PDA

View Full Version : How Can I Sr8ten Or Flatten My Hair For One Day?

deedabug
07-13-2004, 06:36 PM
my b-day is comin soon and i want to know how i can flatten my hair for 1! day...thats it...im not tryna change my naps permanently and i dont want to damage my hair....how can i do it so that my hair doesnt shrink up before my eyes and so that it may last for the whole day?? what products do i need to use on it?? since i'm skurd of heat now(it's been so long) i also want to know if anyone has tried any of those thingys goody makes that i seen in walmart...u add water to these strips and it's pose to flatten your hair....anyone tried them??

i have seen in some albums that ppl have flattened their hair and it looked very nice...i cant remember the albums and didnt bookmark them...can you point me back in the right direction to them??

phatlipps1
07-13-2004, 06:44 PM
I would be afraid of damaging my hair too. I think I'd opt for a wig for a straight style.

thunderstorm
07-13-2004, 06:50 PM
softnred,

i'll pm you.

but if i were you, i'd be prepared to :duck .

Button2004
07-13-2004, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by phatlipps1@Jul 13 2004, 01:44 PM
I would be afraid of damaging my hair too. I think I'd opt for a wig for a straight style.
ITA, I dont support straightening of any kind and I really, realy hope you dont do it. If you must have it straighetened please get a wig. Also, refer to Dee's pinned thread.

Please dont straighten your hair. I wish you would realize it is beautiful as it is. :-?

karimarie
07-13-2004, 06:58 PM
i agree that pms are best - in order to respect the wishes of dee. however - just my .02. :) my first cent is: I'd think about the roller sets. If done correctly they give your hair much more shine and style than a press.

my second cent is: take a look at my album - under 2003. note the difference (about 3-4 inches) of hair loss due to straightening with a comb - then take a look at some of my other albums where you can see the heat damage on my tresses. There is definiate ir-repairable damage done to some shafts of hair that will NEVER curl up again naturally. I have to totally manipulate them in order to get them to blend in with the rest of my hair.

i COMPLETELY understand your wanting to wear another style - and I understand that pressed hair IS a style. But while you're thinking "just one night" - again remember that the damage last for years. My hair is testament to that fact.

Good luck and take care. :)

deedabug
07-13-2004, 07:05 PM
aight well i will pm the ppl that said they could tell me(i dont know anyone on here to hit up in Pm about anything and alot of ppl r unapproachable)....i didnt want to disrespect the site at all...i didnt mean i wanted to use heat...not what i meant at all....kari i'll check ur album and see what's up...i juss needed some hair advice...maybe i shoulda left the word str8ten outta the title cuz that seemed to make some read wrong...lollll...

does anyone know of the Goody made products i asked about...that do not use heat at all...juss water??

Moderator W
07-13-2004, 07:06 PM
You've been here long enough to know this topic is against board rules. Please refer to them.