PDA

View Full Version : Houston Get Together? May maybe?

natitwists
04-30-2003, 04:36 AM
Hey you guys, wow I haven't been on the board in a minute. Finals and graduation ,along with searching for a job after my internship ended has not left much time for purusing the internet unless its on monster.com and the like! :D Anyhoo, I know the ladies at the last Houston get together agreed that we would have the next meeting on the North side. Sooo I was thinking, there is a new Boudreaux's opening up on the northside, on Airtex, which is close to the 1960 area. It is opening in May, not sure of what date in May exactly but just wanted to know if that would be alright with you guys? Let me know what ya think!

By the way if anyone knows how to post a picture in a message, please give me step by step instructions so that I can post pics. Thanks

satriela
04-30-2003, 04:50 AM
hey chica! I think its a great idea! What is Boudreax?

LInlo
05-01-2003, 04:10 AM
Sounds like a good idea to me.

natitwists
05-01-2003, 11:59 AM
Hey Satriela!
Boudreaux's is a cajun resturaunt. They have catfish, shrimp, alligator, crawfish, clams, dirty rice, shrimp etoufee, crawfish etoufee, and the likes. The food is good.
I will let you all know when the grand opening is soon.

Nx2brat
05-02-2003, 01:28 AM
Sounds cool to me. I don't work too far from Airtex. Are the opening a Boudreaux's by 45?? Over there were Zio's and all those other eating spots are??

May sounds good. Congrats on your graduation Natitwists!! :D :D :D
I hope you land the job you want.

Brat :silly:

tracyannette
05-05-2003, 03:43 PM
I am late seeing this post. But a may meeting would be great. I will check back for more details.

:) Tracy

natitwists
05-06-2003, 04:33 PM
Yea Brat right over there by Joe's Crab Shack and Lupe Tortilla and Saltgrass, they are building a whole complex, there is gonna be a Slick Willey's, Marble Slab, Texadelphia, Boudreaux's, WIngs and Things, but I saw that Boudreaux's was opening this May so I thought that would be a good place. Hope you can make it this time. :lol:
After finals (tomorrow) and graduation next week I will write back with more details ladies!

happylockss
05-07-2003, 02:20 AM
Hello everyone I am in houston as well, I am new to the board and this is the first time I have seen this post. :D I would like to know about each one if you if possible and know what your plans are :) , There are more texas ppl at the long hair forum, maybe we could invite them as well :wink: thanks

kurliehead
05-09-2003, 04:29 PM
I can't wait. I'll be out of town from May 14-20 but count me in any other time after that.

satriela
05-10-2003, 05:55 AM
what about saturday the 24th?

natitwists
05-10-2003, 09:51 PM
THe 24th sounds good to me Satriela! Now if the Boudreaux's is not open, we can select from the following places which are in the same area: Saltgrass, Lupe Tortilla, Zio's, Joe's Crab Shack, Whataburger (smile) or Jack in the Box (smile). That's just in case it isn't open yet. Like I said I went to another Boudreaux's location and it said that the Airtex location was opening in May, so..... let's hope they are open by then, if not, then yall let me know, in order of preference, which place y'all would like to meet at.
Until next time Peace!! :afro:

reikosuave
05-12-2003, 05:55 PM
I WOULD LOVE TO MEET MAY 24. I WORK :thumbsup: NEAR THAT AREA. WHEN WILL IT BE OFFICIAL SO THAT I MARK ON MY CALENDAR? DEFINITELY COUNT ME IN THOUGH!!

happylockss
05-15-2003, 12:39 AM
:( I cant do the 24, that is my last week of school and graduation is on the 31, I will be completely busy :unsure: . Is there any other suggestions? Thanks

bajantexan
05-15-2003, 06:44 PM
Ok guys so it looks like we have a Date and place...anybody got a TIME??
Much love
Bajantexan

natitwists
05-16-2003, 03:29 PM
Sorry happylocks that you can't attend. I know how you feel, I graduate on the 17th and finals, graduation, all of that drama, I empathize with you. Well ladies, I suppose we have settled on the 24th? I say 2pm. Let's have a vote on the time. What would be best for you guys. Also vote on the place if Boudreaux's isn't open yet. 1.Salt Grass 2)Zio's 3)Joe's Crab shack 4)Jack and the Box 5) Whataburger 6)Country Market 7)Cracker Barrel
All of these places are within the vicinity of Airtex.
So I need a vote from you ladies and a final count to see who will be attending. I will be checking the board more regularly now, since graduatio is tomorrow and all this craziness will soon be over.
Later ;)

systah
05-16-2003, 04:35 PM
i would LOVE to attend!!! can't wait to see my fellow nappturality members! :D

systah
05-17-2003, 05:24 AM
what time?

Nx2brat
05-17-2003, 11:36 PM
Aiight...the 24th sounds cool with me. I guess the South Side is gonna have to make that trip to the North this go round. I'll be there.

I'm going to put in a vote for Zio's...cause I love italian and they have good prices. But wherever the group wants to eat will be fine.

Brat :P

LFJPO
05-18-2003, 07:06 PM
Greetings Houstonians!

