PDA

View Full Version : Weaves vs. Natural

Michele4905
10-24-2011, 01:20 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxZFvoSO2LE&feature=player_embedded

I apologize if this video has been discussed before but I found it pretty comical. The two women are deluded.

This was certainly successful in advancing discussions about our har...:huh:

Karibana
10-24-2011, 01:40 AM
I love the way natural girl looked like she was about to hurt someone when weave girl was talking :-)) Too bad she didn't make a point about being natural means embracing your natural pattern and the products we use go towards that end, regardless if it has ingredients with pronounceable names.

bhop13
10-24-2011, 03:51 AM
OP, we have another thread with the other 4 videos also.

http://www.nappturality.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146467

lin19lyn
10-24-2011, 12:20 PM
I also love the pained look the lady with the 'fro has. She is in pain just listening to the convoluted "explanation" the other lady is giving. The weave wearer is just flopping in the breeze trying to explain herself. I guess the 'fro wearer is just a bit young and inexperienced in holding her own and explaining that natural means no chemical alteration of the texture of the hair. Wacka flacka God Bless 'em...

KreativeKoils
11-11-2011, 12:55 AM
I've seen this vid before... It just makes me smfh... I don't understand why there's so much shade in the black community. Not to mention dumber than sacks of taters talkin' like they really have the tea. :-|

delleaux
11-13-2011, 12:50 AM
O-M-G!!! Weavie is very misguided the products she is talking about are products to enhance to keep the the natural hair beautiful since when weaves are healthy!!!

meraki
11-13-2011, 02:52 AM
Oh, dear. I could only take about 1:41 of that foolishness.

sharra09
11-19-2011, 11:45 PM
this video is can not be for real... I'm like meraki...i couldnt even watch this whole video.... and I'm not even completely natural yet ....

PeaceofMind
11-21-2011, 04:47 PM
I am disappointed in myself for watching all those videos. Seems like the only ones who made sense were the men

Leishabug
11-22-2011, 12:56 PM
I've always hated my hair. But the moment I cut my relaxed ends, I fell in love. I use to wear weaves (only kinky twist at that) because I had no idea how to do my hair. But now that its time for me to really get with my protective styles, I've dismissed weave bc I like and love MY hair too much

GorgeousKinkz
11-22-2011, 01:33 PM
I guess a large number of women on this site are not really natural since we use commercial shampoos and conditioners.. smh. People are just all kinds of confused

kell
11-22-2011, 01:40 PM
The chick with the weave acts like she knows what she is talking about but she doesn't. I truely don't care how people wear their hair cuz its their hair but stop misinforming people about natural hair.

bhop13
11-22-2011, 02:04 PM
If you pause at 1:59 you get to see exactly what this whole video is about, LOL. The natural girl is confused and a little shocked and the girl with the weave is defensive and has an attitude.

MommieDearest
11-22-2011, 02:05 PM
The chick with the weave acts like she knows what she is talking about but she doesn't. I truely don't care how people wear their hair cuz its their hair but stop misinforming people about natural hair.

This right here.

soapinphilly
11-22-2011, 03:11 PM
both of them were young and stupid...one defensive...the other talkin bout my pet peeve...the big ole giant shea butter nut...which is really a freakin gourd that someone dumps a 25 lb blk of shea butter into for display...

Blazinflames
11-22-2011, 04:39 PM
The natural girl was too laid back for my liking. I wondered if she reads about natural hair cos she couldn't debunk some of the "weave" girls' points. Some of the stuff were just things a newbie could talk about. Looking at the weave wearer with such a face spoke a lot though. As for the weave lady, i laughed my heart out with some of my colleagues cos she sounded so myopic about caring for hair.

queenofcurls
11-22-2011, 05:41 PM
OMG I know the weave girl, that's one of my cousins friends in Cali...it's funny cause I always thought she was off...although my cousin is natural, she needs to inform Love of her craziness....

AStone
11-22-2011, 08:57 PM
^^ that's so random lol

teeteeiscutie
11-23-2011, 05:18 AM
i love my natural hair and my weave just to mix it up a little

msdiddyj
11-23-2011, 05:55 AM
this trick is sooo dumb i can't take her anymore

CoilyHairedBeauty
11-23-2011, 11:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If3JDK7NDjc

Sooooooooooooooo thoughts?:-o

fuzzyhair
11-24-2011, 12:46 AM
This is solely my opinion only: I feel like, for me, there is no reason that I need to wear a weave. If I want a protective style I have so many options with twists, braids, cornrows, flat twists, buns, etc there is no need to slap somoene else's hair in my head. If I want to jazz up my hair, I can go find a style on youtube and recreate it or show it to a stylist and have them recreate it. If I want to spice it up, there is always a cut or color. My own hair has enough jazz, spice, variety, fun, whatever to satisfy my every need. I feel like my hair has enough options and I haven't exhausted them all, nor will I ever. That's just me, I can respect the fact that someone else doesn't have that fulfillment or wants to explore other options, I just don't understand the "NEED" to wear a weave (for non-medical purposes). Nor do I get how a person who is transitioned and broke the chains of re.Laxed hair can throw in a REMY weave. Or a person who has accepted their curl pattern throw on a "Joan Clayton" wig. To each her own, but if you talk the talk and don't walk the walk and I give you a side-eye forgive me for my moment in judgement. I respect that everyone has choices, I just may not understand them.