PDA

View Full Version : Assata Shakur

All-Natural
06-28-2004, 05:46 PM
I was just in the Activist Sistas thread and wondered...

What's going on with Assata today?

I read her autobiography EVERY summer
but I often wonder what she's up to today.

Any links to the progress of the "Hands off Assata" campaign?

The latest info I've seen is from the late 90s.

If you know of ANY updates please post some links.

siriuswizdom
06-29-2004, 01:43 AM
Good question....I was just talking about this to my girlfriend the other day.

Yes, if you have any info please post the link.

*Sirius

blufaerie
07-01-2004, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by siriuswizdom@Jun 28 2004, 08:43 PM
Good question....I was just talking about this to my girlfriend the other day.

We must be all of one sound mind because I was wondering the same thing. I havent seen too many updates. I'm going to look.... :tiptoe

nappyloG
07-02-2004, 05:03 AM
I'd like to know...

luvmenappi
07-21-2004, 01:31 AM
as far as i've heard, assata is still in cuba. her daughter is grown and had a child (maybe a couple of years ago. no word on the hands off assata campaign.

All-Natural
07-21-2004, 01:45 AM
Thanks luvmenappi :)

tbaby900
07-21-2004, 11:20 PM
I would like to know what did she do in her day? I feel silly and embarrased but i have never heard of her. :doh If anyone has any links to where i can read about her it would be very helpful.

kudurunzinga
07-23-2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by tbaby900@Jul 21 2004, 06:20 PM
I would like to know what did she do in her day? I feel silly and embarrased but i have never heard of her. :doh If anyone has any links to where i can read about her it would be very helpful.
@tbaby
It's okay if you have not heard of her. I learned about her from a song Common made on his last cd Like Water For Chocolate. Here is a link that might help you. Also check out her autobiography. It has been very motivationsl for many. Unfortunatley it is still on my to read list... Hope this link helps!Assata (http://www.afrocubaweb.com/assata.htm)

notroz2u
08-12-2004, 07:23 PM
I just read her book a few weeks ago, so you know I am wondering what she is up to

By the way, those of you that have not read it I insist that you go to the nearest library or book store right away and get this book

What a good read

Since reading that I went to a bookstore and got Panther 21, but I have not had a chance to read it yet

Trula
08-22-2004, 07:58 AM
I have a cool 'Hands Off Assata!' t-shirt I wear practically every day, I love this woman.