PDA

View Full Version : And Now a Message About Heat Styling.....

NaturallyFlyy
01-12-2011, 01:57 AM
.....Hello my fellow Napptural Beauties. I am writing this to inform you about my recent foray into heat straightening. It started when the semester began this past fall. I wanted a quicker easier way to style and wear my hair. First let me make it perfectly clear that I am not ashamed of my natural hair. I had worn my coils, kinks and curls to church, home, an internship interview (which I got) and school.

But here's what I learned:
1. It is NOT easier. Having to section, blowdry, resection and press my hair was extremely too much and towards the end I hated every moment.
2. I looked like the vast majority of women around me...boooo!!! What had happened to rocking and embracing my individuality!?!
3. That heat is not my friend. I don't have heat damage in the sense that my hair won't revert (thank goodness it does so that I didn't throw 2 years down the drain) but I suffered major split ends and tying of the hair strand.
4. That I would sacrifice the very thing I contributed to growing out my natural strands in the first place----Co-Washes. I use to co-wash at least 3 times per week. And it paid off. When I straightened my hair it was past my shoulders. But to maintain straight strands I stopped doing them.
5. That even though I wasn't back on the creamy crack...I might as well have been. And I kept thinking about perming it.

So that's it. I straightened. Regret it. And I am back on track, so excuse as I go Co-Wash.

Moderator Q
01-12-2011, 02:37 AM
Good to know you learned your lesson and that you're back on track. :)