PDA

View Full Version : More Loc Albums......Please?

wannabenappy
01-27-2003, 06:24 PM
I know there are plenty of people locking here on nappturality, but there are only a handful of albums. I'm not seeing the sistas here with locs represented in the online albums forum. :( I myself am in the baby stages of locing and would luv to see more pics of fellow newbie and veteran lockers. For those who may not have albums, do you mind sharing photos with the rest of us? You can cover your face on the photos with mosiacs if your iffy about having your face up on the web. Seeing photos of others with locs are very inspirational, especially to those like myself who are just begining their journey.

Purty pleeaase? :puppydogeyes:

afrikankween
01-27-2003, 06:39 PM
I dont know if you have seen my album but you can see it by clicking on the "www" button. The password is lock.

flynppy
01-27-2003, 06:40 PM
Well just so you know. I am a loced sister, and I have a photo album. Just click on the house down at the bottom or

http://photos.yahoo.com/locedlikethat

Hope that helps. :D

Twistie74
01-27-2003, 07:23 PM
I wondered about that too!

The link to my page is down in my signature "Visit my webpage"

Fansia
01-27-2003, 08:53 PM
i also would like to see more pics
especially from freeformers.

I will surely post a pic soon.
:)

Fansia
02-24-2003, 03:47 PM
b
u
m
p

MuthaErth
02-24-2003, 05:09 PM
thanx for the inspiration ladies :) i enjoy looking at other folks locks as well and couldn't seem to find any in the photo section. my digital camera broke right after christmas, so i have to get another one. i'll be sharing pics of me and my loc tribe soon :)

starchild
02-24-2003, 05:43 PM
i would love to post my newbies but, i am computer illiterate. I don't have a digital camera or a scanner so i guess, i am out of luck :( ,

stephny
02-24-2003, 06:10 PM
i would love to post my newbies but, i am computer illiterate. I don't have a digital camera or a scanner so i guess, i am out of luck :( ,

me too... :(

Tami2shoes
02-24-2003, 11:45 PM

me too... :(

Hi :-) You can take pics with a regular cam and have them put on disk when developed. :-) Just nosing around because I wanna see more loc pics too. :D

MuthaErth
02-25-2003, 12:20 AM
ok i'm gonna let everyone know how dumb i really am :oops:
when you get the pics developed to disk, how do you share them? is it sorta like sharing from you digicam?

Felicitous
02-25-2003, 09:32 PM
To my sistas w/o digicams or scanners....When you get your pics developed have them put it on a disk

-then set up an album of your choice, picturetrail, foki, yahoo, msn

-upload your pics by doing a browse to the "/a:" drive.

-select you pics one at a time

-then make your album....

HTH. let me know if you need further assistance.

I'm only one month into my loc process. I am keeping pics. stay tuned....
And thanks for all the sistahs out there who have shared their pics.

Much love, Fe

xotikloks
02-25-2003, 11:23 PM
Felicitous, thanks for the info.

OK, OK, I'm convinced, I'll start taking pictures. Taking pictures has never been my thing but for the sake of nappyhood, sisterhood, locinghood, etc. I'll do it!

Any advice for a hosting site? Is one better to manage than another?

MuthaErth
02-26-2003, 12:46 AM
ok Felicitous, i've started an album @ msn, but i don't know how to tell you that they are there :? They are old pics that I had developed to disc, but never knew what to do with the disk. now i know and still don't know :? lol
maybe this will help the name of the album is NaturalQTs and it's @msn....

Felicitous
02-26-2003, 10:45 PM
I pm'd ya.

MuthaErth
02-26-2003, 10:56 PM
THANX FE :D
i think i got it. i just ran to curcit city and got myself a cheap lil dgital camera, so i will be updating soon :)
thanx again Fe :wink:

xotikloks
02-27-2003, 12:09 AM
I did it.

Password is locing

mommytimes2
02-27-2003, 12:39 AM
MuthaErth, how do I get into your website? I'm at a loss :?: :?

CurleeDST
02-27-2003, 01:42 AM
I just love your locs!!! I want what you have!! Patience I know patience grasshopper.

Beautiful Xotikloks!

I did it.

Password is locing

MuthaErth
02-27-2003, 03:18 AM
ok ladies, i'm at a lost right now 2, i thought i was cooking with gas, but i gotta get my tutor to guide me through this :?

Fansia
02-27-2003, 09:20 AM
xotikloks, they are BEAUTIFULL !
i LOVE the highlights.
:D

MuthaErth
02-27-2003, 04:48 PM
xotickloks your locs are BEAUTIFUL!!!
i think i may have fixed the problem with my photo album. after i post this i'm gonna try to get to it and see what happens.
be patient wit me ladies i'm old and not very computer savy :?

pegnsatx
02-27-2003, 10:11 PM
I posted an intro and link info on the "Online Photo Album" forum and someone responded that I should join this discussion.

I am very new to this on-line community and not familiar with terminology, yet. I think my locs are "free form." But, I'm not really sure what that means.

Please read my post of February 26 for more information about my journey. If you go to my photo site to see my hair and that of my 2 1/2 year old granddaughter, the album is labeled "Hair Journal" at the "www" in my profile.

I'll be glad to join any discussion about maintenance, as I practice it.

Smooches,
Peg

Fansia
02-27-2003, 10:34 PM
such a cute granddaughter !!! my daughters are also two years old :)

Welcome to our locclub !
Your locs are fabulous !!!! It´s nice to see rooted freeformlocs !
My mother is also locing and i´ll show her your pics so she can see that grey locs can be beautifull too ! She´s totally grey but dyes her hair with bigen. :) I did some maintainance on her hair today and my palms were all black :? :D We would love to know more about your maintainance regimen.

afrikankween
02-27-2003, 10:42 PM
I posted an intro and link info on the "Online Photo Album" forum and someone responded that I should join this discussion.

