PDA

View Full Version : Need a little encouragement

kudurunzinga
05-04-2003, 01:05 PM
Right now my spiritual life in the dumps. I am going through a major transition right now. I am about to graduate from college in December and I have been working really hard to achieve some type of balance in my life. I have been eating healthier and exercising (I have lost 18 lbs) and working on the fighting the anxiety and depression that used to plague my lfe. I am doing well in school, but it is just my spiritual self that needs some serious conditioning. I am a very spiritual person, but I stopped attending church and often times when a gospel song comes on I turn because I feel guilty. I don't really drink or smoke. The biggest vice I have is cursing (hey I get it from my dad). I don't really know what I am trying to say in this message. I just need a little motivation because I know I need the Lord Jesus Christ in my life and he is always there. He treats me so well and tries his best to work with me as much as he can but I keep doing my own thing. I love God, I love my life and I know that I am truly a blessed person not materially because all that can be taken away but I have a beautiful and loving family and friends. I have opportunities that most people could only dream about. I know he has a plan for me but I know I am not doing like I am suppose to. Okay I am going to stop here. Thanks for listening or reading! :D

tran68
05-04-2003, 04:36 PM
First of all, know that your relationship with the Lord and your spiritual self are constantly growing....down/blah times WILL come....KNOW that he that is in you is greater than he that is in the world. Yes, there are stages when what you are going through now will be a thing of the past....there are babes in Christ, kids, teens, adults and more "seasoned" saints....I mean, I advise ANY woman to not be so hard on herself when that troubled feeling(s) comes along.

I attended a National Women's Conf this past week (Betty Price, et. al) and I was INSPIRED and ENCOURAGED to be the best woman that God would have me to be. As long as you are walking with Christ the enemy WILL try to get you back with him....that's the reason for his very existence to deter us, make us feel less than who and whose we are, ya know?

I'd go straight to our source of strenth and power....the WORD...the scriptures can "quicken" you and encourage you ALL BY ITSELF...it's often the times we spend in the word ALONE that give us the stuff we need to deal with daily life and it's ups and downs.

Be blessed sis and I'll be prayin for ya! :wink:

elleebeme5
05-04-2003, 04:59 PM
Tran is so right. Satan doesn't care about his own. Sometimes when I'm really struggling and I know that Satan is pulling me, I stop and chuckle. Then I thank God that Satan knows that I'm a child of Lord or else he wouldn't be spending so much time on me.

Depression is just as real as an organic illness. College is a prime time for depression to rear itself in your life. Read the scriptures - I suggest the Psalms - to continue to reinforce the role that God is playing in your life. Also realize that this is the time of life for questioning, confusion and exploration for so many people. What you're feeling might be normal.

I will lift you - and all students - in prayer. I know it's nuts this time of year.