Football season is FINALLY here.

so excited.
:D

discuss.. trashtalk..rant..

GO!

MissL2911
09-09-2011, 12:17 PM
*clears throat*

So how do ya like that opening night game???? Awesome!!!

Aaron Rodgers letting everyone know who's wearing the belt!!!!

Randall Cobb 108 yard kickoff return for a touchdown.....woooooo!!!!

So yeah.....The Pack is Back......

I have nothing personal against the Saints but Drew Brees.....eff yo couch.....

GalaxyGirl2012
09-10-2011, 02:48 AM
but Drew Brees.....eff yo couch.....
:-))

so come to find out comcash doesn't have any useful nfl plan and i dont want that red zone thing that only brings you the touchdowns. i want to see the games i want to see {o

so i might just watch eagles games at a local cheesesteak place when their games aren't shown on tv.

oh i have a date coming over sunday for dinner. he's german and isn't a big american football fan. i hope this mofo understands that sunday's a football day, don't expect rousing conversation unless there's a commercial or half time :-))

MissL2911
09-10-2011, 02:46 PM
:-))

so come to find out comcash doesn't have any useful nfl plan and i dont want that red zone thing that only brings you the touchdowns. i want to see the games i want to see {o

so i might just watch eagles games at a local cheesesteak place when their games aren't shown on tv.

oh i have a date coming over sunday for dinner. he's german and isn't a big american football fan. i hope this mofo understands that sunday's a football day, don't expect rousing conversation unless there's a commercial or half time :-))

LOL! Girl I'll never forget the first time my bf asked me out on a date was a Sunday night right when football season started. Green Bay was playing Sunday night football...I said ohhh sorry I can't.....it's football season you know!

He said: Will you marry me? LMAO.....Went out on a Tuesday night instead :D

MommieDearest
09-11-2011, 02:53 AM
I am SO glad they settled this lock-out thing because I can. not. function. without my NFL in the fall. During the summer I was all like "What us gon' do? What us gon' DO?!!"

The opening nite game was an exciting barn -burner. But dang, neither team really wanted to play defense.

Being a Falcons fan, I was glad to see the Pack defeat our division rival. But I have to say that "Drew Brees" is the coolest. name. EVER. for a quarterback. LOL!!

MommieDearest
09-11-2011, 02:59 AM
LOL! Girl I'll never forget the first time my bf asked me out on a date was a Sunday night right when football season started. Green Bay was playing Sunday night football...I said ohhh sorry I can't.....it's football season you know!

He said: Will you marry me? LMAO.....Went out on a Tuesday night instead :D

Classic!

But seriously, don't sleep... Your boyfriend has filed that bit of info away in his MissL2911 folder. The fact that I'm an avid sports fan (and a passionate football fan) is one of the things that impressed my husband the most when we were dating. He was in awe that I had a complete grasp of the game and a genuine love for it.

Derp
09-11-2011, 06:44 AM
Daaaaaaaaaaa Bears.

Let's get it.

MissL2911
09-11-2011, 04:10 PM
Classic!

But seriously, don't sleep... Your boyfriend has filed that bit of info away in his MissL2911 folder. The fact that I'm an avid sports fan (and a passionate football fan) is one of the things that impressed my husband the most when we were dating. He was in awe that I had a complete grasp of the game and a genuine love for it.

I can imagine....This time of year is better than Christmas to me......I am like a kid in a candy store when the season starts...I have a love for this game that is out of this world..In fact I plan to go to Atlanta for Week 5 Falcons/Packers Sunday Night Football....

Likewise I'll be hoping the Falcons win cause you guys are playing the Bears today....Let's get at it!!!

GalaxyGirl2012
09-11-2011, 04:33 PM
grrrr gotta go run to get my workout in.. i'll be watching part of my DREAM TEAM

MissL2911
09-11-2011, 04:37 PM
grrrr gotta go run to get my workout in.. i'll be watching part of my DREAM TEAM

Lol everyone picking the Rams to beat ya'll today....
I hope ya'll don't be like the Miami Heat.....All hype up to choke in the end :D

GalaxyGirl2012
09-11-2011, 08:03 PM
Lol everyone picking the Rams to beat ya'll today....football pundits and their picks :-))

MissL2911
09-11-2011, 10:24 PM
football pundits and their picks :-))

I know right! Everyone picked the Steelers too and look how they stunk it up today

How is your friend enjoying the games? :D

GalaxyGirl2012
09-11-2011, 10:54 PM
I know right! Everyone picked the Steelers too and look how they stunk it up today

How is your friend enjoying the games? :D
i had to reschedule. i wasnt feeling well friday and saturday and just didnt feel like cleaning my apartment, trying to cook and trying to look cute while having company.

besides that, i'm having some crazy coughing spells that are fun to watch or hear.

