PDA

View Full Version : I Need Transitioning Hair Help & Encouragement!

diamonddollfab
08-04-2011, 03:10 AM
HEYY!!!
Im Diamond!
Short Hair Don't Care! :)

I just Began Transitioning A Few Weeks Ago!
I Got Discouraged 2 months ago and Got A Perm After Being 3 Months Post-Relaxer.
So.... Im Trying Again!
I Have A WAAYYY Better Mind Set Now!

I've Done Quite A Bit Of Research But Im Still Unsure.

I Need hairstyles for short haired transitioners, regimens or products that work for anybody, & ,or
a strong support system/ buddy that i can go through this with! :)

Thanks In Advance! :)
-Diamond <3

Resh238
08-04-2011, 05:27 AM
Hi Diamond! Welcome to the Napptural club!! I first transitioned unintentionally, I was living in an area that had no natural hair care salons and few natural hair care products. That was in 1998-99. In the latter half of of 98, I stopped perming my hair without even thinking about it. I did flat twists, braids, ponytails, twist/braid outs, etc. My BC came on my Born Day 2000. I felt so free!! Unfortunately, I went back to perming 2 months later. However, I switched back and forth for a few years and in 2007, I completely left perms alone. I transitioned growing the perm out. All of that to say ... we know we want to be natural, but there may be elements in our lives that try to deter us. Focus on what is best for you, not what others have to say.

As for styles, I'm not sure how short your hair is, but you can always do braids, wigs, comb twists(this was one of my faves for short hair), even wash and go. Products will take some testing. I have used KC Knot Today and Custard with success, Organic Root Stimulator Lock & Twist Gel, and Olive Oil Moisturizing Lotion. Herbal Essences Hello Hydration works for natural hair too. I'm trying new products so that's all I have for now. Best wishes on the transition.

diamond4b
11-16-2011, 07:41 PM
hey Diamond,

my name is diamond tooo && im 16 going on 17! lol , we must be twins

anyways while i have never transitioned i know that getting extensions in braid or twist form can help to grow your hair out and i think that bantu knot out looks great on transitioning hair

hoped i helped, diamond

ittybittybat
11-16-2011, 08:38 PM
Welcome! I didn't transition (just stopped pressing my hair), but don't get discouraged! And dont give up and perm it again. Trust me, the time you spend waiting for your hair to grow, the prettier it will be. :)

Vee2014
11-22-2011, 01:34 AM
Hey! I'm Vee. I'll be turning 16 next month. My hair is currently in it's relaxed state. I am tired of gettin perms, and having to deal with its burdens!!:(I have researched and researched and found alot of information about going natural, and i am positive that going natural is the best thing for me. I 'm having a hard time trying to get my parents to support me. Right now I do not receive an income, so it would be hard for me to go natural without having the right products to start transitionaing. If any you could give me advice with dealing with this situation it would be really helpful.

Hadasah
11-22-2011, 06:52 PM
Hey, guys! I'm so proud of you all. I was, uh... 16 when I finally cut all my relaxed hair off (it's only been 5 years, and I'm already struggling to remember. SMH). Anyway, I just want to give you encouragement, and you ladies are definitely not alone. At Walgreens, SheaMoisture's got this transitioning kit and for a little while, you can buy 4 trial-size products for $20. That product line is AWESOME. Otherwise, there's no better time than now to start experimenting with natural ingredients like olive/coconut/jojoba/etc oil, aloe vera, apple cider vinegar, honey, eggs, mixing all that with a cheap $2 conditioner, and so on.

Olahh
11-22-2011, 08:24 PM
Good luck with ur transition.

I got single braids over a period of 6 to 9 months before I big chopped.

diamonddollfab
12-09-2011, 01:29 AM
THANKS EVERYBODY FOR YOUR TIPS & WHATNOT!
I transition 5 months and now I have a TWA! :)