I am very new to this on-line community and not familiar with terminology, yet. I think my locs are "free form." But, I'm not really sure what that means.

Please read my post of February 26 for more information about my journey. If you go to my photo site to see my hair and that of my 2 1/2 year old granddaughter, the album is labeled "Hair Journal" at the "www" in my profile.

Smooches,
Peg
Oh MY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your locs are gorgeous and very regal.

rockinlocs
02-28-2003, 02:20 AM

Smooches,
Peg
Oh MY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your locs are gorgeous and very regal.

I wholeheartedly agree!!! Your locs ARE very beautiful and regal!

Welcome!

Nappalonia
02-28-2003, 05:48 PM
I finally got my film developed......here's my contribution to the loc albums.....2 week old braidlocs.

click link below[/b]

Felicitous
02-28-2003, 08:07 PM
Thanks 4 sharing Nappalonia (btw I love your name :) )

Welcom to locdom! Your hair looks like mine when I started except my hair is waaaay shorter than yours...can you imagin?

How are you gonna maintain them?

Is that your daugher? shes a qtpie.

Fe

Nappalonia
02-28-2003, 08:20 PM
Thanks 4 sharing Nappalonia (btw I love your name :) )

Welcom to locdom! Your hair looks like mine when I started except my hair is waaaay shorter than yours...can you imagin?

How are you gonna maintain them?

Is that your daugher? shes a qtpie.

Fe

Thanks Fe.....actually, believe it or not that is my Granddaughter.....I plan on latching....Iv'e got to get rockinlocs book soon.... :wink:

rockinlocs
02-28-2003, 11:53 PM
VERY nice and pretty Nappalonia! I liked the first set too...what happened with those?

Beryl
03-01-2003, 01:00 AM
@ Nappolonia and Peg
Your pics are fabulous and inspiring! Thanks for posting the links.

@ Rockinlocs
Your profile pic is cute. Your locs have really thickened up.

rockinlocs
03-01-2003, 01:24 AM
@ Beryl: THANKS! :D

marissasensei
03-02-2003, 09:24 PM
Xotikloks,

Your locs are BEAUTIFUL. Love love love the color!

aquababie19
03-02-2003, 09:32 PM
i have to get my cam back from my boyfriend. i am supposed to be documenting my journey anyway. i have some on regular, but i am so slow about developing film. i need a cheap digital camera. that website i have is B.L.--before locks-- :)

Nappalonia
03-03-2003, 07:54 PM
VERY nice and pretty Nappalonia! I liked the first set too...what happened with those?

Thanks Rockinlocs....the first set were extremely small....I have super fine strands and I was afraid of thinning and breakage, and to make the maintenance a little less time consuming I opted for a larger size.

I did my first wash on Sat. (going into 3rd week) shrinkage is setting in and I have about 1/2 inch of new growth....looks like I'll be latching soon :?

Nappalonia
03-03-2003, 07:58 PM
@ Nappolonia and Peg
Your pics are fabulous and inspiring! Thanks for posting the links.

@ Rockinlocs
Your profile pic is cute. Your locs have really thickened up.

WOW! Fabulous & Inspiring.....that means a lot coming from you! Thanks :D

luvnme1st
03-06-2003, 06:42 PM
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p...&albumPassword= (http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=6&uid=962499&galleryPassword=kiD4DVEw1iZA6&albumPassword=)

Password: KINKY

I hope that I did that right.

Nappalonia
03-06-2003, 06:53 PM
luvnme1st....nice pics.....you make me wanna go roll my braids up :D

CurleeDST
03-06-2003, 06:55 PM
Your hair is too cute!

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=6&uid=962499&galleryPassword=kiD4DVEw1iZA6&albumPassword=

stephny
03-06-2003, 06:55 PM
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=6&uid=962499&galleryPassword=kiD4DVEw1iZA6&albumPassword=

Luvnme1st - I love your tag and I think your pictures are great! Do you maintain by palm rolling? Your locs are beautiful. Keep up the good work...I may try those curls this weekend :wink:

luvnme1st
03-07-2003, 02:12 PM
Do you maintain by palm rolling? Your locs are beautiful.

First, thank you for the compliment. Second, in the past, I had been getting them twisted by a beautician. Now, I will be switching to the palm-roll method because I want to maintiain my locs by myself. The palm roll is easier for me to grasps, than the twisting. I hope that swtiching techniques will not change my hair too much.

Fansia
04-25-2003, 02:57 PM
b
u
m
p

sonshinescoils
06-11-2004, 07:22 AM
bump

rsorap
06-14-2004, 06:42 PM
YOU MAY VISIT ME AT WWW.MICROBRAIDLOCZ.COM

niknik
06-14-2004, 07:11 PM
I promise to post soon. I am just waiting to finish this last roll of film before I get them all developed.

aymst1
06-14-2004, 07:16 PM
you can look at mine :)

Jlmashby
07-07-2004, 06:08 PM
bump

Clever
07-07-2004, 06:57 PM
okay something is wrong with this thread.......... no links are visible :(

rsorap
07-07-2004, 09:55 PM
Hi there, I'm a newbie as well, just approaching my 4 month of loczing and will be updating my site soon. Check me out and don't forget to check back later for updates.

www.microbraidlocz.com

luvlilocs
07-08-2004, 03:34 AM
How can I get my pics on the site? I have a head full of locs that I would like to share with y'all!