MommieDearest
09-12-2011, 01:19 AM
I can imagine....This time of year is better than Christmas to me......I am like a kid in a candy store when the season starts...I have a love for this game that is out of this world..In fact I plan to go to Atlanta for Week 5 Falcons/Packers Sunday Night Football....

Likewise I'll be hoping the Falcons win cause you guys are playing the Bears today....Let's get at it!!!

Daggone Falcons really stunk up the joint today!

My husband will be at the Greenbay game. I might come with him if we can get a sitter.

MissL2911
09-12-2011, 02:00 AM
Daggone Falcons really stunk up the joint today!

My husband will be at the Greenbay game. I might come with him if we can get a sitter.

Yeah I am trying to get my seats on the 30 behind the Packers bench so I can see Greg Jennings.....wooo hoooo :D

MommieDearest
09-19-2011, 06:42 PM
GO FALCONS!!

Great win over the Eagles last night. Very exciting game, down to the last minute.

GalaxyGirl2012
10-02-2011, 10:15 PM
at this stage i'm just hoping the eagles play the rest of this season to the same spectacular defeats we've seen the past 3 games. the only reason we've got to playoffs the past years have been lucky breaks and talent on the field in spite of the dumb coaching and time mismanagement decisions from the coaching staff.

for the first time in forever i watched the post game interview on the eagles website because that loss was just crushing.. i can't believe andy reid was stupid enough to admit to coasting when they had the lead.... saying something as stupid as "they won because they scored more points than we did".

with the team we have and the amount of $$ that's been paid, the only thing that's going to help us win a championship is the front office to hire a new coach.

MissL2911
10-03-2011, 01:50 AM
at this stage i'm just hoping the eagles play the rest of this season to the same spectacular defeats we've seen the past 3 games. the only reason we've got to playoffs the past years have been lucky breaks and talent on the field in spite of the dumb coaching and time mismanagement decisions from the coaching staff.

for the first time in forever i watched the post game interview on the eagles website because that loss was just crushing.. i can't believe andy reid was stupid enough to admit to coasting when they had the lead.... saying something as stupid as "they won because they scored more points than we did".

with the team we have and the amount of $$ that's been paid, the only thing that's going to help us win a championship is the front office to hire a new coach.

Quite franlkly, I am suprised that Reid has lasted as long as he had. The Eagles are known for playoff near misses and choking at key moments when they do it make it.

I will also say that I feel a twinge of sympathy for Vick because he is doing what he can to will that team to win and is taking a beating week for week...It really is not his fault that they are 1-3. The Eagles defense is not good enough to be 'coasting' with a lead - they have proven this year that they cannot stop opposing teams from scoring despite all that money they shelled out in free agency.

Which brings me to my final point - the level of ridiculousness that is attached to this Dream Team thing...someone should kick Vince Young right in the throat. This team has done nothing to show that they are deserving of this title and its a slap in the face to the other legitimate NFC playoff contenders....and every time the chalk up a loss, it makes them look all the more silly....

GalaxyGirl2012
10-03-2011, 02:20 AM
Which brings me to my final point - the level of ridiculousness that is attached to this Dream Team thing...someone should kick Vince Young right in the throat. This team has done nothing to show that they are deserving of this title and its a slap in the face to the other legitimate NFC playoff contenders....and every time the chalk up a loss, it makes them look all the more silly....
so this weekend i screwed up a cake i was making from scratch..spectacularly..

i had all the right ingredients...followed the instructions for assembling, but i a) didnt take into account that i'm still learning how to cook with gas and b)didn't take into account that i get distracted easily so forgot to set the timer.

so the cake was a burned mess :-))

i think my baking experience is like coaching. there's only so much you can blame the ingredients when you have a crap baker. reid and his coaching staff have all these great A+ ingredients and tons of C+ ingredients. it's up to him and the rest of the coaching staff to make sure the ingredients are put together correctly. at this stage they're just throwing stuff in a mixing bowl, miing it up and throwing it the oven hoping things work out well.

now sometimes that can work (ie that's how i make meatloaf and mac n cheese) but those are just lucky breaks since it's the same sloppy technique.

what's annoying me about the eagles situation is that the players are like "maybe i should have done better." there's like way too many individual efforts on that team and not enough team cohesiveness. that's where a good coach comes in. they also need somebody like reggie white used to be who can rally the defense. i saw nothing of the sort in those defensive huddles.

MissL2911
10-16-2011, 04:54 PM
Wassup pplz??? Week 6 - Who ya'll liking today???

