with Electra, she admitted it herself in the video.

I have a question, maybe this needs to be made into a separate thread, and this is no shade to you Nick, but how come we are so at ease with talking about youtubers on hair forums? I never seen people really doing the same thing with people who post pictures in their fotki albums back in the day.....

Princess Pamplemousse
12-26-2010, 06:20 AM
wow is this what we've come to? outing other people for heat damage? :huh:

She "outed" herself.

I'm surprised she had enough honesty to admit it. I don't follow her at all so this doesn't speak to her character, but...I can imagine lots of people holding on to the denial til the bitter end.

nickib
12-26-2010, 06:22 AM
:( she's so upset too... Idk how she didn't see this coming...

ETA: @GG2010 - I didn't mean to "out" her. I just wanted to share the video especially since she technically did "everything right" - heat protectant, deep conditioning before and after etc... Like I said I wanted to put it in the archives but couldn't.

Julia_75
12-26-2010, 06:26 AM
I think many people need to see this. Too many people follow these "guru's" and for one to make a video admitting to the mistake of using heat, shows it can happen to anyone and even if you use precautions it can still happen to YOU!! Nothing wrong with outing someone when they make a public video about it. This is just helping spread the word!

GalaxyGirl2012
12-26-2010, 06:37 AM
She "outed" herself.

i mean on NP. i guess i dont understand the new trend of bringing other people's stuff on NP :huh: like i said in another thread THIS is exactly how unnecessary drama starts between NP and other sites because someone gets word and runs and tells that people on NP are talking about them.

kinksr4me
12-26-2010, 07:33 AM
"But I know I can go back and forth, I jut know it".... Soooo you still haven't learned your lesson-S.M.D.H.

AuNappturale
12-26-2010, 07:35 AM
Yep, that's how ish gets started. If she wanted it here, she would've posted it here. Those who follow her guru-ness will learn of her mishap on her channel and take heed. (MAAAN, I remember one time an NPer did that to someone else and it was major drama before the thread got deleted.)

Princess Pamplemousse
12-26-2010, 08:00 AM
i mean on NP. i guess i dont understand the new trend of bringing other people's stuff on NP :huh: like i said in another thread THIS is exactly how unnecessary drama starts between NP and other sites because someone gets word and runs and tells that people on NP are talking about them.

I thought you meant that some other random chick had made a vid about a hair messiah's heat damage :-)) (I had to watch the vid just to make sure it was taren talking about taren).

I have a different conception of the rules of the net, I guess. I figure once you upload anything anywhere public you're giving tacit consent for it to be posted anywhere else. To me...Taren916 getting upset because someone posted her vid over here would be akin to Diddy (Shiddy?) getting mad at all the posts named in his (dis)honor.
In fact, most of these folks with YT "partnerships" get paid for getting more viewers...imo they should be glad to see their vids posted elsewhere. Wider viewership=more money.

And I don't know why we should censor ourselves over here for fear of what someone else might say over there. I hate to sound like a hothead lol but...I ain't scurred. Let 'em be mad. All I got for them is a

http://www.gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=1114422 (http://www.gifsoup.com/view/1114422/kanye-shrug.html) GIFSoup (http://www.gifsoup.com/)

Franki
12-26-2010, 09:09 AM
Hi ladies,

This is something I didn't expect to see. Yes, Taren put it out there but as grown women and adults, do we really need to sit here and discuss it? Yes, she has heat damage. Ok, ish happens. I also saw a lady with split ends today. You learn from it and keep it moving. SMDH

mymy
12-26-2010, 09:12 AM
LOL at her theory of the law of attraction and fearing causing the heat damage. So heat damage only happens when you are afraid that it will happen? Uh huh.

Other than that, I hope that her video brings some awareness to people and makes people reconsider using heat.