PDA

View Full Version : GREAT Conditioner and Detangler!

ava1
01-21-2003, 04:03 PM
I am 3-1/2 months into my transition and every time I wash my hair, it's been more difficult to even get a comb through it. I tried Creme of Nature Shampoo which used to work wonders in the past but does nothing for the 2 textures of hair I have going on now. Then I tried Aussie Slip which did nothing for me. Then my Mom reccommeded Nexxus Ensure Acidifying Conditioner and Detangler. It worked great! I put it on and I was able to comb right through my hair! Now it's a little more expensive than drug store options because you can only find Nexxus products on Salons or places like Trade Secret. I bought a 5oz for $7.00. However, it was worth it! Here some info:
Ensure Acidifying Conditioner and Detangler
Promotes smooth, tangle-free hair
• Closes cuticle and eliminates static electricity
• Adds instant shine and lustre
• Adds body without making hair heavy
• Excellent colour additive to enhance depth of colour
• Controls oxidation during colour & perm services
• Fortified with NexxuSpheres
Ensure Acidifying Conditioner and Detangler is a pH3 formulation that combines advanced NexxuSphere technology with Nature's finest conditioning Botanicals to promote incredibly smooth, tangle free hair. Unlike traditional conditioners, Ensure leaves the hair lively and bouncy, never limp or lifeless. Grapefruit, Aloe, Geranium, Comfrey, Avocado Oil, Protein and time released Nutrients improve hair strength, elasticity and manageability. Ensure may be used on all hair types after every shampoo to eliminate split ends and static electricity, leaving hair full of body with remarkable sheen.
FORTIFIED WITH NEXXUSPHERES
Advanced microsphere technology provides the gradual release of hair strengthening Ceramides, replenishing Nutrients, Antioxidants and UV Protectors. A NEXXUS exclusive, this breakthrough, time release feature gives hair sustained health, softness and radiance.
DIRECTIONS: Apply to towel dried hair. Comb through. Leave in 3 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water.

tamtam
01-21-2003, 05:08 PM
Ava,
Nexxus Humectress is also excellent, although it is a bit pricier $7 -$30 (for a big container with a pump). Worth it though.

Tammy

NappGirlCurl
01-21-2003, 08:13 PM
Does it actually list the full ingredients? Can you post those, please?

Malia78
01-22-2003, 01:48 PM
I just bought the Nexus Ensure last night I cant wait to try it out. If anything can help me detangle my nappy head then I am excited :)

tamtam
01-22-2003, 03:12 PM
Does it actually list the full ingredients? Can you post those, please?

Not sure if you meant the ensure acidifier :

Ingredients:
Aqueous Extracts of Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Geranium Maculatum, Comfrey, Stearyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Bromide, Grapefruit Juice, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Tocopheryl Acetate, Avocado Oil, Glycine Soja Sterol, Ceramide 3, Triticum Vulgare Flour Lipids, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Alpha Glucan Oligosaccharide, Butyl Methoxydibenzoyl Methane, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Myristic Acid, Palamitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Polyglyceryl 3 Distearate, Polysorbate 60, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Citric Acid, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Red 40, Red 28, Blue 1, Yellow 5

or humectress:
Ingredients:
Water, Stearalkonium Chloride, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Mineral Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Flour Lipids, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Alpha Glucan Oligosaccharide, Keratin Amino Acids, Panthenol, Tocopherol Acetate, Magnesium Citrate, Manganese Citrate, Avocado Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Sterol, Ceramide 3, Butyl Methoxydibenzoyl Methane, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Myristic Acid, Palamitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Sodium Chloride, Polyglyceryl 3 Distearate, Polysorbate 60, Polysorbate 20, Potassium Sorbate, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Petrolatum, Stearyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, PEG 40, Castor Oil, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Red 4, Yellow 5, Blue 1, Red 33

Here are both - you can find the ingredients at www.drugstore.com under "Nexxus"

Tammy

chocol8diva714
01-24-2003, 03:57 AM
Whoooo, some more products to buy!! Why does it seem like I am becoming a PJ again?

Help me....smooches and blessings :P

candyrain
01-24-2003, 09:21 AM
I tried both the Nexxus Ensure and Nexxus Humectress at the height of my PJ days. I was not impressed with the Nexxus Ensure at all. It did nothing for my hair :( . The Nexxus Humectress is good, but I find it rather expensive at £14 for 13.5 oz, so I no longer use it. IMHO, D&L Dry Hair Healer and LeKair Aloe Cholesterol work just as well and are much more value for money.

Potterville
01-24-2003, 02:01 PM
I use the Ensure after I touch up my color to seal it in...works well for that. The detangling was not great, but that's not what I bought it for. I love the smell too, grapefruit!

Shay_MSU
01-27-2003, 06:46 PM
The Ensure did nothing for my hair but make it harder to comb out. I will not be using it again.

Nubiyan
01-30-2003, 03:33 AM
The Ensure was just okay...

I'm mixing the rest of my little tube with my V05 pear mango ($7 compared to $.94 :roll: ).

CEE26
01-30-2003, 03:08 PM
try elucence as a conditioner or a leave-in. :)

Ladybug
07-01-2003, 06:55 PM
I just discovered Nexus Ensure this weekend at the natural hair salon. It worked wonders for my hair. My hair felt sooo soft and was so much easier to comb. I didnt even flinch while she was combing my hair out and believe me I am tenderheaded :(

She gave me some samples, but I am definitely planning to buy some in the near future.

LaLa*
07-03-2003, 12:27 AM
I just bought the Headress by Nexxus but I love the Humectress conditioner. I have not seen the Ensure around anywhere... I'm a little bored so maybe I'll venture on the otherside of town to find it. I just their products weren't so damn expensive.