PDA

View Full Version : Anyone for tennis? Wimbledon 2011

Denny
06-17-2011, 10:04 AM
Ok tennis fans, get ready to visit that posh part of 'Sauf' London from Monday.:D

Denny
06-21-2011, 01:51 PM
Venus and Serena are through! Well done Serena she had to fight to make it.

GorgeousKinkz
06-21-2011, 02:19 PM
I can't believe I missed the first day! Watching andy roddick now.. I really want him to win one tournament even though I like it when federer wins. Andy deserves at least one, come on federer, be generous!

Denny
06-21-2011, 03:08 PM
Federer is not having an easy match right now so I think its a bit more open than previous years, has Nadal played yet? I'll be there tomorrow afternoon so look out for the black lady with the locs in the crowd :p It's a shame I don't have a nappturality tee shirt to wear.

GorgeousKinkz
06-21-2011, 03:17 PM
True say. I'm surprised you know. But he's a set up and may just win this game so he's in a decent position. Is it me or does he seem to not be feeling like running? I'm so jealous of you :-| :-)) Definitely will keep a look out. Do you know what court you'll be watching? Not sure if Nadal has played yet.. I only woke up at 1pm!! :p

Denny
06-21-2011, 03:36 PM
I checked the BBC Sports site, Nadal played yesterday and Federer is winning his present match since the guy he is playing is new on the circuit but he was not making it easy to him. I'll be buying a ground pass for the outer courts. My workplace has a hospitality tent so I might get lucky and get a leftover Centre Court, or Court 1 ticket tomorrow. I'm taking my 10 year old godson who plays tennis at school.
Well Federer won his match, will the former king regain his crown?

GurlwithCurls
06-22-2011, 01:49 AM
I was really touched by Serena's emotion after her win. Her health problems over the last year have been scary and life-threatening. I'm sure she wondered whether she'd be able to play again.

I'm a die-hard Nadal fan but I'm kinda feeling Federer as the winner of this tourny. That swagger he showed when he beat Djokovic at the French had me dying! I wouldn't mind if the old dude pocketed another Wimby. I'm also rooting for Roddick--I've changed my formerly negative opinion of him. Dude tries so hard and always comes up short...one Wimby title could make up for all those past Federer beatings in slam finals.

Venus is up tomorrow!

Denny
06-23-2011, 11:20 AM
I watched Roddick play yesterday. Yes, I bagged Centre Court tickets, good to have a few perks with the job. :D To be honest for Roddick to win he is going to need to play better than he did yesterday, his opponent did not make it too easy for him. (Saw the last game of the Nadal match as well, don't be jealous!:p)

Scribetastic
06-23-2011, 01:46 PM
I'm just happy that HSBC bank has it up on the big screen at Rockefeller Center (http://www.us.hsbc.com/1/2/3/personal/prom/tennis). I heard about it on NPR when Jim Courier was there announcing it.

The problem is it's rainy weather here now. I have a meeting there on Wednesdays and walked past it. If the viewing area was covered and had plugs, I would have sat there yesterday for a bit and gotten some work done. ;) However, today it's supposed to pour. I hope it will clear up, so I can maybe catch a match tomorrow. Otherwise, it will be sports bar time for me to view them or view them online. (The only negative to not having a TV is when something like Wimbledon or the Oscars is on. Maybe I'll give in and get a TV...hmmmmmm.) This also reminds me to look into getting tickets for the US Open.

GorgeousKinkz
06-23-2011, 06:50 PM
I watched Roddick play yesterday. Yes, I bagged Centre Court tickets, good to have a few perks with the job. :D To be honest for Roddick to win he is going to need to play better than he did yesterday, his opponent did not make it too easy for him. (Saw the last game of the Nadal match as well, don't be jealous!:p)

very very very jealous!!

GorgeousKinkz
06-27-2011, 03:45 PM
Ooooh venus is in trouble!! Serena already out, the world number 1 out... I don't know if venus can come back from this..

Denny
06-28-2011, 10:57 AM
Sad goodbye to the William sisters, they have a good legacy here. Well its open to any of the ladies now, the fav seems to be Sharapova but I hope someone else wins.

GorgeousKinkz
06-28-2011, 02:20 PM
Bartoli is fighting hard.. she came back from the brink; it was intriguing to watch. dunno if she's enough for lisicki, even though she did beat serena yesterday

Denny
06-29-2011, 03:31 PM
Federer is out! Tsonga beat him...well done Vive La France!

GurlwithCurls
07-01-2011, 01:12 AM
Love Tsonga, just wish he wasn't so inconsistent and chronically injured-- he actually has a 5-2 record over Djokovic, but the Serb won their most important meeting (Aussie final 2008). Allez Tsonga! Djoko is my least favorite player.

Even though Rafa is my boy now and forever, I kinda want a Murray-Tsonga final. It would be the most exciting, unpredictable match-up and we'd crown a brand new slam champ.

I'm not overly invested in the women's final, but I've never warmed up to Sharapova and I like Kvitova's big bad lefty game. I'm just not sure how she will handle her first slam final. Pova will feast upon her if she shows any sign of nerves.

Denny
07-01-2011, 03:57 PM
I suspect Shara will win even tho she does not seem to be playing her best (Grand Slam experience will beat nerves). This is the most Open Wimbledon got both gendars in a long time, Djokovic v Murray perhaps? (So far Nadal is not being his normal killer playing self, but its still early in the game).

Soul Rebel
07-03-2011, 02:43 AM
Wow. That came out of nowhere eh? Good for her. :)