GalaxyGirl2012
10-16-2011, 05:51 PM
i'm not that excited about football this year :(

i think the main reason is because i can t see eagles games. that was fine the past seasons because i could just go to an eagles bar to watch. but now living on the west coast, the majority of the eagles games so far have started at 10 AM my time. considering that the eagles bar in san fran is good 60-90 minutes away from me do to the crappiness of the MUNI i'd have to get up at 7 to go watch {o

in any case i just found a way today to listen online and once i can figure it out on my phone (without it buffering like crazy!) then i'll probably be more excited...

next year i'm definitely getting directtv

MissL2911
10-17-2011, 10:16 AM
Understood. I mean I don't even live in the US....NFL is a big thing here though and the majority of people here pull for Dolphins, Cowboys or Steelers...I may know about 5 Packers fans here lololol.....So watching games here gets a little comical.....

It's getting better tho people here paying attention to the Packers now :D

Savantrice
10-22-2011, 07:57 PM
I just got put on http://Firstrowsports.tv which is good for watching games online. Plus the delay is only about 20 seconds!
Bears are having s schizophrenic year, hoping to finish ovet .500 at this point

cheetarah19
12-12-2011, 04:13 AM
GIANTS!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! So freaking happy! G-Men!

MommieDearest
01-25-2012, 01:39 AM
Super Bowl Sunday is coming soon.

While the Pats have payback on thier minds from when the Giants spoiled their perfect season in the 2008 Superbowl, I'm going with the Giants for the repeat.

Who ya got?

MissL2911
01-26-2012, 12:38 AM
I always go with the NFC Team so Giants it is....

purplekuush
01-29-2012, 03:01 PM
As much as I hate NE lol I am going with them. Here in the south there are so many New Yorkers living here that constantly talk trash about southern people and the south in general. I hope the Pats make their football off season extra long!

Sorry G Men fans.

PS - my team is Baitmore

Savantrice
02-01-2012, 12:57 AM
I'm going with the Giants on this one...Eli's gonna win it in Peyton's backyard :)
Really I'm just hoping for a good game this year, no blowouts!

Shira La Cocolita
02-05-2012, 10:56 PM
Let's Go Giants! Im from NY, but live in Boston. I can't take their trash talk! I need the Gmen to win!

GalaxyGirl2012
02-05-2012, 11:10 PM
rooting for the giants as well.

Intellexual
02-05-2012, 11:32 PM
Weatherford for MVP, thus far.

BLUELOCS
02-06-2012, 12:22 AM
Am I he only one that things Tom Brady resembles Dexter!? :-) the game is heating up!

GalaxyGirl2012
02-06-2012, 12:23 AM
halftime show was WEAK.

it's time madonna realized that insisting on pretending like she's not ageing by having so much surgery done to her face just makes her seem older. her dance moves were WHACK and the whole thing was just strange.

oh and i'm a madonna fan :-))

loved the guest performers though. cee lo is my chocolate gummi bear

and yes brady does resemble michael c hall. it's that's neanderthalish brow ridge. to be missing links, i think they're both pretty hot :-))

lin19lyn
02-06-2012, 12:59 AM
I just saw the video in the Celeberie for the cheerleading song that Madonna did at halftime with N. Minaj. Seems odd for Madonna to be a cheerleader at her age...I'm just saying...

BLUELOCS
02-06-2012, 01:08 AM
and yes brady does resemble michael c hall. it's that's neanderthalish brow ridge. to be missing links, i think they're both pretty hot :-))

:-)) agreed

Intellexual
02-06-2012, 01:35 AM
Yay! @ That catch. =) That's good stuff after the no call.

BLUELOCS
02-06-2012, 01:47 AM
Can New England pull this one off?!

Intellexual
02-06-2012, 02:07 AM
I want the Ravens to win next year, if they still have Ed Reed and Ray Lewis. I still hope Weatherford gets the MVP. The Giants would have had no chance if the Patriots were up by two touchdowns.

lin19lyn
02-06-2012, 02:10 AM
That was an exciting end to the game. (I had no preference of team since the BEARS weren't in it.)

chachadiva
02-06-2012, 02:10 AM
I have a parade to go to. :D

Karibana
02-06-2012, 02:29 AM
My dad is a Jets fan but I know he'll be attending the "Tom Brady lost" parade :-))

Shira La Cocolita
02-06-2012, 03:58 AM
Yay!!!! Giants kicked Patsie tail! I will have the biggest smile on my face at work tomorrow! No trash talk from the Brother in Law either!

MommieDearest
02-07-2012, 04:04 AM
I'm all late but YAAAAAAYYYYY GIANTS!

