PDA

View Full Version : Blow Dry and Flat Iron?

VABritt
01-02-2011, 01:29 AM
I know everyone says do what works for you and your hair. Well I have BSL hair and I had my last relaxer sometime in the spring Feb-May 2010. I have thick hair and my new growth is not helping any.

When I relaxed I had healthy hair and it grew like weeds. I never had any burns or anything negative happen with my hair when I was relaxing. At the beginning of my transition I wore braidouts and they were perfect. Really nice. Now there is no way. My roots are out of control. I have no plans to BC anytime soon or at all. I get trims every 3 months and am due for one next week.

Thats the background on me and now here is my question. :)

How bad is it if you wash your hair, deep condition, BLOW DRY and FLAT IRON once a week or once every 2 weeks? This has been the only thing that is helping me get through this. I have tried twist n curls and that was a disaster. I do not want to get braids or a weave either.

I have not experienced any damage. My ends will tell you that I am READY for a trim soon but other than that I have not noticed anything. I use a heat protectant.
My hair has been shedding like crazy but it comes out from the roots. I do not have any breakage where there are small pieces all over my sink and floor.

sorry guys. I just needed to vent because I am so close to ending this transition. I just need some support.

So can I flat iron and blow dry to get through this?

OHR
01-02-2011, 01:33 AM
http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy223/playwhatgoeson/Sideeye-Slidein.gif Proceed. OP: did you read the very bottom of this page?
ETA: Now I remember that you'd started a thread related to textural change before [back in the summer]. Errr ummm...

Psyann
01-02-2011, 01:40 AM
You've been down this road before and OhRhonda let you know the deal then too.

Your thread about Brazilian Blowouts and Keratin Treatments (http://www.nappturality.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129594)

The bottom of the page states:
No posting promoting straightening or relaxing.

So you will not find support here to straighten your hair.

With that being said, my mom had BSL hair and transitioned for about 4 months I think. She was getting knots and tangles all over the place. She made the choice to just do her BC and has never looked back. Another option could be to get a mini chop to maybe shoulder length. That way you have less straight hair to get tangled.

Mojito Chica
01-02-2011, 01:46 AM
Reported :-|

VABritt
01-02-2011, 02:00 AM
Wow. Thanks guys. No support here. Ill leave the forums myself.

VABritt
01-02-2011, 02:03 AM
I just reported myself. :)