05-31-2011, 04:21 AM
i hate acne!
ive had it since i was 10 and now i,m 13
i was stupid and used 2 pop my pimples
now i have acne spots AND acne
how will i ever get rid of them by the beginning of high skool

afrobrinagirl
06-01-2011, 03:20 AM
drink lots of water that may help. Go to a dermatologist if you can. Acne is caused by a hormone imbalance, not necessarily fatty foods or dirt so see if you can talk to a skin professional for some help if its really serious.

KellyVonn
06-01-2011, 06:03 AM
Peace sis, visit our skin care threads. They will help you. Peace. :)

Emilysong
06-01-2011, 03:51 PM
Aww so sorry that you have to deal with this. But watch your diet. I have just discovered that sugary foods make mine worst. Also, the scars will go away with time. Stay blessed.

lolalikey
06-01-2011, 04:29 PM
ok thank u soo much!

rootsbynature
06-16-2011, 09:32 AM
drink alot of water! what do you use on your face?

Mangachan
06-26-2011, 08:55 PM
Lolalikey,

I had acne starting at age 11 with a few periods of relief. I'm currently 22 and my skin isn't perfect but it is a lot better. Hormones do cause acne to a certain extent but what you eat DOES matter and so does your skin care.

Drink liquids and eat foods with a high water content. Your entire body will thank you for it anyway. Carry a water bottle with you. I found that drinking hot tea helped.(green tea, red tea, earl gray, stuff like that) When I was in college, I would drink hot tea from Starbucks multiple times a day and my skin looked great.lol

Do you notice that your skin gets greasy looking, especially later on in the day? that means you have naturally oily skin. You don't want to go overkill and use products that might dry out your skin, at least not at first. Use a cleanser that is made for oily skin. If you still have issues, move up to one that's made for people with acne.

Along with a cleanser, you should get a toner and an oil free moisturizer. Don't use oily products! You should also exfoliate your skin about once a week. A simple mixture of sugar (1 tsp) and water should do just fine for this.

If this doesn't work you can see a derm.

Lady.Capri
06-28-2011, 06:10 PM
My doctor prescribed me an antibiotic to help clear my acne up. I've noticed that it may sometimes come in stages of life out of nowhere. Like, now I don't have to take it to manage my acne.

But what worked for me was DOXYCYCLINE because it killed the acne bacteria in my body. Also I only use black soap to wash my face. I use the one sold in stores for like $2 a bar, but some people will tell you that it's not the true black soap. After I wash with that I use alcohol pads to remove remaining dirt and then a moisturizer.

Hope this helps :)

Himmy
06-28-2011, 07:35 PM
Lolalikey,

I had acne starting at age 11 with a few periods of relief. I'm currently 22 and my skin isn't perfect but it is a lot better. Hormones do cause acne to a certain extent but what you eat DOES matter and so does your skin care.

Drink liquids and eat foods with a high water content. Your entire body will thank you for it anyway. Carry a water bottle with you. I found that drinking hot tea helped.(green tea, red tea, earl gray, stuff like that) When I was in college, I would drink hot tea from Starbucks multiple times a day and my skin looked great.lol

Do you notice that your skin gets greasy looking, especially later on in the day? that means you have naturally oily skin. You don't want to go overkill and use products that might dry out your skin, at least not at first. Use a cleanser that is made for oily skin. If you still have issues, move up to one that's made for people with acne.

Along with a cleanser, you should get a toner and an oil free moisturizer. Don't use oily products! You should also exfoliate your skin about once a week. A simple mixture of sugar (1 tsp) and water should do just fine for this.

If this doesn't work you can see a derm.

I agree. Often times it's hormones, but if you eat unclean food (loaded with perservatives, full of salt, sugar, grease, etc.) often times it will show on your skin. Drink lots of water, find a cleanser that works well (I've been using Noxema since I was 13 years old) and a great moisturizer (I've been using Oil of Olay since I was 21 years old).

I have oily skin myself. If that's part of your problem, like sis said...don't go trying to strip your face of all your oils. Trust me, you'll be thankful you have oily skin when you hit your 40s and up. Plus...if you over cleanse your face will rebel and produce more oil defeating the purpose.

Good luck.