Soul Rebel
03-22-2012, 01:46 AM
Wow what the heck went on with the Saints!?!?!?!?

Bump!

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

MommieDearest
09-25-2012, 05:27 PM
Any thoughts about the replacement refs and the chatter surrounding them?

Savantrice
09-26-2012, 12:51 AM
Umm, I'm a die-hard Bears fan, and I was even able to dredge up a bit of sympathy for the Pack last night! Goodness gracious. Talk about a play that will live on in infamy.

Luckily its still early in the season, but these bogus calls are costing teams wins/causing losses which is unacceptable. I was nervous during the first couple weeks when I saw the refs losing control of the games, but if the Bears lost a game behind some shoddy play-calling like what we saw last night, I'd be apoplectic.

I can only hope that what happened this weekend will be enough to get the REAL refs and their opposition (team owners??) back to the table to hammer out an agreement. I miss Ed Hochuli and Mike Carey....

Savantrice
09-27-2012, 01:11 PM
aaaaannnddd, the lockout's over! Real refs should be officiating tonight's game...something tells me they may get louder cheers than the players tonight

Soul Rebel
09-30-2012, 09:15 PM
^ I'm not a Football person but all of my football friends were at the end of their existence over the temp refs and then whatever that was that happened last week w/ Seahawks vs. Packers... I knew folks who were ready to take up arms over that one. LOL :-))

Savantrice
10-01-2012, 02:15 AM
^pretty much! I know a few people that were ready to start boycotting....I'm too weak for the NFL so I just stuck with complaining :-))

Anyone here play in a fantasy league? I am and currently undefeated...that may not last because my opponent had Peyton and he lit the Raiders up today :-/ Fingers crossed the Bears dominate tomorrow night (I'm starting Cutler and Gould....Go Bears!)

GalaxyGirl2012
10-01-2012, 04:25 AM
i like the idea of a fantasy league but i dont have the attention span with the NFL to keep track of anything besides the 1-2 games per week i'm interested in and sometimes not even those :-))

so i have anetwork of people on mfp who are nfl fans and every week we do a fitness challenge. whoever loses has to do a crazy workout. this week i was involved in something with giants fans and i'm so glad the eagles won because the fitness challenge was a crazy burpee pullup workout

CCmomof5
10-02-2012, 01:49 AM
I wish I had the time for doing the whole fantasy league thing. Love me some football!! I've been more into college so far this year, but the Falcons might just get me all the way back into the NFL!!

i like the idea of a fantasy league but i dont have the attention span with the NFL to keep track of anything besides the 1-2 games per week i'm interested in and sometimes not even those :-))

so i have anetwork of people on mfp who are nfl fans and every week we do a fitness challenge. whoever loses has to do a crazy workout. this week i was involved in something with giants fans and i'm so glad the eagles won because the fitness challenge was a crazy burpee pullup workout

Hey I just got active (again) on MFP - what's your username on there? I'd love to add you AND join this nfl fans network - if its open to anyone. That would REALLY add to my accountability, which I really need!

Savantrice
10-02-2012, 02:37 AM
I just had this conversation with someone earlier: Fantasy football doesnt take much time outside of the initial draft. Beyond that, it takes me 10 mins max per week to adjust my roster (switch from bench, or pick up off waivers). Plus its only 13/14 weeks (minus "playoffs" during the last couple weeks). Nothing nearly as time consuming as basketball, or *shudder*, fantasy baseball which I imagine must be like a part time job. Dont let fear of a lot of time commitment scare you if you want to do it!

Meanwhile, Bear down! The more frustrated Romo gets the happier I am...I despise the Cowboys with every fiber of my being.

GalaxyGirl2012
10-02-2012, 03:10 AM
I wish I had the time for doing the whole fantasy league thing. Love me some football!! I've been more into college so far this year, but the Falcons might just get me all the way back into the NFL!!

Hey I just got active (again) on MFP - what's your username on there? I'd love to add you AND join this nfl fans network - if its open to anyone. That would REALLY add to my accountability, which I really need!

i'm meshashesha2012

GalaxyGirl2012
10-02-2012, 03:22 AM
Meanwhile, Bear down! The more frustrated Romo gets the happier I am...I despise the Cowboys with every fiber of my being.

I HATE THE COWBOYS!!!! and that's not even because i'm an eagles fan. the 2 hings are exclusive. i hated the cowboys since I was a kid and only started liking the eagles in college

CCmomof5
10-02-2012, 11:46 AM
I have a hate/love relationship with the Cowboys. During most of my years as a NFL fan, I absolutely hated them - just couldn't stand the idea of jumping on the "America's team" bandwagon. My hubby, however, is a diehard Cowboy fan. So even though I talk junk about them to him, I secretly want them to win because it makes him happy. But when you play like 'oh no Romo' did last night, it's hard to support that! Unless I go back to rooting for the underdogs like I used to do all the time. :-|

Savantrice
10-02-2012, 12:40 PM
My hubby, however, is a diehard Cowboy fan.

