PDA

View Full Version : frizz and moisture

browncoco
09-23-2011, 01:10 AM
my hair has been in twists for like months and its real frizzy and i dont know any hair styles to do with my hair to reduce the frizz or products. My twists or starter locs are neck legth any advice, and any shampoo that will hair reduce frizz and products that will moisturize and do the same

chachadiva
09-23-2011, 01:17 AM
The frizzing means your hair is locking. It's a part of the process. Your hair is trying to mat up.

You can try doing braidouts to help reduce the frizz a little, but it's not going to go away.

netta1
09-23-2011, 05:51 PM
hmmm yeah I agree frizz is a part of the locing process...on-the-other hand check out kimmaytube on youtube she has videos on frizz and ph balance for additional info...she is a loose natural btw..

KoilyLocGirl
09-23-2011, 06:37 PM
Braids and 2STs on your locs does help to reduce the frizzing. The other thing you could try is palm rolling but the reduced frizz will only last a short while.

Solution?!?: Embrace the frizz!

browncoco
09-24-2011, 07:06 PM
but its only been 6 wks and two days i thought that wasnt possible. it would at least take a yr? but the thing is the frizz is mating up with other frizzes lol and the loose hair or frizz is getting tangled with other parts of my hair its so annoyed.Because my hair hates parting unless you force it.So when i started my 2ST i didnt part with a comb i used my hands now im starting to regret it,and then my roots are loose their not tight anymore which is making things worse.Any advice on cheap working products.oh i forgot im fine with the frizz because its not that bad but the 3c section of my hair which isnt hidden is out of control with the frizzing

rootsbynature
10-10-2011, 08:28 AM
its going to be frizzy for a while.. but thats part of the journey.
we all went through it! hang in there.. braidouts help temporarily..
you can also turn to headwraps, hats, etc if you dont like looking at it..
but just be patient, in due time the frizz will minimize :)