PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone make homemade products for your home...

Moxie574
05-04-2003, 04:29 AM
A few years ago I got into detoxing your body and read a few good books on doing so. Sadly I lack the uhm self-control to really commit to them for them for more than a day but they had alot of great ideas on purifying you home and what not. These books are what lead me to shower filters, water purifers, clean air plants and aromathrapy. From there I began to learn about making hair and beauty products..which I kinda forgot about until I found this site. But I also began making products for my home, figureing whatever I put into the water and air all comes back around to me eventually. Anyways I have a few recipies that I use on a regular basis like A gentle window cleaner, Furniture polish (which smells great when you add essential oils), Dusting spray, Pine Cleaner and also a Lemon Fresh Cleaner. All of them work great and I don't worry about putting them in my water supply. I was just wondering if anyone else made products like these or had any recipes they wanted to share..

kudurunzinga
05-04-2003, 12:14 PM
Good question, Moxie! I am also interested in creating home products, but don't quite know where to start. I have been looking through a couple of book, but really haven't had much time to experiment. When I get the time I will post some receipes and results. :D

jazzypom
05-04-2003, 03:46 PM
well, i have used e.o.s in water to clean the sinks and bathtubs. I also spray e.o.s on the floor while cleaning. My favorate e.o.'s for this are bay, lemon, geranium and lavendar.

Na
05-05-2003, 04:48 AM
I also began making products for my home, figureing whatever I put into the water and air all comes back around to me eventually. Anyways I have a few recipies that I use on a regular basis like A gentle window cleaner, Furniture polish (which smells great when you add essential oils), Dusting spray, Pine Cleaner and also a Lemon Fresh Cleaner. All of them work great and I don't worry about putting them in my water supply. I was just wondering if anyone else made products like these or had any recipes they wanted to share..

@Moxie, Please post your receipes! :) Especially the dusting spray.
I basically use only baking soda, ammonia, and eos but welcome all new receipes

Moxie574
05-05-2003, 03:31 PM
Ok well I can't take credit for these recipes some I got online but most came from the book "Natural cleaning for your Home"

For some of these you have make to make the ingredients...

Basic Recipe for gentle Liquid soap blend
1/4 cup gentle castile soap or gentle glycerine soap (shredded with a cheese grater)
3/4 cup boiling water
all you do is mis the soap flakes and the water and stir until the have dissloved and thats your gentle soap base for some of the cleaning products I will list. Its good for 4 -6 months

Pine Cleaner
1 cup liquid soap blend
1/2 cup pine oil or extract
6 cups warm water

Mix ingredients together in spray bottle shake and go. Good for 6-9 months

Lemon Fresh CLeaner
1 cup liquid soap blend
1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon
1/4 eyedropper of tea-tree extract
6 cups warm water

Mix together in a spray bottle and go. Good for 9-10 months

Furniture dusting spray
1/2 cup apricot kernel oil
1 tablespoon isopropyl alcohol
3 tablespoons of liquid soap blend
1 cup of distilled water

Shake together spray on and wipe off

Basic furniture polish
1/2 cup sweet almond oil
1 tablespoon wheatgerm oil
1tablespoon melted beeswax
2 tablespoons red turkey oil
several drop of essential oil (optional)

Mix all of the ingredients together to make a nice polished for dry wood without a heavy finish

venisa27
05-06-2003, 11:56 PM
http://www.recipegoldmine.com/

I like this site it gives a lot of good recipes
I have tried some and plan on trying more.

Hope this site is helpful