And you guys still made it to the altar? :huh:

lol, i kid!...kinda:*\

CCmomof5
10-02-2012, 01:03 PM
:-))!! Thankfully he had enough going for himself that I was able to forgive that poor team choice!! :-))

Savantrice
10-07-2012, 11:54 PM
^awww, hope you still yank his chain every once in a while about it. :)

meanwhile, BEAR DOWN! Bears D in BEAST MODE! Division title anyone?

MommieDearest
10-08-2012, 03:33 PM
I'm a diehard football fan and the reason I don't get in the fantasy league is that I'm too lazy. LOL!!!! I have enough stuff to think about and deal with, so I just don't want to be bothered with it.

I also have a love/hate thing with the Cowboys. Mostly love though. I started watching football because of them. One Sunday afternoon my grandfather was watching a Cowboys game when I came in the livingroom and saw #33 Tony Dorsett. I thought he was soooooo cute and immediately developed school-girl crush on him. I made it a point to watch the Cowboys every time they came on television. I would follow the game as best I could and ask questions. My grandfather patiently answered my questions (I think he got a kick out of a little girl wanting to watch football) and pretty soon I understood the game. Eventually my love for football grew beyond Dorsett (I liked Staubach and "Too Tall" Jones and Landry's suits and hats), and the Cowboys (to this day, I can watch a football game for the joy of the game- it doesn't matter who's playing).

Then came the 80's and the Danny White years. *sigh* The Cowboys sucked for a loooooooong time, and I (kind of) put them down. I know, I'm SO fair-weather- LOL!

They got hot again in the mid-late 90's and I jumped back on their band wagon.

Now it looks like it's back to being awful again for them, but I still root for them for sentimental reasons. I actually feel bad for Romo because he comes across as a really nice person. I like to see genuinely nice people do well.

And with that, GO DIRTY BIRDS!!!! FIVE-OH, FIVE-OH, FIVE-OH!!!! *does the cabbage patch*

QueenLocks
10-30-2012, 04:11 PM
My team is 7 & 0 ​:)
Go Falcons!!!!

CCmomof5
10-30-2012, 09:49 PM
My team is 7 & 0 ​:)
Go Falcons!!!!

Yes ma'am!! Goooo FALCONS!!!!

Savantrice
11-03-2012, 02:21 AM
@MommyDearest: that is so cute :) That was my Dad and I, back in the day with the Bulls. I had a monster crush on BJ Armstrong in grade school/junior high *sigh*

I'll give you all props on the Falcons being the last ones standing. but Bears are right behind at 6-1 (tho' that last game was uuuuugggllyy)

Romo seems link a nice guy? He always seems like he has that annoying smirk on his face. Ugh. Cant talk though, Cutler always has a snarl, but I dont mind. He is a "bear".
My grown-woman crush is Israel Idonije *swoon* He seems like such a sweetie pie...

Napia Mia
11-03-2012, 03:23 AM
Ok, I know y'all talkin' pros here. But I was just watching the local news and had to do a double-take when they were talking about high school football. Did I hear them right? Did they just say that North High had the best football team in the state? I'm 52 and I graduated in 1979 and North has always had the most sucko team in the whole city. So just dang, when did this happen. I'm so excited. I might just have to go to the state finals. They just won their first game in the state finals and are moving on. Woohoo! Go Vikes!

Sorry this is about high school football, but I'm damn near giddy about this with nowhere else to post and share.

Carry on!

chachadiva
11-03-2012, 09:13 PM
They just won their first game in the state finals and are moving on. Woohoo! Go Vikes!

Sorry this is about high school football, but I'm damn near giddy about this with nowhere else to post and share.

Carry on!
I'll be excited with you. GO VIKES!!

Napia Mia
11-04-2012, 04:17 AM
thanks chacha! And I guess I have to correct my post. They were in the first round of the state finals and won that game so they move on to the next round. Honestly, they've been such a non factor for so many years that I really never paid that much attention to them. Even when I was in high school they sucked. We NEVER even won our homecoming games. Not once while I was there. One time we even ran the ball the wrong direction and scored for the other side.

***hangs head*** remembering that game. When they showed the highlights from that game Friday night on the news, the running back was shaking off tackles like a pro. I was SCREAMING. LOL! It's so cool to be excited for North for once. I think it's even better because my niece in a senior this year at North and it would be great for the football team to take state this year, her last year there. Now it would really be great if her basketball team, on which she's been a starter for the past four years, would get their act together to have a great season....

