PDA

View Full Version : Candle Magic

TakomaQT
04-29-2003, 09:26 PM
Does anyone know about candle magic? I am attempting to manifest something constructive (I'd rather not say what) that requires a red candle. The best day for red is Tuesday, today, but the new moon isn't until Thursday. Should I start today or wait until the new moon?

I have had prior success with candles. I 'm just wondering if anyone has any thoughts.

AKAHLF
04-30-2003, 10:59 PM
TacomaQT, I'm really curious about "candle magic". Could you enlighten me about this?

LotsOfLocs
04-30-2003, 11:01 PM
I know people who do it. I myself have not tried.

TakomaQT
05-01-2003, 01:12 AM
There is a lot of information available on-line about candle magic also many many books. My favorite is Candle Magic Workbook by Kala & Ketz Pajeon.

Brit
05-01-2003, 01:32 PM
Does anyone know about candle magic? I am attempting to manifest something constructive (I'd rather not say what) that requires a red candle. The best day for red is Tuesday, today, but the new moon isn't until Thursday. Should I start today or wait until the new moon?

I have had prior success with candles. I 'm just wondering if anyone has any thoughts.

to answer your question, do it on thursday, the night of the new moon you don't want to do it the day before (not that you could now anyway) because you would be catching the waning power/force of the moon which is not what you want if i go on the fact that you have chosen a red candle. just remember the three-fold law.

deecoily
05-02-2003, 12:45 AM
I agree with Brit. Wait.

TakomaQT
05-03-2003, 12:29 AM
Thanks Brit & Deecoily...

I began on the new moon.

marissasensei
05-03-2003, 05:08 AM
Dang, I remember seeing a thread about this on naturallycurly.com. Let me see if I can find the link . . .

ETA the link to the site: www.candlemagic.com Looks like it's under construction, though. :(

AKAHLF
05-03-2003, 11:03 PM
@ marissasensei,
thanks for the link....when the website is up, I will check it out to find out more about candle magic.

NaturalSerenitee
05-06-2003, 12:29 AM
I have been practicing candle magick for a few years now (I have been Wiccan for 18 years now --oh my!) ...I would also say wait until the new moon, unless the spell you wish to cast is for banishing (getting rid of a bad habit, or ridding yourself of negative energy or a negative situation) -- those spells are best done in a waning or dark moon phase.

If your spell is for drawing positive things and/or situations/energy to you, I say wait. Good luck!

khamedra19
05-13-2003, 04:03 AM
I co-sign waiting for the new moon.