PDA

View Full Version : get rid of stink bugs?

mastone
03-30-2011, 02:44 AM
At least that's what my neighbor told me they were... they are black bugs with orange on their backs. They are everywhere! I'm not even sure how they're getting in the house... I use the back door because they're all around the front. Anybody have a natural remedy for these? I'm thinking of just using Ortho Home Defense, but I don't want to make my doggy sick.:(

QueenLocks
05-26-2011, 02:36 PM
Frogs eat bugs. Try some garlic mixed with water in a spray bottle. I know cayenne pepper works on ants, but I'm not sure about the "stink" bugs.

Fuzziwuz
05-26-2011, 04:29 PM
Sorry I can't help you :(. My only advice... whatever works in the back of the home, apply in the front.
I just wanna know..... do they stink?... and your location, so I can avoid that area.(ewww... the thought makes me itch).

I tried to do a Google and got the ibby-jibbies, with my screen freezing on bugs. Best wishes

deecoily
05-30-2011, 01:29 AM
We get stink bugs here in summer - I regularly spray my plants with soap and water because it deters them from laying eggs. But you can try a tobacco spray too (if you can stand it) - Get a pack of cigs and break open all the cigs. Be sure to wear gloves! Put the tobacco into a bottle of hot water, seal the top and leave for at least 12 hours. Then strain it into a sprayer bottle (use a cotton cloth or some kind of cheesecloth) and add a couple of capfuls of harsh dish detergent to the sprayer (for the sulfate). Then pour into a sprayer and use it on your plants. That will kill all the crawling bugs like aphids and stink bugs and leave the bees alone.

OHR
05-30-2011, 01:34 AM
^Dee, how often do you have to reapply? I imagine more often in rainy spells...can you use on vegetable plants? By the way, killed my first wasp this afternoon...found its' way inside my screendoor.