Ihave to work on Saturday until about 1 or 2....so what time is this event on 5/24 and I'll see if I can join you all later.

Thanks,

LaNita

natitwists
05-19-2003, 01:06 PM
So we got one vote for Zio's so far. Time? I say 2:30 but I need to hear from you guys so that we can make it official, so far we have 5 definites? systah, nx2brat,bajantexan,reikosuave and me natitwists. Let me hear from the rest of y'all so far it's looking like we will meet at Zio's on the 24th @ 2:30pm. Let a sistah know what will work. Once everything is finalized we need to arrange who will bring a camera so that our picture can go up on the web, we took pictures the first time we met but never posted them, I still have some and nobody remembered to bring a camera the 2nd time, so hopefully this time we can take some pictures and have them posted quickly. ;)

reikosuave
05-19-2003, 01:43 PM
Boudreauxs would be my vote. If not there, Salt Grass would do. FYI, there's a great cheap place called Zio's in the same area. Anyhow....2ish is just fine. Is this official et? :D

LFJPO
05-19-2003, 11:56 PM
5/24 at Zio's is fine for me. I will NOT make it until closer to 3pm

LfJPO
aka LaNita

natitwists
05-20-2003, 12:22 AM
So officially it is Zio's @ 2:30 Sat May 24th. Although Boudreaux's was suppossed to be open, it hasn't opened yet. I will check back for questions and details. Can't wait to see you guys!

natitwists
05-20-2003, 12:36 AM
Who has a digital camera? Whomever has the digicam please bring it so that the Houston Nappturals can post pics of their get togethers, this will be our 3rd outing and we have yet to post pics! :nohuh:

Also remember ladies bring your favorite products to share and bring those that you no longer like or didn't live up to your expectations to swap! :afro:

PRASHUS
05-20-2003, 02:06 AM
i game for the 24th 2:30

Nx2brat
05-20-2003, 02:47 AM
I will bring my digicam. I'm excited...can't wait to see yall there.

satriela
05-20-2003, 02:27 PM
I need directions!!!! Where is this place??!? How long should it take me to get there? I live in the Galleria area. Even just an address would be okay. :rainfro:

natitwists
05-20-2003, 05:17 PM
You take 45N to Richey road, make a U-turn under the freeway. Go along the feeder and Zio's will be on your right hand side. It is between Saltgrass and Joe's Crab Shack. If you are coming from the galleria area, then it should take approximately 30 minutes. See ya there! :D

LFJPO
05-21-2003, 12:46 AM
On the directions: is that 45 N or 45S? Richey Road I thought was by Hobby Airport near the Monroe Exit? Someone let me know because I was thinking I was going towards IAH and not Hobby.

systah
05-21-2003, 01:44 AM
please give me the address of zio's. i'm looking forward to meeting everyone!! :D

Nx2brat
05-21-2003, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by natitwists@May 20 2003, 11:17 AM
You take 45N to Richey road, make a U-turn under the freeway. Go along the feeder and Zio's will be on your right hand side. It is between Saltgrass and Joe's Crab Shack. If you are coming from the galleria area, then it should take approximately 30 minutes. See ya there! :D
That's S. Richey going toward Pasadena...

My Southside Peoplez...
The Richey exit for ZIO's is off 45 N..just keep going out 45 North past Greenspoint mall.. to the Richey exit.

Nx2brat
05-21-2003, 02:39 AM
Sorry double post.... :P

systah
05-21-2003, 05:56 PM
alright, thanks! well, i'll see everyone saturday at 2:30. holla!!! :D

Patrina
05-21-2003, 05:57 PM
Hello Houstonians!

I would like to join in on this day of fun if I can. I like on the SW side but a little drive never hurt anyone. I would like to know the physical address of wherever we chose. I personally would love Joe's Crab Shack....Cuz I love me some schrimp!! :blink: Yes, I did say schrimp. :nohuh: Any other information would be great, too. I am still transitioning so I do not really have any products to swap but just meeting other nappturals would be suffice for me. I hope you guys would allow this rookie to invade your 100% napptural beauty. Can't wait to see everyone.

I have always been natural....just away for a bit :D

Peace and Napptural hair grease :rainfro:
Patrina

systah
05-21-2003, 06:02 PM
oh yeah, just wanted to let everyone know i'll be bringing my transitioning friend. she did the big chop, but she's wearing cornrowns in her transition. see y'all saturday. :P

Nx2brat
05-21-2003, 07:24 PM
Here's the address...

Zio's Italian Kitchen
14915 North Fwy, Houston, TX 77090
Phone: (713) 872-5333

I pulled it off the web...s o I don't know how correct that number is...but the physical addy is correct.

Patrina
05-21-2003, 07:27 PM
OK is it official that we are to meet @ Zio's or is the restaurant choice still up in the air?