Ah...another post for another time and a different thread.

Savantrice
11-04-2012, 06:05 PM
rooting for your team NM! My high school mascot was also the Vikings, and we did win state while I was there which was awesome! Hope the same for your niece, its a ton of fun :)

Meanwhile, the Bears are tearing up the Titans! 28-2 at the end of the first quarter (ouch), I'm really feeling for Tennesse's fans right now...its a hot mess...they cant keep the ball for more than a minute!

Oh, and I will be rooting for the Dirty Birdz tonight, hope they rip those 'Boys a new one!

ETA: dont think I mentioned it earlier in the thread, but for those wanting to watch games out of their market, or just want to watch while away from home (which I am right now)...www.firstrowsports.eu (http://www.firstrowsports.eu) is the best. Free site, minimal pop ups, and most major sports (american football, soccer, basketball, baseball, tennis, etc)

GalaxyGirl2012
11-05-2012, 12:15 AM
i usually watch on wiziwig.tv since eagles sunday games are never shown here unless it's a night game.
i'll also be cheering for the falcons but that's mainly because i hate the cowboys.

congrats to your HS school team NM!!

Napia Mia
11-10-2012, 03:20 AM
congrats to your HS school team NM!!
Thanks. Just watched the news highlights of tonight's game. We won 30 to 17. We're going to STATE! I wanna go so badly. I'ma see if my sister will make the road trip with me.

MommieDearest
11-11-2012, 08:40 PM
I knew we couldn't go undefeated for the season and would lose eventually. But to lose to the SAINTS?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m61joquHbP1r5c9si.gif

CCmomof5
11-11-2012, 08:49 PM
I knew we couldn't go undefeated for the season and would lose eventually. But to lose to the SAINTS?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m61joquHbP1r5c9si.gif

I KNOW!!!! :(o)

Savantrice
11-12-2012, 12:33 AM
you two are cracking me up!

my condolences to those Eagles fans out there...so salty that they got beat by the Cowboys :( My question now: when is the timer going off on Reid's tenure as head coach? And is Vick at risk too (even with that fat contract)?

meanwhile: BEAR DOWN! Seven seconds in and they've already got a booth review....

Napia Mia
11-18-2012, 06:06 AM
Thanks. Just watched the news highlights of tonight's game. We won 30 to 17. We're going to STATE! I wanna go so badly. I'ma see if my sister will make the road trip with me.

My sis is going to drive down so we can go see the state tournament. I just so excited. North High had a big celebration Friday after school. This is REALLY big for them and us alumnae too!!!!!

In other news, my college team is ONE game away from a bowl game. Woohoo.

In still other news, I was soooooo rooting for Wisconsin this afternoon. I really HATE the buckeyes...lol! Uggghhh!!!

Savantrice
11-20-2012, 02:57 AM
^Hope you and sis have fun, sounds exciting!

Meanwhile, last week's Bear's game ended badly, and this one against the 49ers is even worse!! Aaaaahhh....can't even (totally) blame Jason Campbell...but yeah, when is Jay coming back? :-(

Napia Mia
11-20-2012, 05:32 AM
^Hope you and sis have fun, sounds exciting!

Halftime it's still zero to zero. But everything heats up in the third quarter. We score the first TD, and the Vikes are on the board 7 to zero.

Mustangs score next but it's just a field goal. So now it's Vikes 7 and Mustangs 3.

Mustangs score next and now it's Mustangs 10 and Vikes 7.

Fourth quarter action. Ball changes hands a couple of time with no one scoring.

With FIVE minutes left we're still down by three. We just CAN'T lose this game. Can we do this? Could something go our way...just once? My heart is racing so much so that I feel frozen in the moment. I can't cheer, I can't move. They've got the ball and in the end zone, they fumble. YES! Is this our gift? Can we convert? We power down the field quickly, and throw a pass for a TD that puts us up by three. It's 14 to 10. But we don't eat up enough time on the clock. I'm still scared. There's still plenty of time for a team that's getting a first down on every carry to get down the field and score. I'm shaking like a leaf. All I can do is pace back and fourth. Can North somehow pull this off? The Mustangs are UNDEFEATED and they've been to state SEVEN times. Not sure what their record is, but can we really pull off this upset?

Dang if we don't march down the field and score a quick TD. Our crowd erupts with a deafening roar. Not only is the school here in force, alumni have come out in droves to support this team. I see this guy with an old style North High cardigan sweater on with '79 on the sleeve. Hey that's the year I graduated. I wonder if I know him.

