PDA

View Full Version : Calling Kinky Twists Experts

nume03
07-02-2004, 05:29 PM
My mom is doing my kinky twists for me and she has only done them once before. I want the layered look, is there anything special that we have to do to the hair before putting it in (i.e cutting the hair)

also, i got the afro dreads hair, has anyone used that before? do it give the same look as afro kinky? thanks

feepee
07-08-2004, 03:54 AM
hmm, i'd have to see the hair to answer the second questiong.

when i'm doing twist or braid extentions and want to achieve a layered look i do a couple things.

-for long layers (http://public.fotki.com/feepee/all_about_hair/hair_ive_done/000_0180.html)(a popular look) i will cut all the hair the same length and the shape of the head will naturally create the long layers. afterwards i'll cut and shape where necessary

-for short layers (http://public.fotki.com/feepee/all_about_hair/inspirational_hair/twists.html), i'll systimatically cut and braid in the hair to achieve the layered look (the link to that pic is her natural hair, no extensions. just wanted to show ya what i was talking bout)

hope this helps.

~peace~

KnappilyMe
08-02-2004, 03:18 PM
I just recently took my kinky twist out and they were layered... all i did was cut the hair the exact lenth so each time i went up a row it got just a little shorter as i reached the crown of my head. for the areas that i think are a little off i would simply snip them before i would tie off the ends to curl them .

theomozo
08-10-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by KnappilyMe@Aug 2 2004, 03:18 PM
I just recently took my kinky twist out and they were layered... all i did was cut the hair the exact lenth so each time i went up a row it got just a little shorter as i reached the crown of my head. for the areas that i think are a little off i would simply snip them before i would tie off the ends to curl them .
That's what I do as well.

But I cut the extensions into 3 different lengths. It is easier for me like that.

The shortest length at the back, mid length for the middle of my head and longest for the top. You can also reverse this: shortest length for top, mid length for middle of the head and longest for back. It depends on the look you want.

HTH