Peace and Napptural hair grease :rainfro:
Patrina

Kween Makeda
05-21-2003, 07:42 PM
:afro: Hi Ladies,
I am new to the web and can not wait to meet you on Saturday. I made the big chop on October '99 and I have cut my hair twice since then. I am going to let it grow out this time.

natitwists
05-22-2003, 02:55 AM
Oooh I can't wait to see you guys! I will be at Zio's early to secure us a table, since I live around the corner. I can't wait to see ya'll!!! Brat don't forget the camera!! :D

natitwists
05-22-2003, 03:06 PM
Just wanted to add, if any of you ladies have any homemade recipes or products you'd like to share please do so at the meeting on Saturday! I am going to get into making my own products since I have been freed up from school and would love to hear how you ladies make different products. So bring your hommade stuff with you too!! :thumbsup:

lele
05-22-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by LFJPO@May 21 2003, 12:46 AM
On the directions: is that 45 N or 45S? Richey Road I thought was by Hobby Airport near the Monroe Exit? Someone let me know because I was thinking I was going towards IAH and not Hobby.
Natitiwists is right. It is 45N. Richey is not near Hobby Airport, its on the North Side of town.

Can't wait to meet all of you soon. I have about two bags of products and some hair (afro puffs and ponytail) to give away. I will also bring my digital camera.

Nx2brat
05-22-2003, 06:32 PM
There are two Richey's . One is on the southside by hobby the other is northside all the way out 45N..and that is the the one Natitwists is talking about.

I think I quoted the wrong message earlier...anywayz..here's link to directions

Zio's Directions (http://yp.mapquest.com/main.adp?_dirskip=0&_dirletter=&_direxpand=&_dirmap=0&_dac=0&_dfc=2&_dirsview=val&_dbf=&_dircid=109072420&_diraction=detail&_dircity=Houston&_dirstate=TX&_dirlat=299899&_dirlong=%2d954246&_dirzip=77090&_dirmyaddr=&_dircat=&_dirnamesearch=Zios&_dirreferer=&_diraddress=14915%20North%20Fwy&_dirdma=13&_dirpid=)

And Nati--I promise I won't forget the camera :D

bajantexan
05-22-2003, 07:09 PM
Hey Girls

I put in braids for the first time yesterday..i mean I did my OWN braids for the first time ever...i ain't never put in braids in my life but it was pretty easy...i did my own kinky twist extensions....i can't wait to show u guys....i hope its not a prob to have braids in....

Much love
Bajantexan

kurliehead
05-22-2003, 11:48 PM
Damn, damn, damn :mad: I won't be able to make this one either. My cousin is getting married that day. Have enough fun for me ladies. :thumbsup:

PRASHUS
05-23-2003, 03:03 AM
Well i wanted to come but ive been a little sick the last few days. so im gonna take this weekend to rest. Im not very sick but i dont want to take the weekend to feel better so i wont miss anydays next week. so ill see yall next time. :afro:

natitwists
05-23-2003, 03:40 AM
Sorry to hear that y'all won't be able to join us kurliehead and Prashus. I hope you feel better PRashus and we will see you again at the next outing! :thumbsup:
Kurliehead go on and kick it at your cousin's wedding and we will see you at the next meeting too. ;)

natitwists
05-23-2003, 11:45 PM
Can't wait to see you ladies tomorrow!! I will secure a table for us early, look for a woman and a little girl, both with afro puffs!! Don't forget your favorite products/recipies/swap items!!

LFJPO
05-25-2003, 01:09 AM
:( Hi Houstonian Nappturals:

My work schedule was changed and I went in later at 11 and worked till 6 so I missed you all this go round.

I hope it went very well and can't wait to hear the details.

LfJPO
aka LaNita

systah
05-25-2003, 02:18 AM
it was great seeing everyone today!!! i really enjoyed sharing stories and products and i can't wait to do it again next month!!! :D reikosuave, if you still want to get your hair pressed by tracie, her e-mail is: msradio33@yahoo.com

natitwists
05-25-2003, 10:51 PM
It was great seeing you all! I had a wonderful time and can't wait to do it again! I can't wait to see the pictures!

Nx2brat
05-26-2003, 06:43 AM
I had a lot of fun you guys. I look forward to our next get together.

Here's a link to the pics... password houston

Houston May Gathering (http://public.fotki.com/SassyTXBrat77/houston_gathering/)

Nx2brat
05-26-2003, 06:44 AM
Double post....ooops I must still be lit :D

PRASHUS
05-26-2003, 04:17 PM
:clap: beautiful pics. :( i wish i coulda came. looked like so much fun a lotta new faces too. :( ill have to be healthy for the next one. lol

Kween Makeda
06-08-2003, 11:37 PM
:afro: Hi Ladies! I just had an opportunity to look at the photos and they are great. I really enjoyed myself and can not wait for the next get together. Hope everyone is doing well. Hope to see you soon.

Tori
07-03-2003, 02:52 PM
Hello ladies! I didn't even know this thread existed or I woulda been there! :huh: The pics are great! Yawl looked so beautiful and happy 2B nappy! I live waaaay up north in Conroe. I look forward to the next shindig!

systah
07-15-2003, 02:17 PM
are we getting together for july?

Fatimah
07-15-2003, 03:55 PM
Ooh Ooh! :clap: I wanna go! Let's have one!

Sorry, excuse my enthusiasm but I missed the last one. :lol:

If anyone's interested, we can start a new thread for a July Htown get together.