Ok, I snap back to the game. Everyone on our side is celebrating — except me. I look at my brother-in-law and he's screaming "We got this!" I shake my head and say, "There's too much time on the clock, and they're marching the ball down the field with precision. He shakes his head, but my mind KNOWS there's too much time left on the clock. Yeah, I'm a pessimist (sp?) when it comes to my favorite sports teams — particularly when it comes to North. That's been our luck forever. We get so close, but we still manage to lose. So I'm not ready to celebrate.

Hopefully I'm wrong. There's at least 1:45 left on the clock. Maybe luck will be on our side this time, that combined with some skill will help us turn this game our way. If we play this right, even if they score, we'll have possesion, and we could run the clock down and still score and win. I know it's possible. We just have to be on our A game these last few seconds of the game.

And one more time, they break through our defense, march right back down the field and score. With exactly ONE MINUTE left on the clock, we're back down by three. We throw some awesome passes and make it inside the Mustangs 25. First and 10. Incomplete pass right in the end zone. 2nd and 10. Incomplete pass and five yard penalty against the Vikes. 19 seconds left. 3rd and 15. Incomplete pass. Not good. Do we go for it or at least try to tie it and go into overtime. Vikes call a time out to discuss what to do. I honestly don't think we're playing well enough to win in OT. I THINK we should go for it. But then again, they're covering all of our receivers exceptionally well right now. Perhaps that's what the coaches were thinking too because they decide to go for a tie. Kick a field goal.

Well, we MISSED the daggone field goal! The kick was really pitiful. I can still see it in slow motion. The ball turning end over end and missing the inside of the uprights by a mile to the left. But I don't blame the kicker, I blame the team for the stupid penalty that obviously put the option for a field goal out of the kicker's range...po little guy. Five seconds left. Clock ticks down. North's first trip EVER to state. Final score Vikes 14 - Mustangs 17.

I swear when it comes to North this is our story, this is our song. We just keep losing all the day long.

***sigh***

I'm soooooooooooooo sad. It was a good game though, but I'm ooooooooh so sad. It was a long 45 minute ride back. I sighed repeatedly all the way back. My brother-in-law drives like a freaking maniac. He tailgates EVERYBODY. He usually makes me so nervous. But I was so dispondent I barely noticed on the way back.

I'm soooooooo sad y'all. DAMN, DAMN, DAMN. Where's that Florida giff when I need it.

GalaxyGirl2012
11-20-2012, 07:18 AM
you two are cracking me up!

my condolences to those Eagles fans out there...so salty that they got beat by the Cowboys :( My question now: when is the timer going off on Reid's tenure as head coach? And is Vick at risk too (even with that fat contract)?

meanwhile: BEAR DOWN! Seven seconds in and they've already got a booth review....
i cant even talk about it. i'm still an eagles fan. i'll watch the games. i hope foles gets to practice a bit more, but for the rest of the season i'll really be cheering for the packers. this season is a wash for the eagles.. again :(

Savantrice
11-20-2012, 10:23 PM
So sorry NM :-( November has just been a bad month for the home (and fantasy) teams....it's little solace but North obviously had a great season to get to State in the first place.

On a positive note, you might consider a 2nd career in sports journalism! ohmygoodness, the passage below had me on the edge of my seat!

And one more time, they break through our defense, march right back down the field and score. With exactly ONE MINUTE left on the clock, we're back down by three. We throw some awesome passes and make it inside the Mustangs 25. First and 10. Incomplete pass right in the end zone. 2nd and 10. Incomplete pass and five yard penalty against the Vikes. 19 seconds left. 3rd and 15. Incomplete pass. Not good. Do we go for it or at least try to tie it and go into overtime. Vikes call a time out to discuss what to do. I honestly don't think we're playing well enough to win in OT. I THINK we should go for it. But then again, they're covering all of our receivers exceptionally well right now. Perhaps that's what the coaches were thinking too because they decide to go for a tie. Kick a field goal.

Napia Mia
11-21-2012, 04:00 AM
So sorry NM :-( November has just been a bad month for the home (and fantasy) teams....it's little solace but North obviously had a great season to get to State in the first place.
Yeah I know. I'm still a little bummed about this but I'm slowly recovering. LOL!

On a positive note, you might consider a 2nd career in sports journalism! ohmygoodness, the passage below had me on the edge of my seat!LOL! Sometimes I amaze myself!

CCmomof5
11-24-2012, 11:27 PM
These college games today have been crazy! And after the FSU loss to the dadgum Gators - I need a DRANK!! :(o)

Napia Mia
12-02-2012, 01:59 AM
***sigh*** My college team is being stomped, beat down, steam rolled, shellacked, struck down, shredded, killed, bulldozed (I'll be back when I think of some more adjectives.)

