PDA

View Full Version : Cutting the rest of perm ends off???

Naturaldisiac
06-11-2011, 05:42 AM
Ok sooo I am officially one week natural!!! Wooo Hooo!!!! I have some permed ends in my hair. How long is too long to keep them on??? Thanks ladies!!!!

OHR
06-11-2011, 06:28 AM
^'tis up to you, OP! Good luck and congrats.

bhop13
06-11-2011, 06:29 AM
You can just snip them off whenever...there's no timeline. Is there a reason you're keeping them?

pie
06-11-2011, 01:15 PM
Yeah, just snip them off as you find them. Congrats!!! :)

LBellatrix
06-11-2011, 01:23 PM
Snip them off today. Then you can say you're completely natural.

Naturaldisiac
06-11-2011, 08:49 PM
bhop13--the person that did my big chop left them. She told me to come back in a month and she cut them off. I just don't want it to do anything to my hair in the meantime.

Thanks everyone...I am going to snip them off. It's not a lot but stilll want them gone!

swingbolder
06-11-2011, 11:41 PM
Congratulations!!! You have "gone natural!!!"

Vavoon
06-11-2011, 11:47 PM
went i had my bc i immediately chopped off those permed ends. i suggest you do the same, however its all up to you!

Batyah
06-12-2011, 12:12 AM
Congratulations Naturaldisiac!!!!

MrsTammie
06-12-2011, 03:46 AM
I am wondering if this is what I need to do. I flat ironed my hair a month ago and now one side of my hair has natural coils and the other side has straight ends. I am so frustrated with my hair.

SheriMinx
06-12-2011, 04:25 AM
When my mom help me cut of the perm ends she left a good inch on. During that week the perm ends didn't look good so I just trimmed them off until it was all gone. Whatever feels right for you.

Congrats!!

Naturaldisiac
06-12-2011, 01:56 PM
SheriMinx--Wow if I had an inch I couldn't take it either. I am going to get mine trimmed after this weekend for sure. Thanks hun!

@MrsTammie--it maybe your issue. The lady that did my BC told me she left a little relaxer on the end so I know I need to get it cut off.

Thanks Ladies for all the advice. I am definitley going to trim them off.

lin19lyn
06-12-2011, 02:33 PM
@ Naturaldisiac: Don't know who cut your hair but is she just trying to keep you coming back to her? You can cut those babies off and you'll be all natural. Good luck!

@ MrsTammie: This is exactly why str.aight.ening hair is never advocated on this hair board-Nappturality. You have ruined your curl pattern and probably need to cut off the str.aight ends.

MyHairChroniclesCMC
06-12-2011, 02:53 PM
I am wondering if this is what I need to do. I flat ironed my hair a month ago and now one side of my hair has natural coils and the other side has straight ends. I am so frustrated with my hair.

And your hair is frustrated with you. After all, you are trying to make it look a way it wasn't meant to look. Sometimes, your hair will oblige and forgive you, but others it will tell you to go to the devil. That's the risk you take when you alter your texture.

MyHairChroniclesCMC
06-12-2011, 02:54 PM
Ok sooo I am officially one week natural!!! Wooo Hooo!!!! I have some permed ends in my hair. How long is too long to keep them on??? Thanks ladies!!!!

Meh, you already did the BC...I say get rid of the stragglers.

Good luck!

OHR
06-12-2011, 03:17 PM
And your hair is frustrated with you. After all, you are trying to make it look a way it wasn't meant to look. Sometimes, your hair will oblige and forgive you, but others it will tell you to go to the devil.
*OHR runs through NP and snatches this quote, runs out* ;)

Moderator Q
06-12-2011, 03:30 PM
Thanks ladies! Hopefully the advice you've offered to MrsTammie will help her come to a decision on what her next step is concerning her hair. ;)

-------------
Now back to the initial intent of this thread! Congrats Naturaldisiac!! :)

Naturaldisiac
06-12-2011, 04:35 PM
@lin19--I believe that could have been her intent. I want to cut them myself but I am a little afraid. I may go ahead and get my hubby to cut them.

@Myhairchronicles--thanks! I will definitely take your advice and get rid of the stragglers.

@Moderator Q--thanks for the congrats! I feel pretty good about my decision.

MyHairChroniclesCMC
06-12-2011, 05:35 PM
*OHR runs through NP and snatches this quote, runs out* ;)

*chases OHR thru the interwebs*

Hey! It took me a long time to figure that one out!!!