PDA

View Full Version : Rosemary?

rootsbynature
03-04-2012, 08:30 PM
hey fam, I was just wondering if yall have ever done
rosemary spritzes or have heard of them?
What exactly is that supposed to do?
lol just wanna know!

ight, peace yall!
-roots
;)

KnottyAuthor
08-02-2013, 12:11 PM
OOO this was a long time ago. :(

Yes, I love and live by rosemary. It can help the hair to grow fast. It stimulates the hair follicles to divide-leading to growth. I add it to spritzes, shampoos and conditioners. My hubby won't use it bc it makes his hair grow too fast b/t hair cuts.

OHR
08-02-2013, 06:06 PM
*raises hand*
I need to get back to mixing this in my deep conditioners. I've never used this with shampoos...maybe I'll do that too!
To add: I've been mixing sage in my dc's as well...maybe it's my imagination, but it does seem to keep my hair darker. I don't have much in the way of greys (& I'm inching up on the BIG 60).

Sohful1
08-02-2013, 06:19 PM
Reminder to self: by some more rosemary and sage. :)

KnottyAuthor
08-03-2013, 01:58 AM
sage and rosemary are my 2 favorite to mix! they complement one another for hair growth!!!

Venetter
08-04-2013, 03:23 AM
All this rosemary and sage talk has got me hungry.

yum chicken! don't worry, I won't put any poultry seasoning in any of my spritzes! :)
but i do have some rosemary oil lying around somewhere!

thefineprint
10-20-2013, 08:57 PM
I use a rosemary hair rinse monthly - look it up on pinterest and you will find a variety of recipes. I actually just made one last night with fresh rosemary from the garden. I boil mine over the stove for 15mins and then let it steep overnight (just a few sprigs usually). The next day I rinse my hair in the shower and then pour the rinse over my locs. Don't rinse it out - let it dry like that. Curl or twist your locks with some jojoba, olive or castor oil and your locs will be moistured for a long time. Rosemary also is a natural darkener too

Onnica
11-17-2013, 05:46 AM
Hi. I agree with all stated above. Rosemary is suppose to be very good for stimulating growth and sage is known for helping the strands revert back to it's natural shade of hair color. I keep planning to purchase both. I will try the rosemary in the thin spot in my crown. I will use the sage before my rinse for covering my grays.The sooner I start the sooner I will see the results. I have read that the best price for essential oils is Vitacost.com. Peace and Blessings.

wildbush
11-18-2013, 08:21 PM
I am all over this Rosemary and Sage spritz. I 3 1/2 months in to my journey. Not big on growth but the health of my hair. And of course patiently waiting for my hair to fully loc.

galeb
11-19-2013, 12:49 AM
I'm going to boil some down tonight and put it in a spray bottle, I'll do a spritz after I wash my hair weekly and hope it helps my hair stay moist, cause it is dry as a bone, and it has shrunk down to half its length. I have fresh rosemary here, I wonder if I can just add some to my daily water oil spritz, its 3/4 water and 1/4 mixture of oils.

Onnica
02-09-2014, 08:04 AM
Hello. I finally purchased my rosemary and sage essential oils. I use them both in my daily sptitz. It's a mixture of Water,Glycerin, Almond oil, Rosemary and sage. I use it every couple of days and I try to remember to spray on my scalp too. I really want help for my thinning edges. I also recently jumped on the band wagon of using Black castor Oil on my edges and on my thin spot in my crown We shall see if 2014 will be my year of restorative health for my hair\locs. Im sure believing for it. Peace and Blessings.

Onnica
02-09-2014, 08:04 AM
Hello. I finally purchased my rosemary and sage essential oils. I use them both in my daily sptitz. It's a mixture of Water,Glycerin, Almond oil, Rosemary and sage. I use it every couple of days and I try to remember to spray on my scalp too. I really want help for my thinning edges. I also recently jumped on the band wagon of using Black castor Oil on my edges and on my thin spot in my crown We shall see if 2014 will be my year of restorative health for my hair\locs. Im sure believing for it. Peace and Blessings.