PDA

View Full Version : 1st Shampoo TONIGHT!!!

Karmellocs
02-28-2011, 08:41 PM
Ok I'm shampooing my locks for the 1st time and would love suggestions on a good shampoo and retwist product.

thanks guys!

godpsendt
02-28-2011, 09:23 PM
a non-sulfate shampoo such as Giovanni tea trea invigoration..and don't forget it's not gonna lather lol... the first time I used it i did like 5 shampoos expecting a lather before I remembered it doesn't lather...whatever shampoo you use be sure to rinse more thoroughly than you've ever rinsed before...get squeaky clean

retwist with straight aloe vera gel... u can buy Fruit of the Earth at ulta, walmart, ... i like Fruit of the Earth because it does have a little preservative so you don't need to worry about spoilage....you can also buy brands w/o preservatives at your local health food store, brands like NOW and Lily of the Desert

Avoid the use of towels that are really light or really linty

Get thoroughly dry before going to sleep. Blow-dry if needed.

Don't fret and have fun!!

KnottyAuthor
02-28-2011, 10:33 PM
GO FOR IT! Im all about African Black Soap, sometimes can be found at beauty stores. Koreans gettin hip to that and shea....

Karmellocs
03-01-2011, 01:00 AM
Ok thanks Ladies! I got Shea Moisture Organic African black soap deep conditioning shampoo and I already had the aloe vera from fruit of the earth. I also found some Softee Olive conditioning gel it has more of a conditioner consistency than a gel consistency. We'll see how it goes! wish me luck!

Karmellocs
03-08-2011, 02:47 AM
I actually did the retwist on my second shampoo i think it turned out pretty good. I used a mix of shea butter EVOO and aloe vera gel.
http://public.fotki.com/Nikinat929/new-journey/0215111638a.html
pw:nikinat