PDA

View Full Version : back to my hair

caribbeanqueen42
01-10-2011, 09:43 PM
Im freaking out.....I like alot of peps wanted to change it up and flat iron my hair two weeks in a row. It was looking cute, got lots of compliments. Now Im trying to get back my naps and at least 2 - 3 inches stays dead straight. Can anyone HEEEELLLLLLP MEEEEEE !!!!! I WOULD HATE TO LOSE MY NAPS PERMANENTLY.

flychicshae
01-10-2011, 09:47 PM
sounds like heat damage.. and if so, there is really nothing you can do..

SimplyyKeannaa
01-10-2011, 09:50 PM
Not really sure.. but I've heard about beer rinses. Its a certain type of beer you are supposed to use.. so.. its something you could research to help? Its worth a shot I guess..

Kathleen1
01-10-2011, 09:52 PM
well you lost them permanently....

you risked the health of your hair just cuz you wanted to look "cute" (cuz naps aint cute right:-|)
you reap what u sow...and now you have to start all over by either transitioning again or doing another BC

next time if you want straight hair badly you should opt to wear a wig or something instead of destroying your hair

SimplyyKeannaa
01-10-2011, 10:00 PM
well you lost them permanently....

you risked the health of your hair just cuz you wanted to look "cute" (cuz naps aint cute right:-|)
you reap what u sow...and now you have to start all over by either transitioning again or doing another BC

next time if you want straight hair badly you should opt to wear a wig or something instead of destroying your hair

Whoa...Whoa..Whoa...

She didn't say or insinuate any of those things... Goodness Kathleen. Clearly, like many... she wanted to try flat ironing her hair. She said nothing about naps aren't cute... if that were so.. she wouldn't be rocking a cute afro in her avi pic.

She doesn't have to start completely over.... If in a few washes.. the straight hairs don't bounce back.. simply cut those ends off. Tho I have heard of it taking a little longer for some of the hair to bounce back because of products etc. So give it time before you break out the scissors.

She came on the boards for help... not to be codemned.

If anything.. she gave us an example of why NOT to flat iron our hair. Lol

MyHairChroniclesCMC
01-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Im freaking out.....I like alot of peps wanted to change it up and flat iron my hair two weeks in a row. It was looking cute, got lots of compliments. Now Im trying to get back my naps and at least 2 - 3 inches stays dead straight. Can anyone HEEEELLLLLLP MEEEEEE !!!!! I WOULD HATE TO LOSE MY NAPS PERMANENTLY.

Unfortunately, it sounds like you have heat damage. There are certain things you can do to try to get some of the kink back, but its probably gone for good.

A lot of us think it's ok to use heat for a change of pace, but as you experienced, it can undo years of work in a single stroke. Try not to beat yourself up about it. You live and learn.

MyHairChroniclesCMC
01-10-2011, 10:04 PM
Whoa...Whoa..Whoa...

She didn't say or insinuate any of those things... Goodness Kathleen. Clearly, like many... she wanted to try flat ironing her hair. She said nothing about naps aren't cute... if that were so.. she wouldn't be rocking a cute afro in her avi pic.

She doesn't have to start completely over.... If in a few washes.. the straight hairs don't bounce back.. simply cut those ends off. Tho I have heard of it taking a little longer for some of the hair to bounce back because of products etc. So give it time before you break out the scissors.

She came on the boards for help... not to be codemned.

If anything.. she gave us an example of why NOT to flat iron our hair. Lol

Cosign. Sometimes you have be a little....harsh, Kathleen.

G.Eve
01-10-2011, 10:59 PM
Whoa.....beer rinse....try it before you freak out and do something drastic. Just wash your hair as normal, then use a flat beer i.e. no fizz with abt two teaspoons of oil in it. Leave for 2-5 minutes and rinse out your hair......let us know how it goes. Am sorry for you gal. I hope it ain't so bad, I hope you haven't lost your curls.

fuzzyhair
01-10-2011, 11:33 PM
OP, you can try some deep conditioning treatments with some protein. Beer is not going to help that is an old wives tale. If you try the DC and protein and don't have any results after a few weeks or so your only choices are to work with the straight ends and gradualy chop over time or just chop them off. Either way I would leave that heat alone. I don't care if Mary mother of Jesus asked me to straighten out my napps to see how long my hair was I would not do it. Live and learn from it.

Lady_danielle10
01-11-2011, 12:30 AM
I recently heard about protein treatments to correct heat damage i would research the options

caribbeanqueen42
01-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Its all good. Last night I twisted it and put in some bantu knots and today it looks great. No one else can tell its not in its natural state (but I can) I'll work with it for a while and see what happens and if not BC thanks for the positive feedback. Im actually not scared at all about BC again ( I don't know why people make it seem like a big deal). Ive done the big Afro and loved it (alot of work). Im cool with short afro too.. I will try the beer tonight. The flat iron is gone for good though. Oh and I never said i didn't think napps was cute.

caribbeanqueen42
01-11-2011, 06:22 PM
thanks SimplyKeanna.