All this before half time.

What happened to our defense? Where's our offense. It's 42 to 10. I don't know how you regroup to overcome a deficit like this in the second half.

Napia Mia
12-02-2012, 02:13 AM
Creamed. Bowled over. Ripped. Torn to shreds. I just don't think I can watch the 2nd half. We need to much skill, luck and big time miracles to win this game.

Savantrice
12-04-2012, 03:53 AM
Ditto all that for the Bears. Yesterday's game was heartbreaking...

Savantrice
12-09-2012, 05:52 PM
And what's left my heart is crumbling to dust...A Peterson is single-handedly doing it. 3 minutes into the game, and the Bears are down 0-14. What.the.what?

QueenLocks
12-13-2012, 12:55 PM
I wish people would stop "hating" on the Falcons! Don't cry CCmomof5, you know Matt-Ice and Roddy wasn't gonna let that happen again in their house! (not to mention, they only lost by 4 points to the Saints) ooooh, and the last game they just lost? Well I got one word: "Playoffs!"

CCmomof5
12-16-2012, 09:06 PM
And the Falcons just handed the Giants the worst shutout loss of any defending Superbowl champs in the history of the NFL.

That's how you shut the naysayers up, Falcons!!!

MissL2911
12-23-2012, 02:32 PM
I am here. I am back and still reppin the 2012 NFC North Champions....#Packersbaby!!!!

MommieDearest
12-23-2012, 11:12 PM
I wish people would stop "hating" on the Falcons! Don't cry CCmomof5, you know Matt-Ice and Roddy wasn't gonna let that happen again in their house! (not to mention, they only lost by 4 points to the Saints) ooooh, and the last game they just lost? Well I got one word: "Playoffs!"

And the Falcons just handed the Giants the worst shutout loss of any defending Superbowl champs in the history of the NFL.

That's how you shut the naysayers up, Falcons!!!

I was in the dome when the Dirty Birds went all Alfred Hitchcock on the Eli an' nem. There were plenty of Giants fans talking smack when the game started. By the halftime they were reeeeeeaaaalllll quiet. Half-way through the third quarter they started a mass Exodus...

BWAAAhaahahahahaha!!!!!!

And YET, the ESPN and NFL network talking heads were still talking about the GIANTS!!! I'm like, really? SERIOUSLY???!!!! Then after we beat Detroit to get home field, it was still about Detroit and Calvin Johnson breaking Rice's record. Well, OK, breaking Jerry Rice's record IS a big deal. But still... I swear the Atlanta Falcons are the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL. We get no respect at all. :-|

But when we hold up that Lombardi trophy they will be forced to give us our props then. (:-)

CCmomof5
12-24-2012, 01:54 AM
I was in the dome when the Dirty Birds went all Alfred Hitchcock on the Eli an' nem. There were plenty of Giants fans talking smack when the game started. By the halftime they were reeeeeeaaaalllll quiet. Half-way through the third quarter they started a mass Exodus...

BWAAAhaahahahahaha!!!!!!

And YET, the ESPN and NFL network talking heads were still talking about the GIANTS!!! I'm like, really? SERIOUSLY???!!!! Then after we beat Detroit to get home field, it was still about Detroit and Calvin Johnson breaking Rice's record. Well, OK, breaking Jerry Rice's record IS a big deal. But still... I swear the Atlanta Falcons are the Rodney Dangerfield of the NFL. We get no respect at all. :-|

But when we hold up that Lombardi trophy they will be forced to give us our props then. (:-)

Jealous of you being at the dome for that game!!

@ the bolded: THAT's what I'm talking about!!!! (:-)

GalaxyGirl2012
12-24-2012, 01:59 AM
at this point i'm hoping that the redskins and giants make it through. eagles are obviously done but i can't have the cowboys make playoffs. the dudette will not abid

Savantrice
12-30-2012, 06:28 PM
Bear Down!!! Hope that nasty skid is long behind us. If we can beat the Lions (so far so good...but sad that its even a question, they're 4-11!!) and the Vikings lose (can't bring myself to root for those Cheeseheads!) we'll be into the playoffs.

I'm sad that football season is nearing an end :(

CCmomof5
12-30-2012, 08:09 PM
^^I'm sad about football season ending, too! :( Congrats to your Bears!!

I know that the Falcons sat a lot of starters down because this game didn't really matter, but I just hate seeing them lose to the Bucs!! :(o)

GalaxyGirl2012
12-30-2012, 11:40 PM
OMG..
redskins v cowboys in like an hour.

Go redskins!!