PDA

View Full Version : Caring for new Sisterlocks (never got product)

newlife2169
10-22-2011, 10:55 PM
My Sisterlocks are almost three weeks old. My consultant didn't have the starter products in; she said they would be in earlier this week but I haven't heard if they're in yet. I haven't put anything on them at all (I washed them once with Aveda's Rosemary Mist shampoo). I'm concerned that they're getting dry.

Any suggestions? Thanks....

chachadiva
10-22-2011, 11:24 PM
The only starter product is the shampoo. Since you used the Aveda, you are fine on that front.

A lot of people will say not use anything on your hair for months. I'll tell you what my consultant told me. It's your hair and you know what is needs. If you need to use a little something for moisture, then use something.

If you decide to use something, you would use whatever moisture products you used before. Just use sparingly.

newlife2169
10-23-2011, 01:21 AM
Thanks for this info....

Any suggestions because I never got my pre-Sisterlocks (chemical free) hair routine quite right in terms of moisture. I'm figuring that whatever I use needs to be in spray form (some kind of water mixture).... I think the conditioners I have are too heavy/may not mix well(?)....

chachadiva
10-23-2011, 01:33 AM
If you want to start simple, look into a water based spray moisturizer like Gregg Juice by Oyin Handmade.

newlife2169
10-23-2011, 02:32 AM
If you want to start simple, look into a water based spray moisturizer like Gregg Juice by Oyin Handmade.

Thanks for this suggestion!

netta1
10-23-2011, 07:53 AM
yep...take a spray bottle add to it some water, essential oil and a touch of coconut oil...good to go.

Sister locs do not require special products...nothing different from any other locs. Just make sure you band your hair when you wash it.....

cutenappygrl
08-23-2018, 12:05 PM
My Sisterlocks are almost three weeks old. My consultant didn't have the starter products in; she said they would be in earlier this week but I haven't heard if they're in yet. I haven't put anything on them at all (I washed them once with Aveda's Rosemary Mist shampoo). I'm concerned that they're getting dry.

Any suggestions? Thanks....

Do you like Paul Mitchell? Sometimes I find really good products inside of the salon in Walmart...